brushless motor help!

robcamp

1 mW
i need helpn with this motor on what kind it is and how to hook it up, i do know it is a china motor and 48v 500w front hub brushless i need to get a controller and on a tight buget can someone please tell me what would be compatible with this for this??

Attachments

• bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 902
  • bike3.jpg
    bike3.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 902
  • bike hub.jpg
    bike hub.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 902
Any 20-25 amp brushless controller would work. Vendor depends on what continent you are on. You will have to deal with figuring out the phase and halls wire sequence though, which is a pita.

ok thnx for the reply do you have any suggestions and how do i figure out the hall sensor and phases ?

There is a thread in the tech reference section on it. When you have found the right combination, your motor spins forward smoothly, and draws about 1 amp spinning with the wheel not touching the ground.

If you find a sensorless controller, then you could only hook up the three fat power wires, and greatly simplfy the process of finding the combo. Spins forward = good.

k if i dont hook up the three small wires i will need a sensorless controll or could i just not hook them up and have just throttle all the time? <if only three fat wires are connected >

A sensorless, brushless, controller will work with just the three fat wires hooked up. A sensored controller will need all the wires connected, in the proper sequence.

You can get a decent sensorless controller here, assuming you are in the USA. http://www.hightekbikes.com/controller.html

To further simplify things, get a throttle from the same place, and you can just plug and play. You will have to provide your own three connectors for the fat wires, since it's unlikely that the motor and controller connectors will match.

Andersons, from here, is a typical choice for the three fat wires. http://www.powerwerx.com/anderson-powerpoles/housings-contacts/1327-1327G6-pp15-30-45-colored-housing.html

You want two each, of green, blue and yellow housings. and get 25 or so 30 amp contacts. Get some red and blue housings too, since you will want them to connect the battery to the controller.

is it good to run 4 12v lead acid sealed batteries that are 12ah or can i go to 15 ah? what is best for this type of setup on a budget ?

Back