Burnt Battery, ADVICE needed! what should i do next?

dazzassj6

100 W
hey guys,

after overvolting my ebike and stuff, i've had numerous problems, like burnt motor, and now burnt battery. I just burnt my main pack 36v10ah li-ion battery. Its one of those stock ones thats in the case and fits nicely with a lock on it and keystart.

I paired that up with the 24v10ah ping to make 60v but now that option is gone. I dont know what i should do with my ebike(battery), and a unusable 24v batt.

I have two options and dont know which one to pick.

Should i go back to stock voltage and buy the stock battery for $600aud for the 36v10ah li-ion, that fits nicely into my bike and fits in the lock

or should i go buy another 24v10ah ping battery for $365aud? half the price and i'll get 48v, will probably get a speed of 35km/h?

3rd option, find what'S wrong with your battery, it could be only the BMS...if so you can change it...or maybe one cell, then you can change it too....

For sure you can salvage something out of that pack!

Robin

nah the pack is pretty much gone. Its a li-mn pack reading 28.5v thats like 4 cells or more that is dead.

im not very good at salvaging the cells....dont plan to...

Or if you really want to go get another battery, just send the "dead" battery to me ;). I just got done building my 7s14p Konion pack, so I guess it's time to find something new to do lol.

I knew somebody would want that pack. Before spending money, I'd want to figure out why the pack melted down. Maybe you need to back off a step, and look at others on the forum who have bikes that work well, and imitate what they have? Sounds to me like you want higher discharge rate cells if you want the bike to fly.

Back