Casual Commuter Recommendations

[/quote]Maybe a slower wind 48v kit would help? Mine tops off at 20-21 mph at 48 volts and 23 mph at 52 volts. It's a good match for my cheap triangle pack, and since the OP only wants to travel at 20 mph...
[/quote]

How are you getting only 23mph with your setup? None those cheap kit motors should be slow wind, they are all about the same. I must assume the UPP battery isn't what the vendor claims, assuming you are talking speed on the flat. And your body weight has little to do with top speed.

greyphantom said:
How are you getting only 23mph with your setup? None those cheap kit motors should be slow wind, they are all about the same. I must assume the UPP battery isn't what the vendor claims, assuming you are talking speed on the flat. And your body weight has little to do with top speed.

Cheap ($144) no name ebay kit that came with a MXUS motor. Specs said 19-20 mph (48 volts), and that's what I got. Battery is cheap, but it will output 40 amps if I push it hard, with lots of sag of course. I'm with the motor, but the battery will get an upgrade a some point.

Back