• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

China (virus): no problem with air shipments? i'd like to buy.........

Package from the states finally showed up. Mailed April 6 from Michigan, delivered May 21 to BC.

Now those brake pads from the UK and 8 or 12 other things I ordered from China on the other hand...

Better eventually than never I guess. Here's hoping phase 2 means stuff starts rolling in a little more quickly. I wonder how big the backlog is?

See this is the type of shit I'm talking about:

lvc4vchgu9jjfqotmggi.png

They get it local in the blink of an eye, then the last mile courier just completely refuses to do his job. GPS shows that "Delivery Exception - Customer not available or business closed" was scanned in Delta. I don't live in Delta. I was home alllllllll day. They never came.

I'd put money down that they never actually attempt to deliver this. I will watch it do the same "out for delivery, not home, out for delivery, not home" dance until I redirect it to a depot and pick it up myself.

This is what I'm paying $30 plus duty and fees for, to ship an envelope. This kind of service. Every time.

Ordered a 125V DC contactor directly from AliExpress Jan 25th. Tracking showed it arrived in NYC, then nothing for two months. Got my refund from AliExpress without any hassle. Turned around and ordered a similarly spec'd contactor from a China vendor via eBay in late March. Once again the item arrived in NYC and was held up there for two+ weeks. Eventually the item arrived last week.

Seems to me two things going on here:
  • US appears to be quarantining items from China for two weeks or more
  • And some of those items never make it out of the quarantine warehouse...
M

I'm legitimately stunned. FedEx actually delivered the package.

Of course when they scanned it as delivered it showed Surrey, not Delta. They were still full of shit every other time they claimed a delivery attempt for this package and the many others before it, but they actually delivered this one.

Hurray?

My luck though.. get the bullets the same morning they email me to tell me the Lipos I ordered at the same time are suddenly out of stock with no ETA on replenishment. :thumb: Hobbyking :kff:

I checked my email and Canadian Tire refunded my account, they can no longer get 20x2.8 bicycle tubes. luckily Toecutter brought up 16inch moped tires on 20 inch rims. Amazon still has 16x2.5 moped inner tubes :bigthumb:

goatman said:
I checked my email and Canadian Tire refunded my account, they can no longer get 20x2.8 bicycle tubes. luckily Toecutter brought up 16inch moped tires on 20 inch rims. Amazon still has 16x2.5 moped inner tubes :bigthumb:

There stores are all out of stock (on the shelves) with only literally a handful of tubes, obviously the 26" tubes are all gone and all their BSO's are gone.

yes, amazon is short on tubes also or 6 week wait. chain reaction in the uk where I got my tires were out of tubes for them.
I managed to get 3 moped tubes, 16x2.25 expected delivery for june.1 to june.4 from amazon for my 20x2.35 bike tires

goatman said:
yes, amazon is short on tubes also or 6 week wait. chain reaction in the uk where I got my tires were out of tubes for them.
I managed to get 3 moped tubes, 16x2.25 expected delivery for june.1 to june.4 from amazon for my 20x2.35 bike tires

You may have luck for tires and tubes at motorcycle dealerships that sell ebikes. I found that out last year, Honda stealership sells Bulls ebikes, saved me big time. Mountain Equipment COOP in store is an option too, since they are opening up would have lots of stock. Their online stock comes out of a central warehouse.

I settled for a 24" tube for my 26" tube at CT. Is it better to go too small or too large for inner tube when they dont have your size. I just remember if I were to add air to a loose tube, it got quite a big bigger, thats why I went smaller 24" tube for my 26" setup.

goatman said:
if the 24 is too tight you can spit on it, usually works the other way around :wink: frign Albertans

By the time I am done with it, the tube will be loooooooooose, like them BC hippie women.

I went to the widest tires I could fit on my 700c cx bikes and eventually had all 4 of the tubes blow due to being past their max size. First time around I could not find a tube locally so went to a, I forget, 27", 29", was a while ago but point being it was just slightly bigger on paper. Worked awesome and never flatted on me. Since the tube wasn't getting stretched out too thin the thicker surface really seemed to help and the tubes overall thickness seemed chonk in comparison to begin with. A weight weenie would cringe but I'm really happy with them.

That said if wheel weight isn't a concern because e-bike, and you can find an appropriate diameter, motorcycle tubes are apocalypse proof in comparison.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/toronto-man-says-canada-post-just-delivered-package-he-ordered-8-years-ago-1.4955170

Toronto man says Canada Post just delivered package he ordered 8 years ago

3 months for this damn o3 generator to arrive. Plug it in, works for around 10 min and the controller shits the bed.

Stopped ordering a good while ago, still waiting for shit from months ago to arrive, but I'm done. They can keep their garbage.

Fasttech epacket method took 2+ months during covid, normally takes a week the few times years ago I purchased from them.

Luna took longer as well during covid, they use Fedex and to Canada thats an extra hidden fee of $44cdn from fedex.

I want to get my mid drive going but hate to think how long Taiwan will take for Cyclone parts. I'm done with rear hub drives.

markz said:
Fasttech epacket method took 2+ months during covid, normally takes a week the few times years ago I purchased from them.

Luna took longer as well during covid, they use Fedex and to Canada thats an extra hidden fee of $44cdn from fedex.

I want to get my mid drive going but hate to think how long Taiwan will take for Cyclone parts. I'm done with rear hub drives.

you crashed and broke bones?
done with rear hubs.

whats the crash story?

goatman said:
you crashed and broke bones?
done with rear hubs.

whats the crash story?

An suv was turning left and turned into me, I was riding in a bike lane riding about 25kph and going straight through the light. I broke some bones and they are healing up very good.

I'm moving over to mid drives on the next build for something new.

markz said:
. I'm moving over to mid drives on the next build for something new.

You’ll like ‘em; they’re fun. They’ll keep you busier than hubs, though, keeping them operational.

Back