Chinese switch of death![SOLVED]

Jonathan1981

100 W
Hey, super quick question here, anyone know chinese wire color coding? I bought this switch on ebay and want to connect it to a 12V light, but it has 3 wires, brown, black, blue.... trying to figure out which wires to connect to the two + - wires of the light....
any suggestions are appreciated..

Attachments

• 20190413_180239.jpg
    20190413_180239.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 955
Jonathan1981 said:
Hey, super quick question here, anyone know chinese wire color coding? I bought this switch on ebay and want to connect it to a 12V light, but it has 3 wires, brown, black, blue.... trying to figure out which wires to connect to the two + - wires of the light....
any suggestions are appreciated..

how about a picture of the switch.. does the switch have high / low beam or just on / off?? take the switch apart and see what wires go where..

I had one like this recently. The three wires were for an illuminated on/off switch. On mine, the blue and black switched the positive wire and the brown was ground for the led on the switch. Your best bet is to test with a multi-meter first though.

That really is a stupid question. Sorry. It's impossible to answer

wires could be high/low beam, illuminated button, dc-dc input or output, the chinese don't follow standard wire coloring either

1)ask the seller
2)read the manual/toilet paper you got with the light. It's in chinese? Translate with google translate app.

3) ask here with a complete description of the light, functions, link to item.

yah, but illuminated button, DC-DC converter etc would show continuity, but would not turn the light on. feed too high voltage to illuminated switch --> boom etc.

If it's a simple 12v light with low beam and high beam then he can't go wrong. We still can't tell if this is the case since there is no info.

larsb said:
yah, but illuminated button, DC-DC converter etc would show continuity, but would not turn the light on. feed too high voltage to illuminated switch --> boom etc.

If it's a simple 12v light with low beam and high beam then he can't go wrong. We still can't tell if this is the case since there is no info.

Yea, it is better to test it before wiring it in.

Right I guess more info would help. Sorry. So it's just a simple on/off switch coming from the 12v step down...with a tiny LED in there. Here is an image of the part and a wiring diagram sent from the manufacture...... so I guess the "third" wire is just attached to negative terminal.... but still doesn't till me which color is which lol. Frick'n china. I'll ask the manufacture and report back.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• 2019-04-14.png
    2019-04-14.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 816
pwd said:
I had one like this recently. The three wires were for an illuminated on/off switch. On mine, the blue and black switched the positive wire and the brown was ground for the led on the switch. Your best bet is to test with a multi-meter first though.

So that first diagram would back up your experience with the connection.....
Or am I seeing this wrong?

Still waiting on response from manuf but pretty sure this will be how to do it.... I'll confirm when I know for good and we can close this thread as [SOLVED]

Attachments

• Light_switch.jpg
    Light_switch.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 809
You want to know the Chinesium Wire Color Code?

There is non!
The assembly line sweat shop worker uses whatever wire is at his station, if the assembly materials man has found some cheaper white wire then red wire, they will go with the cheaper white wire. That is how it works.

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*trump voice*

So just to confirm, this is how you connect it...... so the diagrams are correct, along with my colored diagram...

thanks guys, stick a pin in this china-man. SOLVED!

Back