Compact Field Oriented Controller, ASI + Grin, limited run

Reached out to Green Technologies and got this info from Peter, it may be helpful for someone else with this issue:

"This will be a tricky one. I've encountered PRs which would lose their 5V bus when hot, if this is the case with yours there is no remedy aside from improved heatsinking to keep it cooler.

Confirm my suspicion by observing the PR led, if it goes dim, or shuts off entirely, during the outage the speaks to the 5V issue. If the light instead begins flashing a code, make note of the pattern and we will find the corresponding fault code in the manual."

Avner.

I Loose sometimes on my phaserunner V2 the 5V from throttle (and hall sensors?) if I have connected a 3.5mm Data Cable with 4 pin TRRS Jack. If I change ist to the normal 3pin TRS Jack, the problem is solved. Maybe a try for you, if you have connected the USB Programming cable?

Suddenly complete shutdown. I changed battery pack. When I connect,  I saw sparks coming out the phaserunner.

Home I disconnected the phaserunner , the phase connector is melted to the phaserunner.  I can't disconnected. 

Inside the phaserunner I see black, see picture. 

I use now only 60V and 30A , I am building e-bikes for 80V and 70A. 

I am already afraid 😨  what the phaserunner controller shall do.

What can I do? Everything was very good connected?

What to do with the phaserunner? 

I have used these controller only for max 5000km!

The bafang controller worked for 2000km and cost 70 euro. Phaserunner 400euro and works for 4000km. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 20210910_180939.jpg
    20210910_180939.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 728
ask grin tech if warranty covers it. thats not how phaserunners usually work :D they are very robust, but obviously that is an unfortunate exception

Back