Conhismotor triangle battery

jslabonte

10 W
Hello,

I am considering the 12 ah triangle battery from conhismotor:
http://www.conhismotor.com/ProductShow.asp?id=441

It is made from 18650 2,9 ah panasonic cells.
Should I be worried about the quality of the cells or the vendor ?
I know the charger look like crap, but I am mostly worried about the above...

Thanks!

I would ask them exactly what model of cell is in the battery. And pay with PayPal so you have some recourse if they ship you something different.

Theoretically a decent battery, if the cells inside are good ones. Later on, you just know this same battery box will be sold by somebody, with crap cells inside.

I'm not sure though, what the max amps would be for a controller that uses that battery. Bear in mind, max amps and max amps that really will last out on the road are completely different specs.

I would think this should run the typical kit's 20-25 amps controller fine. Not so sure if it can really handle a 40 amps.

They say 1200w no problem, that's what a 48v 22 amps controller will max continuous. So a typical kit should be fine.

They say 30 amps continuous, so it would theoretically handle a 30 amps, such as the 1000w yes kit. However, if you pull max amps with that kit, the faster motor will spike amps above 30 quite a bit leaving stop signs. I wouldn't say buy this size pack for the higher wattage kits.

Edit. Looking some more on the conhis page, it's got a 30 amps fuse. So that might blow if you run a 30 amps controller. 30 amps controller will spike to at least 40 amps on startup.

Like the USB port included. That's damn cool.

Somebody has to guinea pig it, then take it apart and see what's really inside. Wish these folks were more willing to send stuff to respected guys like Ypedal to test. We can't afford to buy and try everything.

No worries about the max amps, as this will go on a BBS02 mid drive kit (25A controller), thank for pointing this out though Dogman.
I'm very tempted by getting the BBS02, and this triangle battery from conhismotor.

I love Cellman reputation and all, but once on the paypal page after I wnet though the "pay" button on Cellman's site, after paypall fees, currency overhead and all, this vendor is almots 400$ cheaper.
I know it's not his fault canadian money is worth 10% less, but nonetheless, I'm a cheap SOB and I think I'm ready to gamble...

Nothing to do with battery packs I've bought motors/controllers from Conhismotor site a few years back. Make sure you're seeing all shipping/handling charges but I had good experience(s).

Order seemed to be handled by an intermediary agent who may or may not be a true Conhismotor employee? My 2nd order I asked for an extra set of spokes and they complied for no charge so somebody was conveying special requests in/out of the supplier.

Good motors, usual Infineon controllers, PayPal accepted, no problems. I'd give 'em a try for that battery if I needed one.

wineboyrider said:
They've also got a 48v 12ah frog battery for less money? Same cells?
I had no idea what a frog kit was untill you pointed it out wineboy...:)
The price is Nice, but the weight location seem less than ideal.
And discharge rate is less also.

In the past, the frog batteries were not that good. I doubt the same cells.

I've just checked out Cellmans stuff and it is a bit more expensive, but you know what you are getting. I may do 2x36 V nominal packs at 300 apiece to give me about 20 ah in parallel. I have used my Thunder 12S charger for my Agnius A123 pack woth excellent results. However I have nothing against a BMS of good quality, like his packs seem to have. Weighing the price differential against Headways now. Soon, Grasshopper.
otherDoc

jslabonte said:
Hello,

I am considering the 12 ah triangle battery from conhismotor:
http://www.conhismotor.com/ProductShow.asp?id=441

It is made from 18650 2,9 ah panasonic cells.
Should I be worried about the quality of the cells or the vendor ?
I know the charger look like crap, but I am mostly worried about the above...

Thanks!

How did that crappy charger work out?

It looks like it would make a good back up charger you could throw in your backpack or leave at work.

I ended up emailing Jason at Conhismotor, and just got the same charger. I wish it came with a North American power plug.

I actually like this charger more than the aluminum one that came with my battery. It's smaller, completely sealed, & has no fans. I don't think it's much of an issue since it's only a 2A charger.

I use it as a spare I keep in my backpack for charging at work or other places. I use the 3A aluminum fanned one for home. :)

Back