Controller switch

Xray

100 mW
I have a Golden Motor Magic Pie External Controller 1000 watt rear hub motor on a tandem recumbent trike in a 20" cast wheel. If you go to GM Canada's site and check out the motor, there is even a picture of our trike on the page. I got this over the higher end Vector model because I was afraid the internal controller model might overheat pushing the weight of the trike (450-500 pounds when loaded with both riders). We have used it for 2 summers now without any issues and have around 4000 miles on it. I recently installed a Magic Pie Edge 500 watt motor on my daughter's trike. I love the almost silent operation of the Edge motor with the sine wave controller. What would be a good sine wave controller to replace the stock Magic Pie unit? I don't use PAS or even a display. I definitely would like to keep the cruise and reverse features of the current controller. I use 2 batteries, a 52 volt 14 ah from EM3EV and a 48 volt 20 ah from Luna that both have Panasonic cells and are supposed to be good for 30 amp continuous use. We mainly ride around our area in Indiana so mostly flat with occasional hills. Any suggestions?

Back