Converting my Oxelo Town 9 EasyFold Scooter

I bought some low profile M5 screws from openbuildpartstore.com. I'll screw those in from the other side and use M5 nuts with threadlock and see if that works.

So the low profile hex screws and nuts did the trick. The wheel gear is much more securely attached to the wheel now. Everything was working pretty well for about a week. But now the timing belt is really loose. I've already ordered a new timing belt, but I'm wondering what caused the stretching. Maybe the wheel gear was a little unbalanced, maybe the timing belt was just really cheap. Anyone have similar problems with badly stretched timing belts?
I'm also considering giving up on belt drive outrunner entirely and ordering the 8 inch, 58mm dropout, hub motor from uumotor. There's also an even thinner hub motor with a 45mm dropout. Has anyone got the VESC to work with an 8inch/200mm hub motor?

Thanks

Finally got everything working reliably. The loose belt was caused by the motor sliding around on the mount. Red Threadlock fixed that. I also had to use Red Threadlock on the nuts holding the wheel gear to the wheel. I'm running 10S and am able to conquer the one big hill on my way home. Charging batteries is a bit of a pain but I only have to do that once on Wednesday and once on the weekend. Overall, I'm happy with my converted Oxelo Town 9EF. But it was more work than I initially thought it was going to be. But it's light and works great. The only useful things from the kit I bought are the mount, wheel gear and throttle. Everything else had to be replaced. I'll post some pictures soon.

hi,
I have oxelo town 7xl scooter.
is conversion kit to electric for this model.
i want something like belt system -light and simple.
Speed is not important but at least 15km/h.

i found some kits but they dont include battery controller and charger.
if i buy them i should spend 300$ - i better buy new electric scooter :).

Is there any complete and relatively cheap kit.

Thank you

The conversation kit I used only lasted a few months. The metal bracket broke after that. And before that I was having problems with the belt slipping/shredding. At this point, buying a dedicated electric scooter is probably a better idea since they’re cheaper now than they were 2 years ago.

takyka said:
Hello,
I've electrified an Oxelo 7xl kick scooter.(one with 200mm wheels and dual suspension) I use nmt5060 270kv motor on 6s. Belt drive with 13 to 100 ratio. This scooter is not up to the power this setup can provide. Max speed fresh fromm charger is 29km/h, to climb 13% grade is easy @ ~23km/h as long as battery having juice. Acceleration is superb.
At fullspeed it's not stable, needs both hands on the bar! Such high kv motor with 1:5 gearing is questionable for me based on my experience...

T.
oxelo1.jpg oxelo2.jpg

*Added pictures

hello , do you have the dxf or stl of this part please ?

Attachments

• 23-12-2018 08-38-53.jpg
    23-12-2018 08-38-53.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 671
Back