CROMOTOR/CONTROLLER--QUESTION.

soldham

10 W
WHAT IS THE BEST CONTROLLER TO RUN MY CROMOTTOR. I WANT TO RUN MY CROMOTOR AT 30S4P AND I HAVE A CA-V3. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A CONTROLLER THAT WOULD BE PLUG AND GO AND BUT I REALY NEED ATLEAST A PLUG FOR THE CA-V3. I ALSO HAVE A 3-SPEED SWITCH THAT I NEED TO WIRE IN, BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME IS THAT I WANT ONE THAT CAN HANDLE THE POWER AND BE DEPENDABLE. IF YOU GUYS CAN HELP ME WITH YOUR SUGESTIONS.

30s4p of which cells?
what frame and what rims/tires?

A direct plug for the CA and 3-speed switch only Infineon / Xie Chang controller have. Lyen is one who sell them but there are other members here who offer some modded Xie Chang controllers.

I hope you know what you are doing because 30s is nothing to play with!

I AM VERY AWEAR WHAT I AM DOING. I HAD ONE OF ZOMBIESS 24 FET HIGH POWER CONTROLLERS SET AT TO RUN AT 125VOLTS AND FOR SOME REASON TWO DIFFRENT CONTROLLERS HAD THE PHASES POP THE FET S THE FIRST ONE WAS MY FAULT THE DISC BRAKE CUT INTO THE PHASE WIRES I FIXED THAT AND HE SENT ME A NEW ONE WHICH LASTED ABOUT A WEEK AND HALF OR SO. I WAS RIDING ON FLAT ROAD AT ABOUT 30MILES AN HOUR FOR ABOUT 2-MILES AND POP SAME THING HAPENED THIS TIME I PULLED THE WHEEL AND THE WIREING IS FINE. SO I SENTIT BACK AND HE REFUNDED MY MONEY ON BOTH CONTROLLERS .(ZOMBIESS IS THE BEST). AND AS FAR AS MY BIKE GOES I HAVE A GARYFISHER FULL SUSPENION BIKE THAT I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THAT IS MORE THAN CAPABLE OF HANDLEING THE SPEED THAT IM RUNNING.

I find it difficult to read the text with CAPS LOCK on.

Anyway, having blown my number of controllers with multiple motors, I am not sure you are knowing what you are doing. I have bought one of Zombiess' controllers, and I have blown one of Methods' controllers, and I have a score of Lyen's controllers here. If you managed to blow 2 of zombiess' controllers with a Cromotor, then you may be doing something wrong. Better get that sorted out first, before you blow another controller.

Having the disc brake cutting into the phase wires is a typical beginner's mistake. I know, because I have done so myself. There is no good way of "fixing" this other than opening the motor and replacing the phase wires. Did you do that? Can you show us a pic like this (and yes, this is my cromotor)?
2012-07-22%2011h32m46%203888%20x%202592.jpg

If not, it is likely that there is still a part hidden that at high phase amps creates a short. Which is a very good reason for FETs popping. Show us some pics of the wiring? Did you consider replacing the popped FETs?

If you run 30S at 125V, I assume you are using Lipo. At 30S4P, we are talking about a 20kg lipo pack. Again, I know, because I ran 30S2P Lipo, and now run 20S3p, both of which is a 10kg pack. I am curious how you have packed that all onto your Gary Fisher bike. Can you post some pics?

In answer to your question: Zombiess' controllers or Methods' controllers, then 24/36FET Lyen monsters. Others are using Kelly's.

30s sounds like alot of battery but if you decide to run a 24s lipo battery,you can contact bruno for an alien power system controller about 100volts 450amps if your motor can handle it or reduce the current using a cycle anaylst,i have one and it works great for me ,you can choose between a sensored and sensorless version

Back