• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Cycle Analyst v2 problem

Can any one help I am having problems with my Direct Plug-in Model (CA-DP) Cycle Analyst It lights up but dose not give any info (blank screen) when the battery is connected. I thought it might be the 6 pin connector so cut spliced soldered and wrapped the wires no joy, without the battery connected the CA works as normal after around 15mph peddel power the controller is a 36-72v 35a Crystalyte. If I put a 36v supply the same problem, but as the power is disconnected the numbers come on for a second reading 60+volts it seems to be seeing to higher voltage.

I don't know if this applies to your situation or not, but just in case, I pulled this off the CA website:

11.Troubleshooting
I connected my CA to an [84V, 96V etc..] battery pack and the display screen seems to be fading in and out or operating erratically. What's up?
Unfortunately, the inrush current at these high voltages the moment that the Cycle Analyst was powered on could sometimes damage a resistor (R9) on the LCD circuitboard that is in series with the backlighting LED. The nominal 270 ohm resistor then ends up becoming in the 10's of kOhm. If this has happened, simply soldering a 1/4 watt replacement resistor that is between 300-600 ohms across the pads of R9 will solve the problem and restore full functionality up to the rated 100V. This unfortunately affected a number of units in late 2008 / early 2009 when the LCD manufacturer changed brands of resistor.

If you are running at 72V or higher and have this issue where the display fades or goes blank, please send us an email and we will sort the situation for you.

Thank you DervAtl for the info, went down to the local electronic shop picked up a resister got the soldering ion out

Up and running.

Yep, i had the same problem, voicecoils gave me the same advice on fixing it.

hi!
my materials: 48v lifepo4 20ah battery, 1000w motor brushless, infineon 20a controller (ebay, may 2010 comcycleusa), CA version with two buttons (ebay, june 2010 comcycleusa)
my problem: my CA lights on but nothing is written.

without the CA, everything is OK.

when CA is connected, the bike doesn't ride.

the wires are as i can see on internet (CA and controller)
when the CA lights on, the r9 resistor starts to warm too much (i've changed the first, burned; the new one is 470ohm 1/4w, still the same problem),(and so i just put on a few seconds not to burn the other resistor)

any ideas?
thx

The answer seems to be there: http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=278749#p278749
good luck!

Back