• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Cyclindrical battery holders: Does this exist comercially?

inkeeper77

100 mW
I recently built some battery packs for my in progress yuba mundo, to house cylindrical batteries (A123 26650) I was wondering if any similar solution existed commercially. I can only seem to find single or double batter clips and holders, no large packs, none designed for high current, and certainly none with balance wires. I would like to find a batter solution if one exists. If it doesn't, a little part of me is interested in significantly improving my design, designing for corrosion resistance, as well as adding useful features, but a premade solution would be easier, and likely cheaper..

My packs, lets call them "prototype 1"
From my build log (which I hope to update shortly)

Copper strip: Mcmaster Carr Part # 8964K721 (I used most of 3 strips)
Clips: Mouser Electronics Part # 534-209
dsc1302l.jpg

dsc1313ad.jpg

Well, apparently there isn't terribly much information on this. Thank you for the replies!

I have been thinking about creating such a product, and perhaps even adapting it to be made on a large enough scale to sell online. I started a poll asking about interest. If you think the idea has any potential at all, please vote!

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38152

Back