Cyclone 48V conversion to 24V problem

toft

10 W
Hy, Folks:).
I have cyclone 1200w kit with original 48V 35A controller. Want to ride on 24V inspite of to much rpms on 48V. I read some posts were people said: cut green wire (brake wire) between controller and throttle (ORO oryginal cyclone on 48V). So I open controller and cut this. No result. After turn on power (plug battery) and choose position one on the throttle only what i have is red flashing diode (as I thing its mean to low voltage still). I plug battery with 22.7V but it should be enough in normal conditions. So please, any suggestions to this problem?
Regards, Mike.

I see there is Only ONe way for the most simplest and fastest is to change that controller, to a 24v. im not sure what controller for 24v for cyclone ?
if i have to convert to 24v, i might and very likely to buy a huatong controller 24v ? or green time 24v, or 36v . My understanding the ORO throttle is similar to other types of throttle. those huatong controller , or the green time controller, that have More interesting function LOL... like 3 speed mode. Did the cyclone controller has 3 speed Mode ? has the cyclone Orginal controller got a Power cut off ? that is a good reason to change "other controllers."

I don't like that ORO throttles, so i gave my friends as a gifts. I only need the wires. i felt conhismotor throttle and my ebike boss friend who sold me 3 throttle each USD6 only, are so much better then the ORO throttle. i have also bought a ebay thumb throttle USD25.00 is okay. The best throttle i think is best is from currie, that is nice for my thumb. The Only think i can think of is the 3 speed mode,so the power in 50% slower. What i think Oro throttle is indeed very funny, the only throttle can make me confuse with the Blinking led.. some times it has other meaning

regards ken

hi Kentlim & toft----If Toft's 1200 w were the same as my cyclone (24-48v ---=650w-1200w)which i have on 36v now I would not go down to 24v which taiwan cyclone says is 650w ---Its not 650w at all more like 480w or less(I have 3 -500w)we have proved this going up our hill many time before i then put the bike on 36v ,48v was too much & of course battery weight (had 2 together)
I say I have 3 500w realy I have 2 & with another 2 motors with ruined controller & still looking for external ones Kentlim & reading your threads that inform me greatly.

Back