Daly BMS Not Allowing charging or discharging

ankanphukan

10 mW
Hello Everyone!!

Greetings of the day.

Currently, in on of my 72V battery pack, I have been using 20S &2V 60A Li-ion Daly BMS. Recently, I am facing a problem in my battery pack. I was trying to replace the casing of my battery pack; in doing so, I thought of measuring the battery pack voltage, but surprisingly, it was showing 0V. I then cross checked it with the BMS mobile application and there it was showing 75V or so. I even tried to connect the battery with the charger and its not even charging. What might be the issue with the battery or BMS?

Could you kindly take out some time to help me out with this? I believe, the DALY BMS has some sort of protection circuit related to short circuit protection, over voltage and under voltage protection, etc. I could really not identify the issue with it.

Please Help me.

Hopefully you will reply to this thread, since generally you don't do so, making it pretty hard for us to help you.

Currently, in on of my 72V battery pack, I have been using 20S &2V 60A Li-ion Daly BMS. Recently, I am facing a problem in my battery pack. I was trying to replace the casing of my battery pack;
Did the problem only happen after replacing the casing? Did it work before this?

If so, then the likely problem is something to do with the new casing, such as it's connectors, wiring, fuses, breakers, etc.

in doing so, I thought of measuring the battery pack voltage, but surprisingly, it was showing 0V. I then cross checked it with the BMS mobile application and there it was showing 75V or so. I even tried to connect the battery with the charger and its not even charging. What might be the issue with the battery or BMS?

What are all of the individual cell group voltages, starting at the most negative? You should have 20 of them for a 20s pack.

If they are all exactly the same and within whatever you have set for the BMS protection limits, the BMS should enable the output and input (discharge and charge ports).

If they are different enough from each other, the BMS will disable these to prevent cell damage because there is a problem with the cells that must be repaired.

I believe, the DALY BMS has some sort of protection circuit related to short circuit protection, over voltage and under voltage protection, etc.
That is pretty much the definition of a BMS--that is what they are there for--to protect your cells from those conditions by turning off the charge and discharge ports so the cells don't get damaged and cause a fire.

Thank you @amberwolf .

I found out the issue. Actually, the nickel strip in the battery pack got shorted. I replaced the nickel strip and now it is working fine. Thank you for all your support.

Which strip, and what did it short to?

I ask because shorts usually cause other problems, many of them quite serious. For instance: If it was a strip on the postive terminal of cylindrical cells that shorted to the cell casings, then it will have shorted out those cells and probably drained them below safe recharge levels, so the cells would also have to be replaced to keep the pack safe for use.

Back