Damage bafang hub motor

Sinuuar

1 µW
Hi, I got some ebike parts fairly cheap and got a bafang hub motor in the deal. Motor wires cut no big deal but 2 of the spokes holes are damaged. Spent last night looking on multiply web pages for disassemble and a parts list. Didn't find much.

It's very clean and doesn't look it was used much. There wasnt even any oil/grease on sprockets.

Did I buy a anchor or are parts available? Sort of got idea using it on a kick bike with 20" wheels. Nothing too crazy. I have mobility issues and just want something light weight and stealthly so I can hide it in the bush while I'm fishing along the river.20230702_070243.jpg20230702_070319.jpg20230702_070348.jpg20230702_070401.jpg20230702_070425.jpg

Parts (main hub shell) are probably available from Bafang, but shipping costs plus parts cost probably costs as much as getting a new one from a more local source.

There is this thread selling similar motors for front instead of rear:
You might be lucky and the main casing between them could fit your core. Or if your project doesn't need the chain drive sprockets you could just use them as-is.

If the wheel won't see much loading, you could lace at least that side with alternate spoke patterns that don't require those particular spoke holes.

If you add a new hole and a longer spoke, make it a thinner spoke so it doesn't break out the flange again.

I'd call it an anchor unless you can find another casing.

The aluminum already failed for some reason and is now even weaker than before.. that's bad news.

Back