Dave's 80:1 RC mid drive kit build log

Hello, can anyone tell me a thread where electric bike kits are being built? Can anyone help build one?

Hello, can anyone tell me a thread where electric bike kits are being built? Can anyone help build one?
What specifically do you want your bike to do, under what specific riding conditions? More detail is better, so we can use that info to calculate the power/etc required to do the job you need it to. Then we need to know what specific bike you want to put it on, and your budget, etc. Again, more detail is better. Then we can try to recommend a specific kit for you, if one exists.

Otherwise, I can only recommend looking thru the forums for something you think might work for you, as there are many "electric bike kits" people have used for many different types of riding conditions and bikes, etc.

Hello, thank you for answering, I currently use a CYC but they break due to their poor quality, I have already broken 3, what I want is a central motor to climb mountains that can give a minimum of 1500w and that has some type of reducer, in the There are hardly any engines on the market, and as for the bike, it is an enduro but I don't have it yet. Thank you

But what are you saying if I am with a cyc x1 pro gen and I have it at 3000w
And you just said you have broken three of them.

That's the point.

Did anyone ever modify Daves Gen2 waterjacket design with steel gears to the proper profile? I have access to a CNC mill and lathe now. Was thinking of stripping down the tangent and reworking the profile. I notice notching on the outer housing. Gears themselves seem plenty hard.

Back