Denzel 72v 4-spd Gearbox Build 125cc Dual Sport

larsb said:
Is it only me that can’t see linked youtube videos anymore here on ES?
I guess something was supposed to show up here :|
Maybe. I can see the link and YouTube preview. On Tapatalk Pro for Android.

cheers
Tyler

tylerwatts said:
larsb said:
Is it only me that can’t see linked youtube videos anymore here on ES?
I guess something was supposed to show up here :|
7FD5F1E2-5116-4C17-A76E-B3EEAA2EF893.jpeg
Maybe. I can see the link and YouTube preview. On Tapatalk Pro for Android.

cheers
Tyler

funny you say that because sometimes they show just a blank spot on my iphone with safari browser, then I check them on my PC and everything is fine..

edit I just checked again blank spot on my phone shows fine on my PC...

You're not the only one, haven't been able to see embedded videos on ES since like 2 years on Chrome

eee291 said:
You're not the only one, haven't been able to see embedded videos on ES since like 2 years on Chrome

I went back to the last few videos I posted and added URL links, at the very least we can click those now!

Ok so I may need to nickname this bike "THE TANK" after the last weekend of two people crashing the bike...It seems to be working just fine still nothing major that I see as of yet

But I decided to put the rear rack back on the bike now that the rear fender was broken off, and the front end carnage just adds character to the beast! Few pics of the progress

I broke rear fender
IMG_7291.jpg
Headlight carnage from Vinnys crash
IMG_7292.jpg
small rip in seat, slightly bent shifter and radiator fin
IMG_7293.jpg
Rear rack makes the bike look cool but it is a bit harder to throw your leg over the bike, would hurt yourself if your not careful
IMG_7295.jpg
Handlebars slightly bent on left side
IMG_7296.jpg
IMG_7297.jpg

The best part is my dog Milo the good boy running thru the frame

Last edited:
I got a brand new Gopro a few months and and was excited to try it out on this night time ride with a few quads from the neighborhood in the snowy weather...But the Gopro only recorded 2 minutes of footage and shut itself down after saying it was on 22% life...Doh

So here are some pics of the junk BTR Ebay battery you should never buy! And never keep in your house!

Also I would like to note that I paid a little bit extra to get the 35ah version over the 30ah since this dirt bike was heavy and I wanted good range, but if you look at the pictures of the cells you can see they are clearly labeled 30ah cells!!!

Here is the picture process of me removing the bad cell and trying to put it back into a usable 19s battery pack...can you get a 19s BMS? Not sure
Were you able to resurrect the battery and were you able to get any compensation from BtrPower?

Were you able to resurrect the battery and were you able to get any compensation from BtrPower?
No i took out two puffed cells with plans to make a 18s pack, and now a few more are puffed...used the BMS for a new 18650 battery i built. BTR has no warranty that i know of...

alot of people have had success with these BTR batteries but just be warned and do not buy the ones on clearance or marked down

No i took out two puffed cells with plans to make a 18s pack, and now a few more are puffed...used the BMS for a new 18650 battery i built. BTR has no warranty that i know of...

alot of people have had success with these BTR batteries but just be warned and do not buy the ones on clearance or marked down
From your pics of the disassembled battery, the cells are just laying next to each other, with no compression framing to restrict the cells from swelling. From what I read, that is not proper construction technique for LiFePo4 cells. Are the cells just taped/ shrink wrapped together to make the battery?

From your pics of the disassembled battery, the cells are just laying next to each other, with no compression framing to restrict the cells from swelling. From what I read, that is not proper construction technique for LiFePo4 cells.
For any non-cylindrical cell, compression may be required (check the specs from the cell manufacturer for how much and where).

It's probably a good idea regardless.

For any non-cylindrical cell, compression may be required (check the specs from the cell manufacturer for how much and where).

It's probably a good idea regardless.
Yes the rest of the pack was certainly ruined from me leaving it on the shelf uncompressed. I know i should have compressed them but had a ton of other projects that took priority and i let it sit a long while

These packs have no real compression from BTR anyway they are just taped and shrink wrapped which does keep them compressed but not in a uniform manner

Back