"Destination Discovery" Extended Range MXUS 3000W Build

Icecube, you mentioned you were satisfied with the performance of the multistars at about 2C, what suffers with their performance at higher discharge say 5-10c? Did you measure their capacity?
I have some 10ah multistar packs and they will need to supply at least 4c.

Nice build btw

Capacity starts to suffer slightly but mainly voltage sag. With Hobby King batteries you must derate the batteries. Their stated rating which is labeled on the pack which is a peak rating is not to be used in a continuous fashion. The continuous rating of the cells is usually 1/4 of the stated rating. Which is 2-2.5 C in case of the 10AH multistars. The 16AH multistars can put out more power upwards of 4-5C because their pack construction consists of 2 packs in parallel.If you double the 10AH packs in parallel you will see a similar benefit.

icecube57 said:
Capacity starts to suffer slightly but mainly voltage sag. With Hobby King batteries you must derate the batteries. Their stated rating which is labeled on the pack which is a peak rating is not to be used in a continuous fashion. The continuous rating of the cells is usually 1/4 of the stated rating. Which is 2-2.5 C in case of the 10AH multistars. The 16AH multistars can put out more power upwards of 4-5C because their pack construction consists of 2 packs in parallel.If you double the 10AH packs in parallel you will see a similar benefit.

Did you actually measure the capacity at higher discharge (or at 2-2.5C) I'd love to see some numbers. Voltage sag is probably less of an issue for my setup since even if it sags to like 3.5v it'll still be plenty of power. I have found the same thing with HobbyKing batteries, apart from with turnigy 2200mah 20C, strangely.
Thanks for the reply.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=61672 just look here. All you need to know about 10C multistar.

Back