E bike motor controller limiting amps

Hi guys, I'm so close to finishing my e bike build so I was super bummed when I tried to ride it today and it felt gutless. My motor controller is a cheap standard 60 volt 40 amp 12 fet motor controller that I shunt modded for 55 amps. I did the shunt mod two weeks ago and have put probably around 70 miles on it since then and it's been working fine. Today out of the blue the output just decided to drop significantly. I did try to diagnose the issue myself but as I have no engineering background or much experience at all I couldn't figure it out. My controller connects to my phone via bluetooth and gives me data. I found the motor controller thought it was outputting 40 amps when in reality according to the cycle analyst on my bike, it's outputting only 10 amps max, instead of the normal 55. So for whatever reason, the controller thinks it's giving more power than it really is. I opened up the controller and everything looked normal. The modded shunts looked normal as well, which I thought would be the problem. I really am lost, any advice?

Back