• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

E.M.X

hehehehe,

that poor bmx :)
are you going to run that x5 in it??????
borrow gary's 80a controller!!!
dual x5's!!!!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

cheers

D

dual x5s my friend would be scarey --- do it! :)

might wanna try it on a drag strip first :p

BiGH said:
dual x5s my friend would be scarey --- do it! :)

might wanna try it on a drag strip first :p

and a trailer for the battery pack... :lol:

Doc

With the BMX frame, you pretty much end up with a back-pack battery.. sucks .. but also convenient..

Consider that the bike is not suitable for long-range traveling, it's mostly for testing and joy-riding.. so having the pack on your shoulders is an option for now.

This GT bmx will not hold up a rear rack, for very long.. not strong enough, a full sized better quality rig would be better.. that will be the EMX-2 :wink:

Hi m8

What about a topeak like mine on my pic opposite, that holds 20lbs! enough for 72V of lipo and it doesnt bother the handling, I used to ride with them on my back then thought better of it.

Love the electric BMX!! such a laugh to ride, all ebikers must make one! great for a second bike for running errands and if you are clever you can just install the motor and controller ans swap over your battery pack.

Cheers

Knoxie

knoxie said:
Hi m8

What about a topeak like mine on my pic opposite, that holds 20lbs! enough for 72V of lipo and it doesnt bother the handling, I used to ride with them on my back then thought better of it.

Cheers

Knoxie

If you were to add a couple of bars from the back of that rack to the back axle, you could probably double the load, and double the life span of the rack. It could even be pretty light weight bars, 1/4 piano wire would be fine. 1/2 hollow tube would be even better, but something even smaller would work

The idea is to brace the back rack so the stress from road vibration has somewhere else to go besides through the seat clamp

My god that looks deadly :)

I've had fun with an electrified folder, here is a pic about 6 months old:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39342780@N00/971895945/

Great bike until I added front suspension. The fork length altered the geometry and it never felt right. Unfortunately I had to hacksaw a part of the bike's stem to fit the fork stem. Sorry will post pic if requested, but not on flickr site at the moment.

The fork is from a 'kids moutain bike' but is steel and seems quite strong - might be a good option for your emx - just do the measurements before hand (unlike me).

Ypedal said:
[/url]

Back