I just bought this e-bike with the following features:

Brushless DC Motor Controller:
Model V8S-500

LCD-V8F-052-M5

Motor: GT-V820482506094
Obs. The seller informs that it's a 750w motor

Battery: 48V 15AH

Follow some photos attached.

It has a speed limit of 25km, but I believe that with that configuration, it has the power to go over 45-50km, without forcing it, right?
I believe this speed limit was set to follow government rules. So I'd like to remove it.

I've tried to config it on the display. I'm able to go to the advanced settings, but I can't change the P08 setting. It gets locked on 25km.
Is there a way to unlock it somehow? Or only option is buying other compatible controller that doesn't have this limitation?

I believe the LCD is only a display, right? So everything is actually configured at the controller level.

Thanks in advance! :D

Attachments

• Battery.jpeg
    Battery.jpeg
    290.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Config Table.jpeg
    Config Table.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 8
  • Controller 1.jpeg
    Controller 1.jpeg
    212.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Controller 2.jpeg
    Controller 2.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 12
  • LCD 2.jpeg
    LCD 2.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 11
  • LCD.jpeg
    LCD.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Manual Cover .jpeg
    Manual Cover .jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Motor.jpeg
    Motor.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 8
Since different displays and controllers are not generally intercompatible, you'll probably have to replace both at the same time with a "kit" that includes both.

Pick one that has all the features you want but has the same current limit and voltage so it will work with your existing battery. If possible pick one with the same connectors and wiring pattern as yours, so you can just swap them, but most systems use whatever wiring the builders felt like, so it's fairly likely you'll have to cut and splice wires to do this. I recommend finding a system that has complete wiring info (for every pin in every connector) that you can understand, to make it easier to install once you figure out the wiring your old system had.

If you use one with higher current limit you'd probably need a new battery that can also supply that current (most batteries that come with systems only supply just enough to let that system do what it's advertised / rated for). Since higher speed will take more power, you may have to replace the battery anyway, either because sustained current from it might be higher than it can handle, or because the higher power usage decreases the available range.

Keep in mind that if your locality requires the limitation to be in place, you might not get to keep the bike depending on your local LEO, etc.

It has a speed limit of 25km, but I believe that with that configuration, it has the power to go over 45-50km, without forcing it, right?

No. But it will go faster than 25 km/h. I guess you can get about 42 km/h if the motor RPM per volt doesn't limit your available power at top speed.

If the bike was well designed for its built in speed limit, then it will deliver less and less power as the speed rises above 25 km/h. That would limit the top speed to something less than 42 km/h.

Back