E-S Phasor Electric Bike Owners

dimpirate said:
Accountant sells it for way way way cheaper just to bad it's not compatible..
he said he could special order something that would work ! (the monkey)

That's a lot.... Is that with 120 mm bottom bracket adaptability?
If we got a few people who want to buy them to, we could do a group buy hopefully drop price significantly...

Rodney64 said:
Korpin, how's your bike going. re you starting to understand the battery a bit better now.

well kinda is it normal for a lipo to lose 6 volts just sitting a few days?....and is it normal for it to take one hour to charge fully (all green lights) even though it was not used?....

took it up to top of desoto ave that is in the northern part of the San Fernando Valley suffice it to say I was high enough to see Catalina Island and snow on Mt Wilson..made it to top but motor cut out once on way to top,started 10 minutes later..is that a heat sensor or controller getting hot?....motor was warm but not hot could smell something not sure if it was the resin on windings or Boeshield spray....

not sure if brakes are up to the task kinda rainbowed the disc on way down

Attachments

• phasor-brakes.jpg
    phasor-brakes.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,473
dimpirate said:
That's a lot.... Is that with 120 mm bottom bracket adaptability?
If we got a few people who want to buy them to, we could do a group buy hopefully drop price significantly...
well i told him it was 120 mm he looked at phasor website and said he could get something that would work on that frame

korpin said:
Rodney64 said:
Korpin, how's your bike going. re you starting to understand the battery a bit better now.

Unless you are riding your brake all the way down to the bottom of a long mountain, I think your brakes might be rubbing. To get that kind of coloration, that means it got hot enough to start glowing red and you would have probably noticed it in low light. Does your wheel spin freely? Can you hear any grinding sounds coming from the caliper when the bike is in motion? Investigate that and see whats going on.

Rick

korpin said:
Rodney64 said:

well kinda is it normal for a lipo to lose 6 volts just sitting a few days?....and is it normal for it to take one hour to charge fully (all green lights) even though it was not used?....

took it up to top of desoto ave that is in the northern part of the San Fernando Valley suffice it to say I was high enough to see Catalina Island and snow on Mt Wilson..made it to top but motor cut out once on way to top,started 10 minutes later..is that a heat sensor or controller getting hot?....motor was warm but not hot could smell something not sure if it was the resin on windings or Boeshield spray....

Korpin do you have a key switch or a isolation switch. I have a 100 amp isolation switch. It the red one on my bike it cuts the to the controller. If you have power going though your controller after a couple of weeks it could fully drain your battery. This was one of the reasons why I decided not to go with the key option. Ask HPC if the controller still has lower when the keys turned off. Maybe it does cut power to the controller.

Rix said:
korpin said:
Rodney64 said:

Unless you are riding your brake all the way down to the bottom of a long mountain, I think your brakes might be rubbing. To get that kind of coloration, that means it got hot enough to start glowing red and you would have probably noticed it in low light. Does your wheel spin freely? Can you hear any grinding sounds coming from the caliper when the bike is in motion? Investigate that and see whats going on.

Rick
well its kinda a steep hill tried pumping brakes so I was not on them full time but they were in constant use...are those brakes in photo good or just so-so brakes?

korpin said:
.are those brakes in photo good or just so-so brakes?
So-so
Have a read on bikeradar:
  • Power ratings (in ascending order of power)

Brake model Power (Nm) Weight (g)
    Ashima PCB 64 328
    Tektro Auriga Pro 77 491
    TRP Dash 85 407
    TRP Dash Carbon 85 393
    Gusset Chute 89 469
    Hayes Prime Pro 90 501
    Avid XX WC 90 356
    Magura MT8 90 339
    Quad QHD-7.1 Nano Light 92 422
    Quad Rapide 97 475
    Hope Tech Evo X2 97 463
    Quad QHD-7 Nano 97 463
    Avid Elixir 9 99 397
    Avid Elixir 7 99 395
    Avid Elixir 1 100 471
    Avid Elixir 3 100 442
    Avid Code R 103 429
    Magura MT2 103 428
    Magura MT6 103 337
    Shimano Deore M596 104 490
    Formula R1 Racing 104 334
    Shimano Saint 105 529
    Shimano XT M785 107 466
    Formula RX 107 398
    Formula R1 107 355
    Shimano XTR Race M985 110 388
    Hope X2 Race Evo 110 377
    Shimano SLX M666 111 485
    Shimano XTR Trail M988 112 407
    Hope Race Evo M4 115 496
    Hope Tech Evo V2 120 524
    Formula The One 121 393
    Formula RO 124 418

They're not a high end / performance brake at all but they should be sufficient for the rear end. It doesn't take much to lock up the rear wheel so anything extra isn't really necessary IMO. I'd want something better up front though.
Have you no regen ? It's perfect for long descents and will save your discs and pads alot.

And yeah, that sort of voltage drop is way over what you should be seeing - either something is leeching power from them (controller) or you've got a few crook cells that are self discharging.

I got to take a look at a stealth bomber last week at the local electric bike shop, couldn't ride it cause it belonged to a customer. I did sit on it lifted it up. Helped me make my motor decision for phasor frame. I actually didn't mind the weight. So I'm going to go with a cromotor made my down payment to zombies!
Got a few other things I had ordered on eBay.

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

Feal like I got pretty good prices on the above.
The forks are on ebay for $499 now if anyone is interested.
The fox suspension didn't come with any bolts for instalation. Lots of you are using the same shock do you remember the size so I can order?
Still no decision when it comes to brakes....
Thanks for posting list full throttle. Will do some research.
What are you guys happy or unhappy with?

One speed on cromotor has had me looking into high speed schlumpf and its buddies though the 1:6 ratio isn't quite as appealing.
ES and phasor owner HDkiller is using Patterson drive $230 on eBay he had a fab shop make it work for him. I went to fab shop by by house they said it wouldn't be a problem (though there goes any warranty).
Sent schlumpf an email today to see if they could make compatible with 120mm. Also what kind if prices they can provide for buying 10+ or 20+. If they respond with a decent price ill put up a post in for sale for a group buy I'm sure many on ES would be interested if it didn't cost so much!

Fred

Fred I'd be interested in the schlump drive. Nice risers look the same as mine. Love em.

The Phasor has a longer wheel base than the bomber and feels a lot more like an old trail bike. I don't think you'll have any regrets when the Phasor frame as it has a more Down hill position but with a longer wheel Base though. I've ridden them both.

can anyone tell me what the wheel base is on there phasor? it's an interesting factor to me. wheel base should be pretty much proportional to normal/top speed. i love the feeling of a low and short mtb for manouvering too. also just one other thing with high speed, wheel mass can help with gyroscopic balance? so big heavy hub motor can help balance at high speed....
thanks

pendragon8000 said:
can anyone tell me what the wheel base is on there phasor? it's an interesting factor to me. wheel base should be pretty much proportional to normal/top speed. i love the feeling of a low and short mtb for manouvering too. also just one other thing with high speed, wheel mass can help with gyroscopic balance? so big heavy hub motor can help balance at high speed....
thanks

50 inch from the web site but will depend front suspension.

Centre of balance is low but depends on where the batteries are. With the set up that I have it's steady even with strong cross winds at 8o KPH.

Rodney64 said:
Korpin do you have a key switch or a isolation switch. I have a 100 amp isolation switch. It the red one on my bike it cuts the to the controller. If you have power going though your controller after a couple of weeks it could fully drain your battery. This was one of the reasons why I decided not to go with the key option. Ask HPC if the controller still has lower when the keys turned off. Maybe it does cut power to the controller.

just got red button I know when its on because display is on

Hyena said:
Have you no regen ? It's perfect for long descents and will save your discs and pads alot.

HPC talked me out of regen....said it puts a lot of pressure on drop outs eventually causing axle to rock back and forth and cause rounding out

proof I made it to top of desoto started on SFV floor I could see catalina island and downtown los angeles I was so high!.....never knew until this past Sunday that it was possible to see catalina island from the San Fernando Valley!..had tried this on a regular bike before never made it to top..the panorama view was taken about halfway up you can just make out part of the island....wish i had taken photo at top !.desoto=top.jpg

Attachments

• phasor-hill-climb-catalina.jpg
    phasor-hill-climb-catalina.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 2,496
dimpirate said:
Korpin do you have torque arms on your bike?
no just the standard phasor set up....was thinking about that too!....do you have any experience with regen as far as saving brakes and recovering energy?...heard there could be battry heating issues as well?

Back