E-S Phasor Electric Bike Owners

Hi Guys,

Here are some pics of my New Phasor Build. Comments Welcome.

Greg.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 3,657
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 3,657
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 3,657
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 3,657
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 3,657
  • photo 6.JPG
    photo 6.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 3,657
  • photo 7.JPG
    photo 7.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 3,657
Greg, looks cool. Is that a HCX-D131 BMS in the shot? If so I found some of the advice regarding wiring it up somewhat confusing so PM if you get stuck. Big tip is to ensure the balancing wires are attached in the right order. If you get them out of order expensive smoke can ensue noting the order can change if you vary how you join your cells. Other tip is to use a set of computer parallel port plugs rather than trying to join the balancing wires together as this is much easier and quicker. Good luck.

Hi,

Yes, it is a 26 on the front and 24 on the rear. The motor is a 4065 but labelled as a 4030. Not sure what to for speed running on 24s lipo in 24" rim. As for the HCX-D131 I learned that lesson already on my other bike. Good thing I bought some extra's. Been a bit of a hassle getting a rear brake caliper bracket to work. I have to cut about 10mm off of mine to get it to properly cover the rotor. I don't think I am alone on that one. The side panels are very heavy. I was expecting 100% carbon fiber but they are thick fiberglass with a layer of carbon fiber.. oh well.

Greg

Greg5972 said:
Hi,

Yes, it is a 26 on the front and 24 on the rear. The motor is a 4065 but labelled as a 4030. Not sure what to for speed running on 24s lipo in 24" rim. As for the HCX-D131 I learned that lesson already on my other bike. Good thing I bought some extra's. Been a bit of a hassle getting a rear brake caliper bracket to work. I have to cut about 10mm off of mine to get it to properly cover the rotor. I don't think I am alone on that one. The side panels are very heavy. I was expecting 100% carbon fiber but they are thick fiberglass with a layer of carbon fiber.. oh well.

Greg

Yah the motor labels change from time to time. It depends on if Crystalyte wants to measure the unloaded speed with 36 volts or 72 volts. The 4065 is based on 72 volts input for speed in KPH with a 26MTB tire. The 4030 is technically a 4032 and is based on 36 volts input, same motor. This is why I don't like this form of measurement. They did it right with the 5403, 5404, and 5405, which the beginning number designated the motor category by Clyte, 5 meaning X5, the two middle numbers designating the stator width, 40mm, and the last number designating the number of turns/winds on the stator, like 5404 would be the X5 with a 40mm wide 4 turn stator, or 5403 being X5 w/40mm wide 3 turn stator and so on. The older 53xx same, 5304 was an X5 with a 30mm wide stator 4 turn stator. Near as I can tell, and this is guesstimation, the 4080 has a 4 turn, the 4065 has a 5 turn. And if there is a 40100, it would be a 3 turn. Same with the TC100 (3turn) TC80 (4turn) and TC65 (5turn. These values are based on 72 volts, not 36.

well it looks like budget might keep me from buying the battery until this winter :(

to make myself feel better I went out and took a couple pics of the almost done phasor of mine.

head over to my new thread to see all the pics

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62716

phasor_02.jpg

phasor_06.jpg

wingsuit said:
well it looks like budget might keep me from buying the battery until this winter :(

to make myself feel better I went out and took a couple pics of the almost done phasor of mine.

head over to my new thread to see all the pics

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62716

phasor_02.jpg

phasor_06.jpg

Damn, you Canadians know how to put together a beutiful build. Can't wait to see it finished and running. Super trick with the 2.75-19 SR241 front and rear mounted on Prowheel racing hoops!

thanks guys, I'm really happy with how it turned out. hopefully it'll ride as good as it looks.

Korpin, not quite sure on weight but I'll try and weigh it tonight and let you know. dont have battery yet but can estimate that as all other components are on board now. Its not light, but its not as bad as I thought it might get (granted no battery yet) but it feels pretty good.

After having some fun with the BMC V4 at 84V, I decided to reconfigure the 20s3p battery pack into a more practical 10s6p pack. While not being as fast, I will have more usable range since I won't have to worry about overheating the motor. With the 20s setup the motor would heat up quickly within using only a fraction of the battery pack, before the cycle analyst would kick in and back off the throttle to protect it. It was fast and fun up until then though.
I got some new Maxxix holy roller tires instead of the hookworms, since I plan on using it more for offroad / longer distance rides with this new setup. Until now this bike has seen little dirt.
2014-09-03_18-07-00_905_zps4cnlz3iq.jpg

I added a 3A charger onboard, and wrap the cord up under the seat.
2014-09-02_19-15-53_443_zps1f9f6a63.jpg

2014-09-03_18-08-58_615_zpsnxlzmgn0.jpg

mud plug

2014-09-03_18-19-08_409_zps5qrpsbi4.jpg

This bike is actually purple in person, for some reason it looks completely blue in these pictures. In direct sunlight it comes out more in pictures. The serial port for balancing and the charger port for my 12A home charger still function the same.
2014-09-03_18-09-28_247_zpscyz3yuwu.jpg

2014-09-03_18-12-04_958_zpsctbnnoau.jpg

My simple Battery management system is just the covered toggle switch which breaks the series connection between the two 5s6p subpacks, so all of the jst connectors from each battery can be connected in parallel externally to one small voltage checker / equalizer. When charging at 42V, with the series connection switch closed, I leave two balancers on - one on each bank of 5s6p, to keep an eye on the individual cell voltages.

2014-09-03_18-25-26_932_zps8pnmepdf.jpg

It may not be as fast now, but it is still nice and balanced, as you can see it how it sits on the stand. Lightweight and nimble, and now I can drain the whole pack without keeping an eye on the motor temperature, which gets old.
2014-09-03_18-06-43_355_zpsdco6fmbj.jpg

I put the old 72V50A controller in my beach cruiser and rewired it to 20s1p. I think I will get more use out of both bikes with the new wiring setups.
[youtube]giQ093ue8yE[/youtube]

Damn Dave, you breaking traction for quite a bit there. 10S, yah, should be more than sano, what kind of top speed are you getting? I am figuring between 20 and 25MPH, dependent on the motors winds. Guessing around 20mph with a 12 turn, 23mph with a 10 turn 27mph with a 8 turn 30mph with a 6 turn at 42 volts HOC. Yah, that Phasor looks blue in these pics, but on your old website, it was clearly purple.

jesset33 said:
Come on phasor owners get up and start posting up the latest and greatest updates. :D

I think Dave is working on a new frame design. I say this because the Phasor website is being revamped and there is prompt that basically says stand by for some future neat and cool stuff. I am patiently awaiting what Dave has in store for us.

Rix said:
jesset33 said:
Come on phasor owners get up and start posting up the latest and greatest updates. :D

I think Dave is working on a new frame design. I say this because the Phasor website is being revamped and there is prompt that basically says stand by for some future neat and cool stuff. I am patiently awaiting what Dave has in store for us.
Recumpence posted some time ago that Dave/ Phasor Cycles was designing a frame around recumpence's drives.

Dear Lord, let me not be tempted.... :)

Edit - this was the post http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=62759

Back