E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Thanks for the replies.

I always keep an eye on the AH used as I assume this is the best way of reading what is left. I assume I may not get to the full 20AH then? Am I oversimplifying this? At the moment I have used about 14 of the available 20 on this current charge. I guess I need to let it run out and then log all of the available info on the CA?

I like the look of the seat the Stealth's comes with. How do you guys like it? Also can I ask who makes the seat? Can't quite make out the text in the picture

________4502779_orig.jpg

cheers,

Brian

The Seat is actually pretty good, I cannot remeber the make.

It is quite comfortable although I would like a little more Gel in there. I have got some sore spots after the first 80 miles in 2 weeks but ?I think that could be expected based on how much off road use I have done. I did try a Gel cover for it so that if it got wet I could take it off but I found it too slippery and took it off. I might buy a bigger gel seat if I see one that looks better to try it.

The Blue fighter in the picture looks lovely doesnt it!

I didnt fit the supplied seat on mine, i had a wider comfort seat on my Giant which i moved over to the Bomber so if any body wants one i have one still in the wrapper. My old backside prefers the wider seat!!

Justtoby said:
Thanks for the replies.

I always keep an eye on the AH used as I assume this is the best way of reading what is left. I assume I may not get to the full 20AH then? Am I oversimplifying this? At the moment I have used about 14 of the available 20 on this current charge. I guess I need to let it run out and then log all of the available info on the CA?

Anyone have any comments on this to see if I am barking up the wrong tree or not?

Justtoby said:
Justtoby said:
Thanks for the replies.

Anyone have any comments on this to see if I am barking up the wrong tree or not?

Run the bike until it drops dead and look at the watt hours, thats your fuel gauge as well as battery health.

Now you will know when you run dry.

The other way to know you're running low is to keep an eye on the pack's resting voltage (personally I don't like triggering the LVC on the BMS) Once you get to 68V resting (for a 24s LiFe) there's not much left in those cells.

keep in mind that the total Ah capacity of the pack depends on usage (peak current) and ambient temp.

Thanks guys, that is really useful. I am keen to learn how to look after the packs as I think they are like kids....give them a good start in life and they tend to perform better.

8) 8) niceeeee.
Also loving the 911, some top quality toys there mate :wink:
of course this only means your only promoted to video requests now :mrgreen:

D

That looks stunning and looks at home with the porsche ,seems to be very clean no signs of mud on them fat tyres.Talking of tyres just bought two from ebay only £12.95 each [BANKRUPT 24"X 3.00" MOUNTAIN BIKE FAT WIDE TYRE CHEAP] seem really good I assume thats stealth size. 8)

full-throttle said:
The other way to know you're running low is to keep an eye on the pack's resting voltage (personally I don't like triggering the LVC on the BMS) Once you get to 68V resting (for a 24s LiFe) there's not much left in those cells.

keep in mind that the total Ah capacity of the pack depends on usage (peak current) and ambient temp.

Ok so I kept riding today until it went dead (about 1.5 miles from home off road)

The voltage got to about 71v but obviously the sag triggered the cut out and then resting hit 69v and all was done.

The ah was 17.8 and the watts were at 1310

The CA manual says the watt hours will be roughly equal to volts x ah and if we assume 72v x17.8am then we get 1281 which is pretty close.

My hub is the torque version and I use a lot of torque, I often find myself doing wheelies out of the climbs.

I had covered 28.5 miles off road in mostly sandy trails but some Tarmac.

What do you guys think?

Charged is just under 87v hot.

BTW: the gps tracker is working really well, every few days it sends me a text to say "checking in, voltage xx". I have been tracking the bike on google maps and it is accurate to about 10meters. You can text the bike at any time to find out where it is, change settings or check anything you want.

Hi Justoby, seems about about right at that range for reasonably hard off road riding, you may get a little more from the pack when it has had a few more cycles, one of the lifepo4 packs i have has improved no end over the first 20 or so cycles, what is the resting voltage after it has come off the charger and stabalised? Also i have found that with the charger supplied with the stealth even after the green light has come on they are still charging, mine continues to hold the battery up at 87.6v for about half an hour after the green light comes on, when it does come on the fan stops, when the charging has completely ended the charger starts to buzz, the battery voltage will then start to drop untill it sits at about 81v where it stays untill i to use the bike.
I have charged the pack with it open and found that all of the BMS lights are not on at the point the green light comes on but they are all on when the buzzing starts and the charging stops.

I see your steering stops have been rotated to increase steering lock, i dont like the look of their position though, i imagine it would be better for them to be acting on the edge of the frame at the top or bottom rather than the middle where they may be able to dent it in an off?

Looks nice in Yellow!

Cheers Simon.

Hi Simon (Tench)

Thanks for your input once again :D , I will check the resting voltage but I am pretty sure it is high 81.something V. I notice that the instructions of the bike do say that the charger may flicker on and off after the green light comes on in order to balance the battery. I always leave it a little while just in case. I wonder if the buzzing is that last bit of charge to balance out the battery.

I am really pleased with the range as I know how much mud and sand drain the power from an engined bike, I will be over the moon if it improves over the next 20 cycles.

The steering stops came like that from the factory but I take your point about the possible denting, I will pull off the cover and see how they relate to the frame and maybe lower or raise them to suit.

I am exploring the battery space as I think it may be possible to have some foam laser cut to fill the void and then have a small tool kit cut in to that. I am also going to try fitting a spare inner tube under the key as there is quite a lot of space there.

Glad you like the colour, it certainly gets you seen. I also like the new blue and army green so If I do get a Fighter for the wife then one of those may be the choice. I bet she would like Pink though to match her Hunter Wellies! :roll:

Hey Justtoby, that Bomber of yours looks every bit as good as my Fighter..well, almost..having it lean up against another 85 kombi would just complete the picture for me, demonstrating there is just no accounting for taste. After all, it's the same engine configuration, just with a lot more room in a bus...and a bit less power :)

I've been getting quite a few enquiries for the UK, so feel free to get in touch via my website if you're considering the UK dealer path, happy to confer and send them your way. Looks like the UK numbers are growing, nice to see..

I've also come up with a good low cost maintenance mount, using an old Mag trainer I had around, have put up a blog post about it today at http://store.quietrush.com.au/1/post/2011/09/making-maintenance-easy-whilst-getting-fitter.html for reference in case anyone else has an old wind/mag trainer around.

Hi There,

I am putting the finishing touches on the UK arm, I have been accepted as dealer subject to a change of name of the company website.

Thanks for the offer, we will get in touch if we can get it 100% sorted appreciate it.

Your bike mount looks brilliant, the bomber would need a 22mm nut but thats about it. I like it.

I used to have a "fun bus" with the same engine layout lol, it used to haul my quad and moto crosser about.

I am pleased withnthe colour all thanks to your influence.

Stealth Electric Bikes to Unveil Hurricane at Interbike 2011 Las Vegas

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/9/prweb8778840.htm

Anyone know the differences for the hurricane? I noticed the different rear shock, it looks like a bomber on a fighter frame to me as the access panel is on the other side.

bomber specs (shocks, power, etc) on a fighter size frame would be tits. I might actually be tempted to buy one!

funny how the article refers to 'stealth usa' having opened dealerships in 'australia', as opposed to the other way around... :roll:

I like the new piggy back shock, i need one of those for mine!! The frame looks to me like they have put an access panel on both sides, there would be no point in just moving it from left to right, an alloy panel which is cut out with a carbon fibre panel bonded in could save a bit of weight? Is that another cut out in the top panel in the shape of their logo again with carbon fibre filling it in, a nice touch and more weight saving.
Just spotted some more differences, a large cut out again with an infill panel where the cables come out on the front right of the frame and the top is cut out of the seat mounting section, it is giving me some ideas :idea: mine is a year old now so still has the solid panels on the seat mounting.

Justtoby said:
Anyone know the differences for the hurricane? I noticed the different rear shock, it looks like a bomber on a fighter frame to me as the access panel is on the other side.

They upped the watts to 5000 and the Bomber will also get the newer shock.

More info about the new Stealth Hurricane...

http://dopedbike.com/2011/09/new-stealth-hurricane-coming-to-interbike/

Back