• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

QMS said:
Paul_G said:
QMS said:
Am fitting Hookworms to my Bomber today. Will post some pics tonight! The Crazy Bobs have a little too much tread movement for tarmac use(i think) which should provide a bit more stability , particularly for my metro area demo purposes. 2ply items NOT 1ply!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

You be amazed at the noise difference....Zero tire noise and the bike can be leaned over like a Ducati and it sticks like glue.

Downside is they are soft and can cut EZ and don't hit sand in a turn. I tossed my Crazy Bobs in the trash can and bought 6 as they are no longer made and I love the quiet super ride.

Hi Paul G . Put them on today ! What a mission :twisted: Fitted Panaracer Kevlar felt puncture protectors too. had them on a couple of bikes before,love em. Lots of people like the Crazy Bobs, but i think the tread movement under load feels too dodgy and not that good off road either!!!! Even in the wet the Hook Worms are ok, just dont push toooooo hard!! I bought 3 from Chain reaction(still got some i think) 40 bucks BARGAIN. Silky smooth and faster :mrgreen:

I forgot that....I go 2.5 MPH faster with the Hookworms and well as 0-noise :)

I also got mine from Chain reaction in the UK, shipping was cheap at $25 to ship to the USA DHL 3 day air. All the US tires I found were normal 1-ply.

Got sold 1ply ONCE without knowing, know better now :roll: C R still have free shipping over $80,soooooo good to deal with. have never had an issue , and have spent way too many $$$$$$$$$ there :shock:

QMS said:
Got sold 1ply ONCE without knowing, know better now :roll: C R still have free shipping over $80,soooooo good to deal with. have never had an issue , and have spent way too many $$$$$$$$$ there :shock:
Are the 2 ply Hookworms still available anywhere? I might get a pair and give them a go. My main reason for not trying them so far was my assumption that they would be poor performers in the wet.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
QMS said:
Are the 2 ply Hookworms still available anywhere? I might get a pair and give them a go. My main reason for not trying them so far was my assumption that they would be poor performers in the wet.

Cheers

Hi Cowardlyduck. Had a look last night for fun and CR are out! Found some on ebay but only ship to US some in europe but dont nominate AUS to post to. You could try Emailing both to see if they will post here!!! It is worth a try as it is probly going to be your last chance to get them. I didnt go through ALL the pages on ebay (about 57) so prob check that first. Make sure you get 2ply though as 1ply arnt anywhere as good!!!!

QMS your bomber has no business being that clean :p

I find it amusing that they put downhill on a slick tyre like a hook worm.
They're meant for what ? Downhill footpaths ?! :lol:

I quite like the DMR moto RTs. They're big and balloony and roll pretty smooth like the hookworms but still have a bit of tread for hardpack offroad. So sort of similar to holy rollers.

Hyena said:
QMS your bomber has no business being that clean :p

I find it amusing that they put downhill on a slick tyre like a hook worm.
They're meant for what ? Downhill footpaths ?! :lol:

I quite like the DMR moto RTs. They're big and balloony and roll pretty smooth like the hookworms but still have a bit of tread for hardpack offroad. So sort of similar to holy rollers.

Ha ha ha ha ha. downhill footpaths, thats awsome. Almost lost it the other day flogging around a corner with the Crazy Bobs, would have been nasty! love the compound and lack of movement on the rim with the HW's they stick like glue on tarmac :mrgreen: I try to keep her clean for sales and demo purposes! A trashed bike is not agood sales tool!!!!!!!

QMS said:
A trashed bike is not agood sales tool!!!!!!!
Oh, I'm doing it wrong :lol:

(I reckon an EV grin just might trump a clean bike when trying to close a sale :p )

QMS said:
Hi Cowardlyduck. Had a look last night for fun and CR are out! Found some on ebay but only ship to US some in europe but dont nominate AUS to post to. You could try Emailing both to see if they will post here!!! It is worth a try as it is probly going to be your last chance to get them. I didnt go through ALL the pages on ebay (about 57) so prob check that first. Make sure you get 2ply though as 1ply arnt anywhere as good!!!!
Found some, but they only ship to Europe. That shouldn't be a problem as I have family in Lux, but can I trust this store.

http://www.mtbikers.com/StoreFront/.../;jsessionid=FEEAED399F75A2E73B20E3263E84576D

Does anyone know if these are indeed 2ply?

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
QMS said:
Found some, but they only ship to Europe. That shouldn't be a problem as I have family in Lux, but can I trust this store.

http://www.mtbikers.com/StoreFront/.../;jsessionid=FEEAED399F75A2E73B20E3263E84576D

Does anyone know if these are indeed 2ply?

Cheers

Hi C D If you can see a clear picture of the tyre, under the word DOWNHILL it says "2PLY CASING WITH BUTYL INSERT"!!!!! Can you trust any store? only way is to order! :mrgreen: Had a quick look at site and it states 2ply. Odds are good!

QMS said:
Hi guys, here is a few shots of the new HOOK WORMS. BEWARE they are HELL to get on the rims :roll:
I had waaaaaayyy more trouble getting my duro razorbacks off than on, those hookworms must be a bastard.

Seeing as there is no meet up tomorrow we are going to another local bmx track instead. Hopefully have a few videos on here tomorrow evening

dave.a said:
Seeing as there is no meet up tomorrow we are going to another local bmx track instead. Hopefully have a few videos on here tomorrow evening
Hi dave how did ya get on with 3.3kw problem any luck

No luck yet, motor test fine, so its either controller or ca. Hope to have some time next week. Would help if we had spares stockist in the uk though!

kiqnkf said:
QMS said:
Hi guys, here is a few shots of the new HOOK WORMS. BEWARE they are HELL to get on the rims :roll:
I had waaaaaayyy more trouble getting my duro razorbacks off than on, those hookworms must be a bastard.

Hi kiqnkf Took a good 40 mins per rim !!! My hands were stuffed, even with gloves on. I did not want damage the rims ,crush the Kevlar felt or risk a pinch flat so took my time. I have fitted them to about 4 different types of rims before and they have allways been a pain, but the Stealth rims were definatly the hardest yet! I left them in the sun for a wile, i think that helped a little :mrgreen:

test drove a stealth fighter in malibu today.....the owner was on a 500 watt beach cruiser and I was on a fighter restricted to about 750 watts....funny thing is he was beating me up a hill????...I realize there may be some slight friction on brakes when new but the owner of bike shop is a foot taller than me and weighs probably a few pounds more so 50% extra wattage I should be at least equal something strange going on.....his bike was a Pedigree I think but not sure its probably 10 pounds lighter than fighter but his weight cancels that...

That doesn't surprise me. You can only compare the the two if they have the same winding and the same voltage. The Fighter has a motor wind for 35mph at around 50V. This means it needs more power to accelerate then a bike like a beach cruiser which would have a motor wind for 20mph.

QMS said:
kiqnkf said:
QMS said:

Hi kiqnkf Took a good 40 mins per rim !!! My hands were stuffed, even with gloves on. I did not want damage the rims ,crush the Kevlar felt or risk a pinch flat so took my time. I have fitted them to about 4 different types of rims before and they have allways been a pain, but the Stealth rims were definatly the hardest yet! I left them in the sun for a wile, i think that helped a little :mrgreen:

Same about the hands... I only did the rear!!!

A little bit of (almost) pressure, and the tube stays out of the way of the pinch of the tyre lever, I found it easiest to use 2 levers. You would hate to get it wrong, I dread having to do it again, not so much for the "doing it again" thing, but mainly for that fact that if I pinch it, then I would have to DO IT AGAIN!! :D :D

Rub a bit of talcum powder on the tube, and in the tyre, and it seems to help the tube slip away from the tyre lever, and adds the bonus of still being there for when you have a flat "on the go".

Hey kiqnkf. I was using silicone spray. I think cos they have a steel bead unlike foldable tyres they dont stretch! "Flat on the go" MY WORST NIGHTMARE :shock: And do it again MY WORST WORST NIGHTMARE!!

Crash doesnt look that bad but my foot is now twice the size and i cannot put any weight on it!
My wife told me i must grow up. Yeah right!! :)
[youtube]xWWko548Qfo[/youtube]

Awesome skills there Dave, if that bike was lighter you would get some super height for sure!! it was pretty foggy there? been awesome down here super sunny, I went for a super nice ride today although was so looking forward to meeting you all, hope your foot gets better soon mate and your bike for that matter...you might have cleared that Jump with the full 4.5KW :? :)

Nice work Dave, apart from hurting your foot. The upside is you fell very well and washed off most of the speed before you actually hit the deck. You much have mashed your ankle between the ground and the swing arm ? If it's that swollen chances are you've fractured a bone :(
More importantly, any damage to the bike !?

I too did some very mild jumping yesterday on my fighter but until I edit that vid, here's one of me tearing up an athletics track I came across. No one was using so just HAD to cut a few quick laps :mrgreen:

[youtube]8mnKW9t41lM[/youtube]

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. Im getting good at falling gracefully :)
No damage to the bike at all, just the bar end plugs did their job well. You can see the take off ramp earlier in the video. Way to steep so it just throws you high in the sky with little forward momentum.
Worst part of my foot is my heel, cant put any weight at all, or bend at the ankle. Im a quick mender though.
Nice video too Hyena, wish we had that weather!

Back