E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

I have not self expirience with sensorles but have read much about it.

The adaptto sinosodial controller can switch from sensor to sensorles if a hall fails.
The sabvoton sinosodial can do it too.

But you have to give your bike a start kick becouse without sensors you can not start from standing still. Beside that there is basicaly no difference.
So for offroad use its not so good. i guess :lol:

John in CR said:
CowardlyDuck,

When changing halls it's always a good idea to change the hall wires all the way to the outside, because quite commonly the failure is from the hall wiring shorting from the insulation not handling the heat and not the halls themselves. Many change halls only to continue to have problems if they don't change the wiring too.

That's good advise, especially if the wiring looks cut or suspect near the axle exit.

It's also worth testing the removed hall sensors to see if they were actually faulty, of if the wiring/connectors between the sensors and controller was to blame.

Lastly, CowardlyDuck stated he didn't solder the new hall sensors to the wiring but instead just shoved their legs into insulated wire. This is very unlikely to provide a reliable connection. Soldering or crimping are really the only acceptable options.

who live in europe that can buy this http://26bikes.com/shop/parts/rims_and_rim_tapes/prod/mtx3924 and sended to me to Puerto Rico since is the only website that have this and they sended to me then the package return to them and then they cancel they toll me that thay can't ship to PR :(

Hoping to get some of your opinions on how the 24" front/rear tire size is on the stealth bikes?

I assume and it makes sense that stealth bikes choose the 24" tires because of needing to make the rear hub motor rim smaller, and decided to keep the same size on the front.

However, it seems a universal opinion in the biking community that 26" tires are better, especially for off-road use. Dirtbikes even use an equivalent of 24" rear 26" front tire sizes.

Do you think stealth bikes should have used a 26" front and 24" rear or do you think it was smart keeping 24" front and rear?

I know that in the motorcycle world it is easier to control a bike when the front wheel is a bit bigger.If you choose to have a small tire in front and big at the back that would a mess to control the vehicle.
But if you take MotoGP for instance, they do run on the same wheel diameter, front and rear. So I guess that for off-road use, it's better to have bigger in front?

The best answer I found on the net that explains why dirt bikes use a larger front wheel and smaller rear wheel is the following copied and pasted.

turning dynamics take a back seat while other variables are taken into consideration. the front wheel&tire is tall and skinny to track and steer proficiantly on unstable surfaces. while the rear wheel&tire is short and fat to provide traction and a sutable final drive ratio for its intended enviornment. If you were to put a front wheel and tire on the rear, you would get no traction in the dirt and your accel. would be crap. if you were to put a back wheel and tire on the front, your front end wouldn't track well, it would float on dirt when you want it to dig in and bite making it push. Essencially the two different sizes are the happiest medium manufactures could find between turning and traction. And as i said before this is all because it is soley designed to be ridden off road, on a multitude of unstable surfaces. Sport bikes, supermotos are designed to be run soley on pavement which is a very stable surface for traction and for steering. A mountain bike dosn't have to deal with the traction variable that a motorcycle does so the rear tire size dosn't have to compensate for that variable. the dirt brings with it another set of variables that street going bikes don't have to deal with and a mtn bike dosn't have the variable of power. that sir, is the most complete answer to your question you will find.

I assume the reason above would hold somewhat true for an ebike. I wonder why stealth bikes choose a 24" front instead of a 26".
I would assume they compromised between on-road use and off-road use. If a stealth bike was strictly driven off-road I wonder if a 26" front tire would have been a better option.

The big unknown for me is will different size diameters tire corner or steer differently to effect handling?

I do not think traction is an issue with an ebike but the final drive ratio is a more important reason for smaller rear tire.

maybe is the geometry of the stealth bike i think maybe my bomber with a 26 in tire will be more tall in front and make the bike skower or something i really dont know looool

QuestionMan said:
The best answer I found on the net that explains why dirt bikes use a larger front wheel and smaller rear wheel is the following copied and pasted.

turning dynamics take a back seat while other variables are taken into consideration. the front wheel&tire is tall and skinny to track and steer proficiantly on unstable surfaces. while the rear wheel&tire is short and fat to provide traction and a sutable final drive ratio for its intended enviornment. If you were to put a front wheel and tire on the rear, you would get no traction in the dirt and your accel. would be crap. if you were to put a back wheel and tire on the front, your front end wouldn't track well, it would float on dirt when you want it to dig in and bite making it push. Essencially the two different sizes are the happiest medium manufactures could find between turning and traction. And as i said before this is all because it is soley designed to be ridden off road, on a multitude of unstable surfaces. Sport bikes, supermotos are designed to be run soley on pavement which is a very stable surface for traction and for steering. A mountain bike dosn't have to deal with the traction variable that a motorcycle does so the rear tire size dosn't have to compensate for that variable. the dirt brings with it another set of variables that street going bikes don't have to deal with and a mtn bike dosn't have the variable of power. that sir, is the most complete answer to your question you will find.

I assume the reason above would hold somewhat true for an ebike. I wonder why stealth bikes choose a 24" front instead of a 26". I would assume they compromised between on-road use and off-road use. If a stealth bike was strictly driven off-road I wonder if a 26" front tire would have been a better option.

The big unknown for me is will different size diameters tire corner or steer differently to effect handling?

I do not think traction is an issue with an ebike but the final drive ratio is a more important reason for smaller rear tire.

Questionman, don't know who answered your question above, but that is pretty much about 95% of the entire reason that dirtbikes have a smaller rear wheel diameter wise to the front. The only other thing that could have been noted was rear wheel travel clearance. A dirtbike running a smaller back wheel can also incorporate more rear wheel travel without having to increase the overall seat and fender height with the increased travel for clearance. No secret that bigger wheels role over stuff better, but for a dirt bike running 13 plus inches of rear wheel travel, if the rear had the same OD as the front, it would require a seat height increase which would elevate the rider unless rear travel was decreased, in turn raising the riders center of gravity. As far as why Stealth went with the 24" over the 26" probably more related to the performance of the smaller wheel on a hub motor than anything else. Think about it, with a smaller wheel, the hub would be less prone to overheating which means less chance of a failure, which means less chance for a warranty repair. As far as handling goes, a 24MTB on the rear with a 26MTB up front will work and work well.

Rick

Rix, thanks for the info. Good point about the clearance, I actually found that information from an older forum post by someone elses question.

Rix, it makes sense why Stealth chose the 24" rear tire, but why did they not use a 26" front tire?

today i install the new motor and the arrow racing tires and Halo Clickster freewheel, 3/32" x 16t that performs nice i felt my bike more torquier and more powerful i was impress seriously but i do not see the CA i was having a lot of fun omg i love my bike today was like a new bike looooool
image.php

MAFIA, which model of Arrow Racing tires did you buy, Prime Bites? These are 24.7" diameter compared to 25.7" of the Duro's which will make your bike seem torquier.
With 2 sets of wheels you can now run one set with road slicks and one with off-road tires....This is my plan for the future as well.

morati said:
MAFIA, which model of Arrow Racing tires did you buy, Prime Bites? These are 24.7" diameter compared to 25.7" of the Duro's which will make your bike seem torquier.
With 2 sets of wheels you can now run one set with road slicks and one with off-road tires....This is my plan for the future as well.
i dont know is have to be the motor remember what you says about that you dont feel the bike like use to be when was new maybe is that i dont know men i just feel that arrow racing 2.70 wide

I got a loaner 26" front(2.7 Super Tacky Maxxis Minion DH) and rode with it today. I have to say handling felt better and seemed to track better as well. I thought I could tell the extra inch in the front at 1st, but not after my ride was done.

Less sidewall certainly felt more stable/less wollowie(is that a word?) I like how the 26" rolled over the rough stuff, I like the looks, and I like tire choices.

I got a Arrow Racing PrimeBite to put on my rear, but was hesitant after I got it. The rubber is very hard.

wugambino said:
I got a Arrow Racing PrimeBite to put on my rear, but was hesitant after I got it. The rubber is very hard.
the rear was easy i dont know why the from was a pain looool

:?: Question

I use "mechanical sympathy" when climbing, and always pedal my ass off(usually :roll: ). Some of the hills are STEEP, and even the "kings of the mountain" have to go 1mph in granny gear to make it up barely. I have checked my motor and controller temps at the top and everything is still cool/barely warm. I have even checked it a couple minutes after to see if it heat soaked and always cool.
Every time I ride anywhere, I always use max amps(amax=65.7a'ish), and I have glimpsed 2600watts

-Am I being gentle, or is the climb duration not long enough for component heating? (Appx. 3minutes hard climbing at 3/4 throttle with a 20second WOT burst at the pinnacle. )

wugambino said:
:?: Question

I use "mechanical sympathy" when climbing, and always pedal my ass off(usually :roll: ). Some of the hills are STEEP, and even the "kings of the mountain" have to go 1mph in granny gear to make it up barely. I have checked my motor and controller temps at the top and everything is still cool/barely warm. I have even checked it a couple minutes after to see if it heat soaked and always cool.
Every time I ride anywhere, I always use max amps(amax=65.7a'ish), and I have glimpsed 2600watts

-Am I being gentle, or is the climb duration not long enough for component heating? (Appx. 3minutes hard climbing at 3/4 throttle with a 20second WOT burst at the pinnacle. )

I'd say the climb duration isn't long enough. According to http://ebikes.ca/simulator, depending on your weight, it would take just over 4 minutes to overheat a 3540 climbing a monster 20% average gradient.

HS3540 20% gradient.jpg

Top vid 8) Haven't gotten to the You Yangs yet but it looks like a great spot. Those new DSLR's shoot some quality video too.

Back