E-Trike Project

AussieJester said:
02jze said:
Build me one...

Good luck with that LoL.. its my hobby not something i do as a 'job'
i have no idea how many hours goes into it, i work on it when i feel up to it
usually no more than 2-3 hours a day, suits me fine allows me to save the $$
for parts, also takes time to get items in as 99% of it is from overseas...

All that said...i wouldnt part for the new bike for under $AU4k not because its "worth" that much
$$$ wise, but thats what it would take for me to part with it...parts to build it labour
aside i guess around $AU1000 give or take few bucks is all i have spent on it, I was
donated many parts for the build...so ~$AU1500-1800 without the generosity of
ES members (please see sig for suppliers for some of the EXCELLENT components used in this build)

KiM

p.s...if you would like a frame made to your design P.M me, that im happy to do
you pay for materials plus labor($AU25hr/freight) i'll build what ever you like from steel
FYI: takes me about 6-8hrs per frame materials ~$AU150 :)

10,000usd would be a steal to the right buyer for your latest bike Kim. Anyone here who has excitedly followed the builds day-by-day can appreciate the increadible amount of blood, sweat, and love that went into your builds.

There are many other bikes in the world, but there are none done quite the same way you do it. It's like part bike, part adventure in human handy work and inspiration in each and every hand crafted piece on the bike.

Luke soz the cheque is late... its in the mail buddy hehehe..Luke is my .P.R guy :mrgreen: ..cheers buddy :) If he gets to OZ for a few weeks fellas LOOK the FarK out what we will come up with!!!!1111oneoneone...i might even learns him the art of drinkinz BeeRz :mrgreen:

02jze..TNC Scooter are fantastic for expediting orders...as far as i have experienced...My advice now though after doing it and knowing better IF you have the $$$ too spend forget TNC..if you want an easy non frock motor setup, look at cyclone Taiwan, anything 650watt and above will get you a nice motor without inbuilt controller and inbuilt reduction, *even the most feminine wiminez could install one in under 3 hours...yes i know some here on ES have struggled...

*refer to my first statement on instalation for clarification on difficulty :mrgreen: ...

KiM

Ive already paid for the 36v 450 watt motor with gearbox. Looks the same as mine i dunno how much bigger but should be a goer.. I was really happy with how fast my 200 watt with 48volts through her was running. with pedal assit i was keeping with the traffic.
48volts made it kinda like laggy ! ill pedal off the mark then hit full power and every pedal made me go faster and faster untill the pedals wouldnt keep up and i over took cars. Where before with the 24 volt pedaling only seem to take strain off the motor and didnt change the speed at all..
Cant wait to try 450 watts !!

:) When I used those 12V radiator fan motors on DayGlo Avenger, with 36V on them, they didnt' have a terrible lot of starting torque but they had LOTS of speed and some power. On one test if I pedalled up to around 15MPH on a straight flat paved canal path, then started the motors at full throttle and kept pedallling enough to help some, I could get to 30MPH very fast. So for low-power motors they can still be fast if you get up to speed with pedals first.

Which is really what a ebike should be. Im not going to waste my time pedaling if im not going to go faster. Starting off pedaling to get some speed into it is also fine. AS im pretty heavy i felt really sorry for the motor at full throttle from standing. It pulled me along but would stress it out big time. Im starting to forget how fun my ebike was ive pulled the old motor off and just using pedals untill my new one gets here.
Cant wait to be pedaling and smiling rather then pedaling and sweating...

I'm kind of the opposite, in that I actually need the motor to help me start out from a stop, more than to help me keep going. :) Nice to have both though!

02jze said:
Which is really what a ebike should be. Im not going to waste my time pedaling if im not going to go faster. Starting off pedaling to get some speed into it is also fine. AS im pretty heavy i felt really sorry for the motor at full throttle from standing. It pulled me along but would stress it out big time. Im starting to forget how fun my ebike was ive pulled the old motor off and just using pedals untill my new one gets here.
Cant wait to be pedaling and smiling rather then pedaling and sweating...

You just need to build a setup that suits your needs. An E-bike can be anything from mild assistance pedaling, to instant wheelies at just partial throttle, and no need to ever pedal.

liveforphysics said:
to instant wheelies at just partial throttle, and no need to ever pedal.

I underestimated the torque of the outrunner too Luke, i have thus far broken the reduction mount that utilised 2x8mm high tensile steel bolts to secure it, now has 4x8mm bolts and a steel mount not aluminium like before...Yesterday another breakage, snapped my right chain adjuster broke it clean in half when i snapped the throttle when going ~10km/hr LoL..the rear wheel axle nut couldnt be any tighter yet the torque of the motor moved it forward half an inch in doig so snapped my chain adjuster...:: sigh:: its just cooling down now and me off to fit it and test again...if i keep breaking things eventually it will be bullet proof .. These lil Turnigys are ridiculous look how freakin small they are but the snap shit likes its twigs FFS... I learn it Luke, i have a fix for these situations ADD MORE STEEL BRACING!!!

KiM

Hyena said:
And you want to put a second motor on it too!

add less lightening holes this time!! :p

On 66V too :mrgreen: Itz Lukes fault he said i might as well put
a dress on and slap a frock motor on if i am only going to run on 48v and a single motor
I dont have the legs for a skirt so 66v it is and a second motor when i have the first
one sorted :mrgreen:

I have updated the worklog for the crusier pics of the damaged tensioner there

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=12810&start=570

KiM

Back