EBIKERS IN THE CHICAGOLAND AREA

DAND214 said:
i'm just wondering how many of us are in the Chicagoland area. Chicago is a very large city with many suburbs. So let yourself known to the rest of use in the area so we might be able to get togeater some time. Ride, BS or help each other.
DAN

Hi Dan, We've been talking via emails. Hope you find a few other fokes in the area. I'm in Wayne ILL. Let hear from the rest of the people in the Chicago area.

I live in Round Lake Beach. About 40 miles north west of down town Chicago.

We're located in the Detroit area. Not exactly Chicago... but kind of close. We have lots of local e-bikers and word is spreading fast, but we also have people drive several hours (from OH, IL, etc.) to see us. If you start up a group... let us know and we'll pass the word along...

While it's not exactly E-bikes the electric automobile club in Chicago is having a meeting this Friday the 20th at 6:30PM.

http://fveaa.org/

www.chicagoelectricbicycles.com

I own a small ebike selling network in Chicago. I have sold custom made electric cruisers in and around Chicago since summer. Chicago is a sleeping giant with regards to ebikes. There are bike lanes everywhere. I take mine 10 miles a day to and from my job from grand ave to downtown. Great bike ride! I go pass the old schwinn factory near grand and north ave everyday. its kinda sad. but inspiring to think they dominated the industry for so long.

I plan to start an ebike shop on the west side of chicago in summer of 2010. its going to be exciting. American made ebikes! keep a look out.

www.recumbents.com said:
I'm in Elgin, IL.

Warren? If it's you, put in an avatar. You surely have lots of cool pics to choose from.

And if it is you, any interest in using any of your racing experience and toys like the finish line timers to organize an ebike event where we can race/performance test ebikes?

Todd

Hi Todd,

Yes, it's me. An e-bike meet sounds like fun, and we could use the HPRA timing systems.

I went to the FVEAA meeting and they had some information about high amp controllers, but spent a lot of time talking about a hybrid bread truck being used by a food bank. I haven't decided if it's worthwhile to go back or not as I don't have an e-car project in the works at this time.

-Warren.

I just received one of 'Method's' 100 volt 100 amp 18 fet controllers. I'll be putting it on my downhill bike with the big rear hub motor. 100 amps would likely kill the motor but it should be good fun at 50 or 60.

But my main ride lately is a recumbent trike. Here's a shot of it.

Attachments

• CCM_8_2009_3.jpg
    434.1 KB · Views: 1,092
Hi gang!

I live in Wheeling. I think it'd be great to have an area gathering. I don't know how much actual riding we'd get done with the winter season coming/here.

Paul

Ya sometime in spring we should all meet up somewhere in the chicago area and go biking. The critical mass people are always doing massive bike rides.

Back