Electric downhill/freeride bike

Hey Ratking,

As someone who has rewound these, I know what it would have taken to get that winding done. Very nice job! You are clearly a patient man :)

How did you get the stator off the shaft bit? (not sure what the name of that piece is so i am calling it the shaft bit, how technical!) I have not tried as i am scared my stator will fall in to 50 bits if i do. I rewound mine with that bit still attached but i would like to rewind my next one without it.

D

Danny Mayes said:
Hey Ratking,

As someone who has rewound these, I know what it would have taken to get that winding done. Very nice job! You are clearly a patient man :)

How did you get the stator off the shaft bit? (not sure what the name of that piece is so i am calling it the shaft bit, how technical!) I have not tried as i am scared my stator will fall in to 50 bits if i do. I rewound mine with that bit still attached but i would like to rewind my next one without it.

D

Hello

Long time since any update happend. Anyway, I used a press and forced the stator holder out. I would not try to hit it with anything, but gently press it out. Worked for me, I think having as large of a surface supporting the stator helps.

I actually have done some work on the bike the last couple of days. The bike is nearly ready, with paint and everything. There will be pictures of the bike together. I am really eager to use it as a daily commuter. That was the plan all along. Just took a couple of years :D

Thanks for that Ratking.

Great to hear you are still making progress. It is a big project! We all know how the months can turn into years!

It has been great following.

D

aCeMadMod said:
hi look like a other year' any update

Hello, since you ask for it ;)

I have been doing minor work as building a new rear hub fr a split go kart chain, 35#. The larger 420 motorcycle chain was to heavy duty for the application, I wanted something lighter and smaller. The go kart chain is also much finer pitch, so it is easier to get smaller sprockets(in diameter, not teeth)

The weight saving is quite significant, so I would use 35# chain over 420. I don't think the setup has enough torque to break the chain anyway.
I did of course burn one of the motors first and then the other bit e the bullet from dragging all the load. The problem was bad magnets in one of the motors, effectively forcing the other motor to do more work. When I increased the current, the motor doing most of the work burnt a winding. Not much, but enough for me to disconnect the controller to save it.
I got new wire, this time 1.25mm, going to wind it for DLRK 6 turn wye, 4 paralleled strands. Going to be 150kv, with huge current capability. (pray for my controllers please).

Attachments

• IMG_1120 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1120 (Small).JPG
    51 KB · Views: 1,178
  • IMG_1123 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1123 (Small).JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,178
  • IMG_1124 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1124 (Small).JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,177
  • IMG_1126 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1126 (Small).JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,177
  • IMG_1127 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1127 (Small).JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,177
  • IMG_1128 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1128 (Small).JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,177
  • IMG_1129 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1129 (Small).JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,177
  • IMG_1131 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1131 (Small).JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,177
  • IMG_2887 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2887 (Small).JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,177
  • IMG_2861 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2861 (Small).JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,177
  • IMG_1117 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1117 (Small).JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,178
Sorry to open up old thread again but I suppose u got the bike running.

So what power levels do u see while riding and does each 80 turnigy pump out these 5kw of power?

I guess for riding on flats a lot less power is needed,.would say up to 4kw for constant speed? Otherwise your 1+kwh battery would last less than 30minutes

Back