Electric MBS Comp16 Mountainboard Build

You definitely can't make it work with that last photo. That's too far off.

I would probably just clamp that bottom half down and shave it maybe 1/4" or so and it should provide enough clearance. Just barely enough to that bolt part. Unless, you need more clearance than that.

Yeah i might think about shaving off the shaft.

I could also put a spacer between the motor and the mount to bring the shaft a bit to the right couldn't I?

michaeliam said:
I could also put a spacer between the motor and the mount to bring the shaft a bit to the right couldn't I?
Yes, that's the way to go!

So I put a spacer so that the shaft doesn't hit the tyre:

AgFt5Hrl.jpg

Only issue now is that it looks like quite a tight squeeze for the belt between the mount and the tyre.

Alternatively, could I purchase a replacement shaft that is longer and have it in this configuration:

K7giA4Ll.jpg

Thoughts? Is it even possible to buy an extended shaft.

I would probably go with a new mount that has a more correct fitting. That extension with the nuts most likely wouldn't last the vibrations and kick of the motor IMO. There's no real way to extend your motor shaft and too long would shift more IMO I wouldn't trust it.

Like I said that bottom piece that's bolted to the brake thread on the trucks. I would shave part of that if you can and have it move to the left more. If not a new one would work much better.

Thanks for the advice. I think I will shave the bottom piece and hopefully that will be enough for the shaft to clear the tyre.

Hey man, Ive been doing this for a while & I think those mounts look super sketchy...Not the motor mount but the mounting. Be careful, I can see them snapping & winding around the wheel with the chain = disastrous results. Consider a rethink and redo, maybe something that wraps around the brake boss for more support. Just my 2cents not to be a dick or anything.

hey michaeliam

you got a nice design for your mount!

daverobson did a similar mount as well take a look at his build. ( he is using vector trucks) http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=54203&start=25#p846388

i ran into a extremely similar problem.

by me i am using a angle bracket to mount to the brake whole (i have the ATS trucks so a little different). when i would position it one way, it hit the sprocket's screws, and the other way, it made the motor to far from the sprocket, just like you.

i took the 2nd option and made the motor too far from the sprocket. i add more spacers between the sprocket and the wheel to get the sprocket closer.

Now here is were i differ from you. i am using 2 pieces for the mount; a angle bracket and a flat piece. the flat piece gets screwed on to the angle bracket and then the motor on the flat piece. the angle bracket is 1/4in thick so that gets me another 1/4in closer but i need another 1/4in so i added a flat piece in between the angle bracket and the main flat piece.

look at the video its a little clearer than how i wrote it! https://www.dropbox.com/s/lf6xukhcwsj0tst/Video Jul 01, 4 27 57 PM.mov

Mount it the second way and then space your wheel pulley or gear out to match up. you're going to need a second hole as well to stop the bracket from wanting to turn loose. One bolt looks sketchy.

stunmanmike has a set of mounts for sale i think its 125 each mount and he has the ripper which i know you looked at I plan on buy a pair from him and from what i can tell he has 2 pairs after i buy a pair

Back