electric vs gas ATV at Mean Gr Machine on Discovery channel

Doctorbass

100 GW
Now There is a contest between electric and gas All Terrain Vehicule now

same like the show with the killacycle.

Doc

Yeah.. it looked cool...but man.. kinda disapointed by the performance.... :cry:

Gimme a break.. lead acid and brushed motors,

Drop in the killacycle A123 battery pack with Quad Perm 132's/one per wheel.. and 4 Zilla's .. :twisted:

I wonder if we could get Discovery to sponsor an E-Bike challenge !!

Doc representing Quebec
Ypedal for NewBrunswick
Anyone else ? :D

Great Idea Ypedal!! 8)

Also for the shunt motor of the killacycle... I have been tinking about the same idea while seeing the poor performance and the guy of the ATV that was unable to do better to compete with the best honda gas ATV...

he said that it had two 2kW DC motor.. :roll: in my book.. that mean 6hp... no more!... so with two 15hp Etek or two motor like the killacycle !!!! :twisted:

Doc

Doctorbass said:
he said that it had two 2kW DC motor.. :roll: in my book.. that mean 6hp... no more!... so with two 15hp Etek or two motor like the killacycle !!!! :twisted:

A measly 2kW? That's crap. Some of us run that on bikes 8).

Ypedal said:
Doc representing Quebec
Ypedal for NewBrunswick
Anyone else ? :D

Dibs on the Southwest U.S. if it's sponsored :D!

sweet! :wink:

i'll be tuned!

I'll be watching :D.

EDIT: Checked out my Discovery Channel guide on satellite. The Discovery Channel I get isn't showing it. :(. On the other hand, MythBusters marathon is on today :D!

It was the " Zero " bike !!!! :D http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/

They had it compete against a Yamaha 250 4 stroke, i must say the Zero did very well !

33 mph in 160ft drag, against tha Yamaha's 34mph..

Won the cross-country tight-course challenge

Lost the hillclimb 9 seconds to the zero's 12second run

And the jump went 25ft for the Zero and 35/37ish on the Y..

All things considered, good PR for the Electric motocross ! :)

Hi

Just watched it on youtube, was a fun test, it is aimed at kids though? and there are a whole bunch of iffy statements in there, esp regarding his battery pack, still its a good machine if a little ugly? seems a bit box like? I agree it needs more power and a bigger motor, its a fun thing to watch though so here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ic9fDPnnuA&feature=related

Cheers

Knoxie

Back