EM-150 VOTOL SPEED CONTROLLER

SGrabowski

100 µW
I am not very tech savvy, so ive yet to access my speed controller when i plug it in.
can anyon help me with step by step installation of any and all programs to access my controller when i plug it in. please and ty

Plug it into what?

Does "access" mean read data from it for display while riding, or set it up to program it to work with your other parts, or something else?

A list of all of the things you have for the project and links to their purchase pages may help us figure out what you can do with what you have, and what you might still need to get.

A description of what specifically you want the project to do for you, under what conditions, when complete may also help with that.

The more specifics we have, the better we can help. ;)

I am not very tech savvy, so ive yet to access my speed controller when i plug it in.
can anyon help me with step by step installation of any and all programs to access my controller when i plug it in. please and ty
The speed controller was programmed to my 5000w qs hub motor when it arrived, so it works just fine. I would like to adjust the settings somewhat now that I have put some kms on it, I would like to know what settings they put it at and will need to adjust settings when I acquire my new battery in the spring.
This is my first electric motorcycle and build, I matched a EM-150 with a 5000w qs hub motor and will be installing either a 72v 100ah minimum or if I keep it preferably a 96v 120ah. But I would just like to know how to get in and see what the settings are and in the spring be able to dial it in when I install my battery.

I started with this and this scammer I bought it off of lied about everything and butchered all the wiring, so in a couple weeks I will be bringing it in and cleaning up his mess and preparing it for the new season. This scammer Kevin gray scammed me out of $3000 and I need to make it worth getting ripped off, I have taught myself alot. But yet to master the tech side of owning an electric motorcycle.

Will a negative reading for rpm's hurt or damage my hub motor and I still have no speedometer reading as well.
I will take my bike for a spin and see how the settings I inputed affect my bike, but will take pictures of my settings so I can get some help on the site. Because the votol group is not helpful at all

I am having several issues atm, bike is cutting out under load, rpm's reading with a negative and speedometer isn't reading at all.
Would appreciate some help

For most ebikes, to solve cutting out under load, you have to program the max Amps the controller will draw to be less than the max Amps spec on your battery's BMS.

I don't know what the bms amps would be for the battery, because it came with the bike when I bought it used. But it's a 72v50ah and my controller is a em-150 votol that on the low end is like 150 up to 470 amps

There's always trial an error. Program controller max to 20A. Test bike. Program 40A. Test bike. Etc.. Once it starts cutting out again, go back to the previous max.

That's a nice Bike, I don't have a votol but a fardriver if it's 5k watts I think yours was set for 150a..at 72v that's 8kwatt output. Try lowering that param.. to 70amp and see if it improves the cutting out. as far as the display showing negative rpm's..I don't have same issue but it's very far off I was told that the pole pairs affected only the speed readings, yours is set to 16 which is what the qs205 has. Mine was set to 4..which affects speed ratios. When I set to 16 it didn't matter, wheel size May also affect speed readings.

Back