enclosure or case for VESC 75200

pwd

10 kW
I'm looking for an enclosure or case to make one of these a bit weather resistant since it will be exposed to the elements:
Makerbase-VESC-75200-V2-84V_.png

The aluminum shell joins in half: ideally I would just replace the top half so I could keep the factory heatsink on the bottom. Maybe someone has 3d printed something?

I put one in a small 3d printed box, but it wasn't anything more than a big square shell to stuff it inside of -- you could make the same thing in 15m in tinker cad (or whatever). Mine had some weird mounting points/flanges specific to my bike build so not really useful to post here. Most folks just toss 'em in the generic controller bags or a hobby box

Mouser more then likely has various sized enclosures of a wide variety of sizes from small ipod/rc-esc size to very large wall mount enclosures. The products tend to be more expensive because they are certified in some manner, the smaller enclosures dont seem to be more then $5-15. I have a local regional electronics/electrical commercial supplier store of similar category to Mouser but smaller that from my cursory glance sells countless products from Hammond, Mid Atlantic. Lots of materials to choose from, ABS, Metal, Plastic. You could also look at Ardruino products which might have cases for their projects.

Or just find random cheap generic enclosures on ebay/amazon/ali's.
Reminds me of Dollarama tote boxes, you look at them wrong and the plastic cracks.

What size do you require?

I designed a case for the flipsky version of that controller (which I think is identical), it needs some improvements and adjustments to make it easier to use and requires some work to install as I was trying to make it as small as possible but if you're interested I could make one for you. It involves removing the top half of the case and reinstalling it after using silicone around the perimeter and the power and phase wires. Then the case seals around the top of the case with a gasket and has two exit ports with rubber gaskets. I also put curved tube mounting sections on the top of the case so it's then strapped to the bike frame.

Alternately you could just do what flipsky does on the 75350 and just fill all the holes with silicone.

A generic box could work I suppose but I would probably have to modify it to retain air cooling effectiveness.

I designed a case for the flipsky version of that controller (which I think is identical)

I think the dimensions would be identical. Would you be able to show a photo of what it looks like with the case installed?

It's kinda hard to see as the case part is up against the bike, there are two rails that contour to the frame you might be able to see, in this case they are odd shapes because the frame is not round there and they have rubber on them. You can also see the cable the comes out of the bottom and contains the halls and temp sensor and the cable that comes out the top that contains the controls. As you can see by the amount of mud this bike has seen quite a lot of mud and washes. Also as I do with all controllers I can I also apply conformal coating wherever I can when I opened the case up. I generally try and go with a waterproofling in layers, so don't just rely on one seal if possible.IMG_20240224_104100.jpgIMG_20240224_104111.jpgIMG_20240224_104142.jpgIMG_20240224_104127.jpg

Maybe easiest if u have a store like Tap Plastics you could get acrylic or polycarbonate sheet cut and make a five-sided box that could be glued against the controller leaving the heatsink exposed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions (and pictures) so far. This gives me some food for thought as well as some inspiration to try some 3d model design.

It's kinda hard to see as the case part is up against the bike, there are two rails that contour to the frame you might be able to see, in this case they are odd shapes because the frame is not round there and they have rubber on them. You can also see the cable the comes out of the bottom and contains the halls and temp sensor and the cable that comes out the top that contains the controls. As you can see by the amount of mud this bike has seen quite a lot of mud and washes. Also as I do with all controllers I can I also apply conformal coating wherever I can when I opened the case up. I generally try and go with a waterproofling in layers, so don't just rely on one seal if possible.View attachment 348085View attachment 348086View attachment 348088View attachment 348087
Can I get stl file for this ??

Back