End of the World. Beginning of a new one. The Life of Amberwolf.

HAROX said:
I'm a damned optimist. You could tell me to stuff it and I'd make it look like sausage.
I see a new chance for you to get your dreams fulfilled.
Today- bare studs
Tomorrow- sky through roof trusses.
Soon after, wiring, dry wall, stucco, insulation, shingle, glass, paint, doors, floors.
Soon after that, dogs running here and there, and holistic help for your hurties.
Vision is a shared experience, and your vision is bound to improve.
You are a gold mine of compassion. This is all changing for your future, Amberwolf.
I know. But knowing doesn't change the way I *feel*. Even knowing I will feel differently later doesnt' fix how I feel now....

Normally I would be right there with you, and practically happy that the house is getting rebuilt.

But the dogs aren't here to share it with me, and that makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. :cry:

If they were still here, I could deal with this. I could probably handle anything else except that. But that was the cards I got dealt, so it's either play them or fold like Mdd0127 is choosing to do, and that's not something I can do--I know that somewhere, someone (dog or human) still needs me around as much as Hachi, Nana, Loki, and Fred did, even if I haven't met them yet. And other people still need me around that I do know--like all of you, and the other friends that have helped me, even those I didn't even know I had.

BTW that's a hella nice palm tree in the front, and an expansive street view.
Except I hate palm trees, they're useless (to me). And I hate street views. I loved my little jungle for the retreat it gave me and all the green I could stand in or sit behind and pretend to be somewhere else when I needed it (which is fairly often).

Now I won't even be able to use the front yard or go in it or look at it and not be traumatized by it, and remember all of this again like it had just happened--which is basically what happened yesterday afternoon, and again this morning seeing the pics above. Eventually when things grow back I might manage it. But that's gonna be a long time--probably years, maybe as many years as I've already been there (13? 14?). I don't know. And worse--it wont' even grow back at all unless I plant new stuff there, so I have to go thru all this again for however many days or weeks it takes to do *that*, however many months from now it is that I can get to the yard to do anything, after the house is fixed. :(

lbz5mc12 said:
Just a couple of thoughts on the generator and AC issue. If you don't want to buy a generator you could try to rent one from Home Depot or Lowes in their tool rental department. You'd just have to make a plan to get all of your welding done in a couple of days. It'd be a lot cheaper than buying one and you wouldn't have to feel bad about returning it.

As to the AC unit, if you can't find it, just do what a lot of people do, buy a new one and return it within the 60-90 day limit that most of them have. I used to work at Home Depot as a cashier supervisor and just like clockwork, the end of summer comes and all the AC units would come back. They just take them back, slap an RTV sticker on them, and they'd be sent back to the manufacturer to be refurbished or scrapped for parts. Sometimes the store would just stick a green tag on them and resell them as used or clearance items. If all else fails, as long as they still function, they donate them to charity.

Those are good thoughts...especially the tool rental thing. I dont' wanna buy/return though, unless there's no other choice, simply because I would prefer to just mount it and forget it, so I can put whatever holes and screws and whatnot in the casing that I need to to hold it up there.

ddk said:
amberdude
if you hadn't posted a note in my thread I might have never, ever noticed your loss, as I rarely roam the forum.
I'm so sorry for your loss of your dogs.

stuff is just stuff.
I had a house fire in the mid-80's where I lost every document, drawing, master audio and video tapes (and their copies) photos and their negs.
Absolutely my whole documented life went up in smoke...
but it's just stuff.
I was lucky in that no loss of life was involved, as me, my spouse and our kids were on a 'mini' vacation when the fire occurred.

...eventually I got over it because stuff is stuff.
I can never redo the old creations as they were, but new creations made up for it.
And for me, I would care about none of the other losses if the dogs were still here. I'd probably lament it all and even cry over it, but if they were still here, and knowing what could have happened, losing them instead, I'd just be glad for what I did have. Having them around me, taking care of them and having them take care of me would "fix everything" like it always has in the past.

But they're gone, too, so every other little disaster or loss is magnified out of all proportion, and brings back their loss too.

I am beginning to remember the first moments of coming home that day, too, and dream of them. It is panful beyond belief, and must be why I couldn't remember them till now--I could not have dealt with this before, and can barely do so now. I am awake now only on a "fifth wind" having already burned thru my second wind, then my third and fourth, being unable to really sleep at all last night. Everytime I closed my eyes all of the worst moments of the last almost-month parade before me, in no particular order, and keep doing so even after i open them again.

I am moving around like a tired robot. Caffiene is waking me up for my necessary stuff today, taking the scrap for recycling while i have the friends coming to help with it. But then I will have to go home and try to just collapse and sleep, I hope. I feel completely awake, but I keep doing stupid things like putting the teabag in the sink and runnign the water into my cup instead fo the pan to boil it in. Then i put the sugar into the little cup and poured it right back into the sugar container. I almsot poured the finally-boiling water back into teh sugar container too but stopped before doing it. Then I put ice cubes into my cup with the sugar and started to go upstairs but remembered halfway up I had yet to put a teabag in it, or the hot water to let it steep, etc.

Today is going to be very long. I hope something makes it better along the way. I think I will need to stop by somewhere with lots of doggies and trade some hugs. Maybe that will help.

I thought you'd say as much about the whole mess, before I wrote that.
In a nutshell, aside from the myriad talents you have at your disposal, you have... hope. Opposite the despair, living on a desolate bluff in the desert, you're still an oasis of hope.
This whole life seems to be about feelings and vision (spiritual stuff), and you're abundant with both.
All the best, man.
harox

Mike,

Nothing you have done has influenced my decision. In fact, you are one of the maybe ten people that give me second thoughts about it. However, the fact that I've been on this planet for 35 years and have pretty much always been the positive helpful guy that you know me as, and I've only met ten humans that I truly respect that also love me, cancels out those second thoughts.

I have a different view on death than most people on this world. I really think that we're here on earth to experience certain things and that once we've experienced those things, or become unable to positively experience new things, that it's time to check out the next level, or return to the previous one. Since I can't imagine what else I'd like to experience in this world, and my physical condition would ruin any experience I could think of, it's just time for a reset, just like in video games. I truly believe that if more people shared this view that the world would be a much better place. Imagine the amount of resources that would be freed up for those with hope in their hearts to use if everyone that was leading a life of suffering and pain gave up! Having had many psychedelic trips and near death/death experiences, I've seen "the other side" and it's beautiful there. I'd love to hang around, help people, and spread the light but unfortunately, in this world, it's impossible to survive doing that alone and being pretty much unable to do anything but sit around suffering, wondering about "what ifs", does no one any good at all.

Thursday morning, someone, I don't know who, called the marshalls office on me for a suicide check so I got woken up to bullhorns and at gunpoint. When I explained my situation and the reasons that I am giving up, they agreed with me, apologized, wished me luck, and left.

I love you man! You're an awesome person and I wish that the world was filled with 6.99999 billion more of you. Please, please try to feel happy that I'll be free from pain soon instead of feeling bad that I'm gone. If I'm able to influence people's lives from the other side, which I'm pretty sure is possible, I'll always keep spreading positivity and love.

I sincerely hope that you're never in my shoes but if you were, I think you'd understand.

^^mdd0127, i'm thinking of you standing, in that, hopelessness. I have known your own generous spirit, and have no question about your decisions. My name is not important. You know Michael. Is he or is he not your oasis of spirit? You're there, on this side, you're experiencing a uniqueness. An answer. Yes?

We all have mighty lessons to learn about saving each other's live's, if possible, as we rush to our own demises.

I got my demons, and then there's the sun burning purple holes in my white ass. I'll be out of here before long, too.
Along the way I 'met' your wits, and his, and too many others to name. It's a circle and we all have a job to do. Thank you for being there in Phoenix, sixty miles away from "egypt" .
You matter, seriously. You factor into this whole thing. You think you'll be remembered? I do. I know you'll be.

I Don't Know, What's The Feeling I'm Talking About, once again! Hope above all others, that's it.

mdd0127 said:
Mike,

Nothing you have done has influenced my decision. In fact, you are one of the maybe ten people that give me second thoughts about it. However, the fact that I've been on this planet for 35 years and have pretty much always been the positive helpful guy that you know me as, and I've only met ten humans that I truly respect that also love me, cancels out those second thoughts.

I have a different view on death than most people on this world. I really think that we're here on earth to experience certain things and that once we've experienced those things, or become unable to positively experience new things, that it's time to check out the next level, or return to the previous one. Since I can't imagine what else I'd like to experience in this world, and my physical condition would ruin any experience I could think of, it's just time for a reset, just like in video games. I truly believe that if more people shared this view that the world would be a much better place. Imagine the amount of resources that would be freed up for those with hope in their hearts to use if everyone that was leading a life of suffering and pain gave up! Having had many psychedelic trips and near death/death experiences, I've seen "the other side" and it's beautiful there. I'd love to hang around, help people, and spread the light but unfortunately, in this world, it's impossible to survive doing that alone and being pretty much unable to do anything but sit around suffering, wondering about "what ifs", does no one any good at all.

Thursday morning, someone, I don't know who, called the marshalls office on me for a suicide check so I got woken up to bullhorns and at gunpoint. When I explained my situation and the reasons that I am giving up, they agreed with me, apologized, wished me luck, and left.

I love you man! You're an awesome person and I wish that the world was filled with 6.99999 billion more of you. Please, please try to feel happy that I'll be free from pain soon instead of feeling bad that I'm gone. If I'm able to influence people's lives from the other side, which I'm pretty sure is possible, I'll always keep spreading positivity and love.

I sincerely hope that you're never in my shoes but if you were, I think you'd understand.

Think you might be wrong about "the other side" after you die you start to smell really bad. Then you decompose.

Come on down to The Biker Bar, I think I might be able to help you?
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=49950

I don't know you very well mdd , but I do respect you from reading your posts on here.

Like any other human I could be wrong and probably am , but what if you are experiencing some form of depression
or some other kind of unbalance in your brain that if in a different state you may not feel the way you do ?

If that's even remotely possible id ask that you look into it. I think as a person part of my responsibility as I get older
is to share experiences with other people. if you are not here then that's not even possible.

Anyway don't expect what I say to make any difference , but I just feel better saying it.

Wish you the best.

Also sorry to derail the thread. Glad you are making progress Amber and you have been in my thoughts a lot lately.
Glad you have such good people around.

Well, today sucked almsot as bad as yesterday. Maybe it's actually worse. i haven't decided yet.

I drove away another former friend, so I guess that's two in two days, and strained my back and arms and legs and neck.

I am exhausted past being tired or sleepy, after almost no sleep at all last night, just dozing a moment then waking, over and over, after all the horribly stressful events of yesterday, on top of all the disasters before that. I managed to actually fall asleep just long enough before the alarm to be completley and utterly unable to function normally when it went off--probably about 15-20 minutes based on what I know of myself and the times I'd looked at the clock during my doze/wake cycles before that. I got up to get dressed and realized I'd never even taken my shoes off the day before. Probably a good thing; I'd probably have put my pants on my head or something otherwise. I stumbled downstairs and made tea without screwing anything up other than dropping ice cubes a lot, then went out and rode Delta Tripper off to my house on autopilot, cuz I don't remember even leaving Bill's house much less riding to mine.

So when Tannon and Patty came over to my house this morning, meeting me there probably around 6am, I was trying to figure out what stuff was recycle and what wasn't, because "helpers" have been adding stuff to all piles in the yard based on what stuff looks similar to what they were carrying, I think. For the most part I decided to just let whatever it is lie in the pile it ended up in, so if it gets trashed I don't really frocking care at this point, even if it's the most critical piece of shit I can't possibly replace. I pointed out what would be going away today, or rather the general outline of the piles of stuff that would be, and the general outline of the piles that wouldn't be yet cuz I haven't had any goddamn time to sort thru them.

Tannon asked about the alley gate being blocked by the tall fence outside it, and I said that the only way I knew of to get it open was to lift off first the far west fence section, then the next easterly, then the one behind the alley gate. That's an impossible task so I assumed we'd just be moving all the stuff thru the east gate, on the street. I guess he didn't like that idea so while I was trying to start doing that, he pulled out the post between the gate-section of fence and the next most easterly, and Patty redirected my attention back to him to see that.

I went over there to unlock the actual alley gate, which only opens inward, specifically so that the dogs couldn't ever push it open, and also only the east half can open at all, as I'd had a steel tube driven into the ground quite a ways thru the tabs on the west half of the gate, again so the dogs couldn't ever move that gate enough to get thru the gap between halves, and so no one else could do that from outside, either.

But the gate was blocked from opening more than a foot or two by stuff dumped in front of it, so I started picking it up to move it out of the way thru the gap into the alley. Tannon was just standing there, about a couple feet away from that gap. I couldn't hold onto the printer I picked up and it slipped out of my hands as I tried to get it thru the gap, and it fell and landed in front of him. He said somethign like "Please don't do that again" in a voice that sounded scary to me, even angry, and that shot my stress level way up from where it already was, because I don't deal well with anyone that is angry at me--I usually have to walk away from it so I don't get upset and either cry or get angry myself. Maybe I should have done that.

Becuase next, while I was trying to pick up and move more stuff to clear the gate, Tannon decided he wanted to pull the gate open out the alley direction, which could damage it as old and weak as it is, and I didn't want to risk that, especially since I still dont' have any power to the welder to fix it if he broke it. So I said something aobut it only opening inward, and he said something else about how he could do it, and it looked like he was going to break it, so I said "Stop!" pretty loudly, and it didn't seem like that was going to stop him so I yelled "STOP!" because I was realy afraid then, both of it breaking and of him doing something to it or me, and I probably yelled it again after that but I am not sure. I shoudln't have been afraid of him becuase I doubt he would ever hurt me but at that moment I was; I am under so much stress right now I am afraid of a lot of things that are stupid and silly.

Either way, he said something like "bye" and called to Patty that they were leaving, and stormed off to his truck. Patty reluctantly followed himi while I stood there aghast and in shock, blood draining from my head, unable to move or speak. They drove off just as I was able to start stumbling in that direction. After a moment I thought of the celphone and tried to call him, but of course he ignored the call, and I guess must've told Patty to ignore hers, when I tried to call her I also got voxmail. I left them both messages apologzing and trying to explain, askign them to come back. I then tried texting them both with the apology and asking them to come back.

No response from either of them in the several hours since then (that was around 630am).

I realized that what I had done had destroyed my chance to do everything I needed to do today, and I fell down where I was standing and cried my eyes out for a while, soaking Phideaux's head pretty thoroughly.

It's a good thing I don't have a gun around, because if I did I wouldn't be here typing this--I gave up on the whole world at least twice in that time, having determined that I was completley alone and that I couldnt' trust anyone not to just walk away and leave me alone at the moment I needed them most. Moments later I would realize that was stupid, and that it was just a couple of people that don't have any idea what they are putting me thru, might regret it later, I don't know that were messing with my head, and then I'd just cry more from the realization that I can't help either of them, either--the one doesn't want it and he'd rather wither away alone, and the other doesn't realize he needs it and drags his poor wife along for the ride.

After a long while I guess, dunno how long, I changed from frightened and alone to angry at being abandoned by yet another person I thought was a friend, right when I needed them most, and started going thru all the stuff left by my mom and sisters who all abandoned me here too (even though mom didn't exactly have a choice about it, getting sick and dying, it felt then and feels now like I was abandoned the same way my dad did to us more than once).

I started picking up and chucking whole boxes of stuff that normaly I doubt I could even lift over on teh garbage pile between teh bikes and the openable part of the alley gate. Then I started going thru my kitchen stuff, and chucking all teh glass things at the pile from half the backyard away, breaking everything I could possibly manage to, and getting angrier at every crunch, throwing things so hard it hurt. Eventually i ran out of things I could lift or throw, and fell down and cried again. I have not been that angry or destructive in 30 years. I hope I never am again.

At that point I was so hot, exhausted, and hurty that I realized I could not do anything else, and gave up to go back to Bill's at least for today, to write off the whole day as a complete and utter waste of time, wishing I hadn't even gotten out of bed today. I strained msyelf further by having to lift the heavy pipe used fora fencepost on the tall secruity fence, the one Tannon pulled out to open the alley gate, and lift it straight up (whcih took several tries cuz i let it lean and dropped it more than once) and drop it down into the fence end rings to lock the fence togeter.

Right as I was lockign the outer gate to leave, Mark called, and I remembered I had called him the previous night to come pickkup anything he wanted to save from the recycle stuff, and that I'd called him again and left voxmail right after I tried to get Tannon and Patty to come back, hoping he could come here and help me by getting and driving the uhaul to the recyclers, or at least be company because I didn't want to be alone right then, just before my first crying fit.

He was very concerned about what happened, and was actually on his way over right then, but it was too late at that point and I could not stay there another minute, so I had to apologize and tell him that we'd have to do whatever on a different day. that was around 830am I guess.

I got to bill's intime to go to breakfast with him, to Whataburger, around 9am. When i arrived at his place, he said I looked like PigPen, though my security blanket is Phideaux instead ofan actual blanket, and I wasn't yet sucking my thumb (though i admit I might get down to that point if things get any worse). So I washed up the dirt and soot off my face and arms/hands, and we left for WB, after he gave me some ibuprofen for the already-stiffening muscles I strained in my anger fit.

I wasn't hungry but could feel my stomach growling and if I don't eat at that point I'll usually get sick, so i ordered and ate. I don't rememver what it was. I guess I told Bill abut today's events; don't remember that for sure either. I remember a funny boxer dog in a truck in the drive thru, excited about the driver getting his food and stuff. I remember the cashier (but not her name) who knows Bill, comeing over to the table to give me two free whataburger coupons from the store manager; I guess they've probably discussed my predicament.

Despite a couple of refils of DrPepper the caffiene didnt' and hasnt' done anthing to help me wake up. I think I'm past that. Past sleeping too, cuz i tried that when we got back.

I decided I din't want to even use antyhign Tannon has brought me so I moved all the data/settings off the little Dell he'd broguth me after the fire, moved them to a usb stick Bigmoose sent, then copied them over to the IBM he'd also sent, which i'm now using to type that up. Then I erased everything of mine off Tannon's laptop except eh wallpaper whcih is that shot of Hachi, Nana, Loki, and Fred in front of Bonnie's grave, at the top of this thread, minus the text.

I tried to figure out which clothes came from him but only a few are obvious, and those are set aside in a box with the laptop so he can have them back, once I run into someone that knows him that can take the stuff to him. I have plenty of stuff from other people now so I don't need them anyway. I certainly don't want to wear them and be reminded of today.

I apologize to Patty for all this, because she's just caught in the middle and none of it is her fault. I appreciate very much the help she's given and that she would have probably continued to do today if he hadn't been her ride home.

Read my previous post if you haven't.

Tannon will be back when he calms down a bit. I will also come back down as soon as I'm able to, both physically and financially. I had to leave for a few reasons, one being that I was physically exhausted, tired of the city and basically worthless, another one was that I felt bad for my dogs, who were burning up in the heat and diahrreaing everywhere, and the big one was that I thought that one of my friends was about to take off with a thousand dollars worth of my stuff. Thankfully I was wrong and he wasn't responding because he was just overloaded with life, as most of us are. Once SRP has come back and dropped power and I've had a chance to rest and take care of a few things on my end, I'll come back down and help as much as I can.

You haven't chased anyone away. Humans just suck and egos are a big part of the problem. You witnessed a tiny bit of that from the guy that was helping build the shed. He was there for his own reasons, probably to make himself feel better for killing kids in Iraq or something. When you suggested that we build the shed your way (which we did BTW), he took it as an insult to his intelligence, got hot headed, and left. I'm glad he did because my ego almost made me pound him when he yelled at you.

Anyway, your situation and your stuff seems normal to you because you're used to it and you know why you have all of that stuff. I can identify because on some level, I see the value and reasoning in keeping a lot of it too, but to regular folks (non inventor/tinkerer types that is), cleaning that up is a huge task and can be overwhelming. When they see you doing something that doesn't make sense to them and that, in their eyes, is making the task even more difficult, it's not surprising that some of them can't hang. Always remember, people are just people and most of them have some pretty shitty/selfish tendencies which you just have to overlook unless you want to be like me. When I came down, I made it a point to put my ego aside as much as possible and to just do what you wanted me to do. I have a very logical mind and no attachment to material belongings so I knew that I was going to want to do things differently than you most likely would. Had I been in your situation, I probably would have thrown everything away, just to not be reminded of the past, and I would have started over from scratch......but I am not you and I know that you feel differently about things and I respect that so I tried to do everything your way. The only reason that I didn't cut the base boards into small pieces like you asked was that the only saw blade we had was barely able to make the cuts that were necessary and having a little too much experience with those sheds, I knew that the way we were doing it would make the whole thing go up easily, which it did.

As far as the situation with Tannon goes, I met that guy. He's a great guy. I'm sure that he would have fixed the fence had he broken it, and on top of it all, there's a bigger fence outside of it that's going to be there for a while so probably, as far as he was concerned, the inner fence was a very low priority. Carrying all of that stuff one item at a time for a hundred feet would have been much more difficult than carrying it ten feet and probably would have taken five days instead of one. Tannon only had one day and saw that there was no way that much was going to get done on that day so that, combined with the perceived insult to his intelligence is probably what drove him away. So the moral of the story is, when people are helping you, just try to let them help you in their way, and conversely, when you're helping someone else, try to put your ego aside as much as possible.

About me not wanting help, that couldn't be further from the truth. If you were a neurosurgeon, I'd bring the whiskey and you'd be cutting away. Unfortunately though, you're not, and even if my neck was fixed, it still doesn't take away the fact that, for a long time, I've been and still am extremely let down by my species. Look at my for sale thread and you'll see that I've been suicidal for a while now. (The negative connotations that our society put on suicide make no sense to me BTW) Hope has become a mean joke to me and there's nothing you or anyone else can do to fix that. That's the reason I haven't responded to the people above offering help or taken any donations. Survival on earth has become an effort that doesn't make sense to me and nothing short of a full on apocalypse where all of the greedy ignorant people die and my neck is magically healed will change that.

That being said, I'm not going anywhere in the short term. Just like you have months of work ahead of you before your life is back to normal, I have a few months of work ahead of me before I'm going to feel ready to check out. Just because I can't seem to feel hope doesn't mean you should give up on yours too. You have people that love you and will help you if you let them......so please, just let them. Save what you can and just let what goes....go. I promise you that you won't miss any of it in a year.

I'll get in touch as soon as I'm able to come back down. It might be a week or two because I need to get rid of enough stuff so I can fit everything in my trailer and not leave a pile of loose ends laying around here. Also have to fix the trailer and make sure the dogs are in a good home. Phoenix in the summer is no place for dogs! Anyway, take some days off and do something fun for yourself. I highly recommend the El Dorado Hot Springs in Tonopah. Maybe you and Bill could go?

My apologies to all for "speaking" the way I did; I have edited my language from my earlier angry state--the original is still preserved in the post history though.

It's perfectly ok to say things like you feel them. :wink:

I forgot to suggest something too. Since it was easy enough for Tannon to pull the fence posts out and I doubt that you were able to pound them back into the ground, you could get a couple short sections of chain and and a couple of cheap locks and weave them around the spots where the hoops on the fence sections go over the poles. That way, even if someone else pulls the pole up, the fence sections will stay put. Another better alternative would be to use locking hitch pins and drill holes below the hoops on each pole. I'm sure that the fence company wouldn't care one bit about a half inch hole in each post, if they even noticed, and this would prevent anyone from pulling the post out. Cost $20ish + 1/2 inch drill bit + cordless drill

That being said, when I was there, I saw a few people drive through slowly but they didn't seem like criminals to me. Just other broke people seeing if they could make a buck, probably looking to see if anything interested them so they could contact you about scrapping it for you.

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/9601576938526895007?q=locking%20hitch%20pin&client=firefox-a&hs=m6Z&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.46751780,d.cGE&biw=1366&bih=702&sa=X&ei=SDiYUdDkF4LFigLu7YGACA&ved=0CIQBEPMCMAI

Amber, back in the day we used to track the company "accident/scrap rate" and the amount of overtime hours, not surprisingly there was a strong correlation. You have been under heavy stress. Add to that not sleeping, and "stuff" is going to happen. I feel for you. Take care of yourself physically. You can only push the biological engine "so far..." then bad things happen. Especially in that Arizona heat.

Perhaps it is easier for me to see that you are doing the right thing and trying to encourage you from afar... sometimes it's easier than being there. Today was an over whelming day for you, and you prioritized. You basically said, I can't save all the "stuff" and "this job is overwhelming." You know how they say you eat an elephant? ... one bite at a time. You are doing that, and also deciding that perhaps eating a smaller piglet may be easier! :p You blew a relief valve today, guess what it happens... :oops: You did the right thing, regroup and move on. To the extent you can, try not to dwell upon the lapse today. As they say "stuff happens."

Make sure you have the good family momento's saved, and your creative stuff. Also pictures and tools and things like that. I believe you can replace all the scrounged material with time. Some projects may come later, perhaps some not at all, but you might be surprised that some better ones may happen that you never expected.

Life is a journey. I appreciate that "change" for you is extremely stressful. As I get older, and the vigor of my youth leaves me, I start to appreciate the days when I could do "anything" and carry a bundle of shingles up on a roof, one on each shoulder... now walking down stairs pains my ol' knees... It takes me two days to do what I did in two hours. I am trying to look forward and not back. To savor today and who it holds and what it holds and not think about ... "what could be", but enjoy "what is."

It will be hard for you, but continue as you are to define essentials and focus as best you can on that. It sure appears you had a lot, and I mean a lot of "stuff." In a way, I am surprised the landlord didn't say anything about all of it, you must have a great and understanding landlord. In a few months you will have a brand new, squeeky clean house and the chance to be surrounded with some furry new friends!

I also need to apologize to you. I had a little side track the last two weeks... I had a little accident on the backhoe and thought I broke a toe/metatarsil... the foot was sure black and blue enough... then the wife's truck needed a new waterpump and hoses. What a hoot that was with the foot all swollen and sore to do. I used to be able to do that in 3 hours... it took 3 days! The good news is your special trackball came and I tested it and it works. I'll get the desktop and that out to you next week, I promise! :mrgreen:

Take care Amber, and "get some sleep!"

It sounds like you guys need to get a couple of wheelbarrows. You load one up with stuff from the pile and take it to whomever is to be the unload-er. When you get to the unload-er they'll have a nice empty wheelbarrow waiting for you to take back and fill up again. Are you beginning to see the pattern?

amberwolf said:
Well, today sucked almsot as bad as yesterday. Maybe it's actually worse. i haven't decided yet.

I drove away another former friend, so I guess that's two in two days, and strained my back and arms and legs and neck.

I am exhausted past being tired or sleepy, after almost no sleep at all last night, just dozing a moment then waking, over and over, after all the horribly stressful events of yesterday, on top of all the disasters before that. I managed to actually fall asleep just long enough before the alarm to be completley and utterly unable to function normally when it went off--probably about 15-20 minutes based on what I know of myself and the times .............

Amberwolf, my friend, two things, and please forgive me if this post seems callous, and uncaring but I don't want you to suffer like I did.

1) It sounds to me like you are feeling the effects of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It is something that happened to me after the 1994 Northridge earthquake when the building I was living in on Santa Monica Beach was so thoroughly destroyed at 4:30 AM that at first light, just after 6 AM the building was condemned by Santa Monica Building and Safely. I found myself and the 350+ other people living in it were rendered homeless with all our belonging and animals locked up in the building. No entrance allowed!

If you feel your mind is cloudy and you can't think right, feel agitated and argumentative and cant sleep then what you are going through is normal for what happened to you. And, you are probably suffering from PTSD. That is normal for what happened to you. For me it cost me my real estate business and put me $35,000.00 in debt because I couldn't function for about 1 year. It cost me business and friends and left me in deep debt. Please don't let it happen to you.

2) Find a professional to talk to about your horrible experience to accelerate the healing, and.....and this is a big and....get yourself a new dog ASAP. Like today. I know that they won't replace your other dogs but you have so much love to give and there are many dogs that don't have a loving "dad". None of us like to think about what happens to dogs at the dog pounds "shelters" and so many get destroyed every day. I am sure that there is one waiting for you to walk in and claim as your own. Nothing but love will come from that dog. Any you will have another loving friend who will follow you anywhere no questions asked.

You can make it work. We have faith in you! We all do!

With solidarity!

:D

Amber, you are sorting so many fragments. You deserve to sort them precisely as they warrent. Anyone who has ever had a life reduced to fragments...they know...these things have a life of their own...they were a part of your emotional landscape and having them taken from you...it is not right. I have held onto things for years, useless things to anyone else...but to me they were things I needed somehow...and eventually I came upon them again and was ready to part with them, or put them into another life. Some...it was so good to throw in the trash. But they needed to complete some cycle.

Know this...we are all leaking...sadness, or love, or anger, or knowledge...we all leak, and these fragments in your life...we see them and I recognize them...they find little holes in each of us that leak and these fragments settle and start to slow the leaking until people fill with something...and I want you to know that they fill me with some really good things...and I am not alone.

This is small consolation. But I look at the pictures of your dogs...these fragments...God...they are beautiful...and only you know how beautiful...and only you know the true loss. Make sure they stay beautiful. Other stuff keep or chuck. Some stuff i thought was so valuable...it wasn't. It was important for me to keep so I could throw it out. Throw it out. Throw out this whole Bsaihgoishit experience, and never ever let any of these fragments of these dogs get lost...especially in you. Being tired, stressed...this leads to stuff that is not really you. Rarely is it good. But never identify yourself with it. You owe it to your dogs and yourself

None of these fragments are going to stop your leaking...and it is wrong for me to even put myself into all of this. Your fragments are more like forming a new planet. But...I just imagine things into what I see, guilty of that as anyone, and I just hope you take some time. Some time with your dogs, your dogs when you and they found the order, not when this whole lgkjgpuitfonigomiugluig;ui;igmuuibh;imn;il disorder took over.

I know you won't lose these things because they are part of who you are. Who knows if this helps? Don't respond. Do not get pulled away. People want to help though. Nobody knows how, not exactly.

I know this sounds strange but I would get rid of the junk first in this case. It does 2 things. It looks like your getting something done and you feel like you are not spinning your wheels on this. You get some money in and it don't draw attention to your stuff you are keeping and you have more space. I haul stuff with a two wheel garden cart. One other thing ... some junk yards will pickup and pay you for your junk and it may in your case be the best thing to do. They do the hard work and you get some money and save your back and the stress involved. At $200 a ton I can't see you having over a ton. If they picked it up and gave me $50 I would be laughing to the bank.
It is hard to keep track of but it seems like you have one shed to fill and you can't store any more stuff. At that point you can wait for the house to finish and start slowly moving the things you need into the house when it's done.
When I move I normally use only 50-60% of the boxes and that is my junk. 80% I sell or donate to goodwill (get a tax write off).

Just some things to think about

I am a metal collector too. When my metal pile reaches a estimated $100 value, (about one truck full) I drag everything to the driveway and sort steel, aluminum, copper, etc. I then sell it to my neighbor for $20. He sorts and disassembles stuff some more then takes it to the scrap yard. I then start over and collect more metal.

Amber - Don't worry about your friend. Suspect his underwear was too tight? Chill, relax, he will be back. I also sometimes have trouble getting along with other people. I have been called a asshole so many times I am now thinking of going to school to learn to be a Proctologist.

emiyata said:
I know this sounds strange but I would get rid of the junk first in this case.
I assume you're not reading the updates because they're too long-winded and convoluted, but that is exactly what was being done yesterday when I screwed up and drove Tannon off, and then injured myself fixing the fence back and trashing a bunch of (mostly unwanted) stuff in anger.

Now since I can't do as much to help move or load things, and during weekdays people are typically busy during the time the recycling places are open, it's going to be at least a week before I can try this again, once I find another couple of strong friends to help me with it, at least one of whom has to be able to drive a big truck or pull a trailer with his/her own vehicle.

some junk yards will pickup and pay you for your junk and it may in your case be the best thing to do.
None of the ones I know of around here will do that. They'll pick up but won't pay you anything. They just take it. if you are a commercial place with tons of stuff then they will sometimes pay.

Some of them *say* they will pay for stuff but they don't actually give you the money after they do it. I had this happen with that old 85 Ford LTD when I had to have it hauled off back when I had my broken ankle and other problems. Was supposed to get $50 for it but didn't, and the guy wouldn't return my calls.

So not dealing with that method. I'd rather leave it all out in the alley for local scrappers to make their money to live on, than to just give it directly to the companies.

It is hard to keep track of but it seems like you have one shed to fill and you can't store any more stuff. At that point you can wait for the house to finish and start slowly moving the things you need into the house when it's done.
Sure. that way all the stuff that's not in a shed can be nicely destroyed by the winds and rains (fall/winter) and sun (summer). :roll: Given the present situation that's probably going to happen anyway to some degree; some plastic things were already destroyed by the sun; warped and bent when they had not been after the fire itself.

I have one more shed kit that can be built if necessary. I don't think it will be, because by the time I get rid of the stuff I don't want I should be able to actually walk into each of the existing three bigger sheds and get to the remaining stuff I am actually keeping. It is likely that the large furniture pieces that will go back in the house, and the chairs and stuff that survived, will all just sit inside the shell of the small shed that was moved.

But until I can sort stuff out, *after* I have the degradeable stuff in the sheds, there won't be room for other things.

It's simply giong to be a lot of work. I had been doing this all already, for months (years, actually) but now I have to do it all at once and in the hot sun outside, without any of the things that made it tolerable (even easy sometimes) when I still had a home and my fuzzy kids to take my mind off things.

lbz5mc12 said:
It sounds like you guys need to get a couple of wheelbarrows. You load one up with stuff from the pile and take it to whomever is to be the unload-er. When you get to the unload-er they'll have a nice empty wheelbarrow waiting for you to take back and fill up again. Are you beginning to see the pattern?
Unless it is a wheelbarrow with four wheels I couldn't lift and move it. I can use a 2wheel dolly for a lot of things because I can slowly lift one end up until the load is balanced on the center of the two wheels, and then it's almost efortless except for getting it moving and stopping it. A typical one-wheeled wheelbarrow I'd just dump eveyrhting onto the ground as soon as I tried to lift it.

Myplan was to use the dollies to mvoe the stuff, but plans don't matter anymore.

I appreciate the thoughts of other people here, but since apparently none of you actually understand how I feel about all this stuff, none of your solutions are really completely practical for me.

Sure, I could jsut abandon it all. But doing that would tear me up inside as much as the last few days have, and I might as well just sit in a corner and rock myself in tears again, and not bother going back to work or doing anythign else useful for the next half year, until I have a house to live in again, and can find dogs to rescue me from the complete aloneness I feel, and then can start spending the next few years finding the bits and pieces to do the things i wanted to do again.

That's even less practical than doing what I am doing. I know none of you (no one else around me at all, actually) can understand that, but that's how it is.

If the fire had literally destroyed everything, it would be different--it would have all been done with and over. I probably could have eventually moved on, though it would have been a lot harder than it is now. But it didnt'. It left me with some things I still need, even if I still have to find them amongst all the detritus of five lives.

I suppose the one good thing from yesterday is that I had time to just sit/lay down and do almost nothing, and try to rest. New nightmares didn't let me sleep long at a time, but I might have gotten a total of a whole normal (for me) night's sleep, over teh whole day and night. I might go ahead and try to sleep some more later, but right now I have too many things buzzing in my head to do that.

e-beach said:
If you feel your mind is cloudy and you can't think right, feel agitated and argumentative and cant sleep then what you are going through is normal for what happened to you. And, you are probably suffering from PTSD. That is normal for what happened to you. For me it cost me my real estate business and put me $35,000.00 in debt because I couldn't function for about 1 year. It cost me business and friends and left me in deep debt. Please don't let it happen to you.
It probably is PTSD, but it's not just "Post"--the trauma continues, each week there is a new one to pile onto the old ones. If it had happened all at once maybe I would be more able to get over it. But like most things in life, this one takes a chunk at a time. Then again, maybe I would have been so traumatized that what happened to you would have happened to me. So maybe it's better this way. I don't know. I cna't know. I don't want to know.

I don't intend to let it happen to me. That is one reason I am working so hard to save what I can of my life before, and keep going with my life as it has been before all this, no matter how hard it is to do so. Deep down, I want to crawl into a hole and pull it in after me, but it won't help anything or anyone, even myself. It won't help all the dogs out there that still need me, even though we haven't yet met and don't even know each other exists yet.

2) Find a professional to talk to about your horrible experience to accelerate the healing, and.....and this is a big and....get yourself a new dog ASAP.
You don't know how much I wish I could. I am guessing that you havent' read the thread updates either; not surprising since they're mostly ultra-long rambles like this one probably will be, too.

Until I have my house back, I have nowhere to home one at. A coworker has volunteered to foster one for me when I find one, but she has been preparing for her wedding which was either yesterday or will be next week. (I don't know; I wasnt' invited; it's up north where she used to live). So I expect she'll be occupied with all that for a while, and not available to do the fostering (or me coming over to visit all the time, which if I can't do then I might as well not bother).

I can't just go get an apartment to live in and ahve the dog at--I don't thnk I shoudl be living alone without another human friend around right now. I would *rather* be living alone...but it's not a good idea yet.

I have put a LOT of thought into how to get fuzzy puppy kids back into my life, because I've already gone four times longer without one than I have in my whole life, and it is not helping me. I've seen a few that if they werent' already with someone else I'd love to have. But they have homes already, and dont' need me.

I've gone to adoption events and shelters whenever I could, and seen a few that if I had my home back I'd've taken with me RIGHT THEN. But I can't, yet.

As for the "professional help"...Talking with friends that *actually* listen to me and *actually* care about what I feel and think, even if they dont' really understand me any better than the professionals would, is far far better than talking to someone trained to *seem* like they care, but who really is probably bored listening to yet another broken soul pour out their heart, or worse, try to drag their story out of them, and make sure to hit all the bullet points on the list of things to say and ask to help them on the way to figuring things out on their own.

I can do that myself with all the friends I have that will still listen to me, and that wont' run away just because I can't handle the stress of the moment and burst out at them for a second, undeservingly.

If I really need it, I have the number and address of the place my workplace pays for a handful of sessions for. But since after taht it'd be on my own dime, and I'm sure it would take a lot more than a few sessions to talk all this out, I'd much rather do it with friends that already know me at least a little than start from scratch with a stranger that doesnt' actually care and will only see me a few times before I can't go anymore.

Sancho's Horse said:
A I have held onto things for years, useless things to anyone else...but to me they were things I needed somehow...and eventually I came upon them again and was ready to part with them, or put them into another life. Some...it was so good to throw in the trash. But they needed to complete some cycle.
Yes. This is what has happeend with a lot of this stuff already--stuff I had from before, from other losses and other times. Tossing it out MYSELF is fine, even helpful and cathartic. Having OTHER people toss it out is not, and it makes things much worse, just adding loss and anger and fear to my assortment of crap in the squirrelcage spinning in my head.

Your fragments are more like forming a new planet.
[/quote]
There are almost enough of them to make one. :lol:

In other news, I fixed the speaker on that little Yamaha toy music keyboard, so while the sound is horrible and the thing is almost unplayable, I can at least play music when I really really have to. Turned out the speaker was just not plugged in inside, on the headphone output board. :roll:

If it had MIDI output I could use my TG33 sound box or the computer to play sounds from, but it doesnt', so it can only play the handful of dinky FM sounds it's got built in. (the piano sounds more like a bad imitation of a nylon-stringed guitar with it's soundbox stuffed full of towels)

I would really love to find the parts for my ASR88 instead, but I think that is going to take a long time, if ever. Syntaur doesn't respond and I think maybe they have gone under even though their site and phone number are still active. :( They were the only parts source i knew of or have found so far. I think I will probably have to find a used one on Ebay to either replace mine or to fix it.

I think that today I might see if Guitar Center up in teh same shopping center as my home store for work has the pegs and strings and bridge plastic to fix my sister's old guitar. Then I'll at least have somethign that makes tolerable sounds, evne if I can't play it like I would a keyboard, it will be a lot more soothing than the little Yamaha. If they don't, I'll have to check around for antoher guitar place that migth be open Sundays, or else try Monday or somethign.

Things are starting to come together so that I can come back down. Today, I'm making a list of all of my tools and packing them up separately so I can take them all to the used tool store in Prescott on Tuesday. They might not buy everything but they'll probably buy the big stuff and will definitely consign whatever they won't buy. I don't know how the small stuff will go but I'm thinking that if everything's all listed out well that they might consign it too. Either way, it should free up enough room in the trailer that I can fit everything in it so I won't have to leave a pile of stuff behind here. I'm thinking that if I get enough money from everything that I might be able to buy a quiet generator that can be run all day without rattling your neighbors brains so badly. I don't know if it will run the welder but if it can run my AC unit, it will make it possible for me to stay down there for a bit. I probably lost ten lbs in sweat last time I was down there and the dogs still have the emergency runs from eating all of the cat poop in the neighborhood! Tootsie rolls! If the generator won't run the welder or I can't get one, maybe we can charge up a few of those batteries that you have and do some welding on shelves with the left over 6011 rod that I have? I've done it successfully before with three car batteries, a few sets of jumper cables, and a bucket of salt water as a resistor to regulate current and I was able to make some nice looking strong welds on rusty 1/4" plate. Tomorrow, when I can get into the shop at work, I'm going to extend the tongue on the trailer, fix the tongue jack, and fix the tail light that I broke trying to squeeze it into your yard. I'm hoping that I can get everything done as planned but things might take a day or two longer than expected...as usual....

Anyway, I really want to be there for you and will get back down there asap.

On another note, I sent an email to Tannon in hopes of coordinating the next scrap attempt and I really hope that I'm wrong....but that guy might be......a giant cunt. Either way, don't worry about him. I may be a mess but I can still haul stuff and drive a uhaul. :wink: Sometimes, when the shit goes down, you just find out who your real friends are which can be a blessing in disguise. Don't worry about it. 8)

Also, if you can, try to round up all of the pieces for your keyboard and get them on top where they're accessible. I'm sure that as long as the bigger chips are functional that I can get it working good as new again. That actually sounds like less of a challenge than the scrap pile, in particular if it's just some damaged traces and maybe bad caps. I'll get that done first while there's still a pile of old electronics for parts. :wink: I think I still have the service manual on my computer. If we can't fix it, I know a guy with a studio in his rv so maybe we can quit working while we still have enough energy and you can let some music out. It heals the soul if anything does!

BTW, I fixed my computer last night/this morning. One of the upgraded ram cards was having issues with the heat. I found another one in my "useless pile of junk" and it seems to be working perfectly. :wink:

bigmoose said:
I also need to apologize to you. I had a little side track the last two weeks... I had a little accident on the backhoe and thought I broke a toe/metatarsil... the foot was sure black and blue enough... then the wife's truck needed a new waterpump and hoses. What a hoot that was with the foot all swollen and sore to do. I used to be able to do that in 3 hours... it took 3 days! The good news is your special trackball came and I tested it and it works. I'll get the desktop and that out to you next week, I promise! :mrgreen:
There is no need to apologize; I'm arleady grateful enough that you sent the laptop and stuff--it's being used to type this up on now. And hurting yourself is no fun; especially toes! I've never broken anythign but that ankle at the Death Race 2011, but that was debilitating enough to keep me from doing a lot of things for months. Have defiinitely hurt myself just before the poitn of breakage, though, lots and lots and lots of times. So I can sypmathize very well.

(Although the laptop is being used as a "slim desktop" with an external keyboard, monitor, and trackball, because I have to hunt and peck on laptop keyboards, and tracksticks are terribly hard to use, despite being nice and compact as a pointing device. Have to use the external monitor because even though it's resolution is no better, it is almost 3x the surface area and so teh text is actually large enough to read while still having almost enough stuff on screen to do things.)

I had thought I would use one of my old CRT monitors, a couple of which had been nice 21" 1600x1200 types, but none of them work--all of them rattle, whcih means whoever moved them out of the house didn't treat them very nicely, and probably broke the CRTs at the neck or something. :(

So I'm using an old LCD Viewsonic TV/monitor that is probably 17" and 1024x768. At some point I will have to go find a 21" non-widescreen that will do 1600x1200 (or a much larger widescreen one so that it will still be at least as tall a picture as the 21" non-widescreen). Never seen any at Goodwill/etc or yardsales, so probably am going to have to buy one.

mdd0127 said:
T the dogs still have the emergency runs from eating all of the cat poop in the neighborhood! Tootsie rolls!
Probably also from whoever that was that gave them the dog food banquet. :(

If the generator won't run the welder or I can't get one, maybe we can charge up a few of those batteries that you have and do some welding on shelves with the left over 6011 rod that I have?
Well, I don't think I could do that welding, at least not well enough to be sure they'd be secure, as it has been way too long since I did stick welding (nearly 30 years), and I sucked at ti then, anyway. :lol:

Anyway, I really want to be there for you and will get back down there asap.
No hurry. Stuff is what it is and will sit as long as it sits, and help is appreciated no matter how little. Right now I don't think either of us is in any condition to be moving stuff around anyway.

On another note, I sent an email to Tannon in hopes of coordinating the next scrap attempt and I really hope that I'm wrong....but that guy might be......a giant cunt. Either way, don't worry about him. I may be a mess but I can still haul stuff and drive a uhaul. :wink:
I don't plan on dealing with him anymore. Patty, sure, but not him. I can't deal with someone that coudl be set off at any moment and then just run away and leave me alone like that, instead of pausing and cooling off and working it out like an adult human being. I appreciate him for the friend he has been in the past, and all the help he has given me until that moment. But that moment made me remember all the other little times I was uncomfortable because of his actions and attitudes, and realize that I am better off not dealing with it anymore. I can only take so much, and that was the last straw.

Sometimes, when the shit goes down, you just find out who your real friends are which can be a blessing in disguise.
I supose that's true. I have discovered I have a lot of fair-weather friends, and though I think no less of them for that, at least I know who I can call on if something this bad ever happens again, and who not to bother.

Back