Enertionboards.com | 5x1.5 Inch All-Terrain-Wheel

666yeti666 said:
aha, and what''s your board ? pics please !
The wheels is not on the board yet but the board is finished with xt wheels. I will post some pics soon in my casterboard thread.

Got my wheels yesterday.. overall impressions.. niceeeee bud, great work

A bit of feedback though:

-Some of the holes where the bearings go are extremely tight.. probably because of the anodizing? I tried 3 different brands of bearings and none of them would 'fit' into a couple of the holes.. had to bang them in with a rubber mallet, which obviously isn't good for the bearings. The majority of the holes are fine though, bearings slide in nicely.. strange.

-The valve caps don't fit. They are too big, or the stems are too small? the caps look to be 'standard' size, nonetheless, they are 'too big'

-$48.63 extra customs charges, arghhhh. No way to get around that? I've received a lot of packages in order to build this board and thats the first time I got nailed with additional shipping charges after paying shipping.

BUT.. awesome wheels :D

RomeoEG said:
-Some of the holes where the bearings go are extremely tight.. probably because of the anodizing? I tried 3 different brands of bearings and none of them would 'fit' into a couple of the holes.. had to bang them in with a rubber mallet, which obviously isn't good for the bearings. The majority of the holes are fine though, bearings slide in nicely.. strange.

Put the bearings in the freezer and slightly warm the rim. But not too much heat because the rubber and aluminium can loose its integrity.

RomeoEG said:
Got my wheels yesterday.. overall impressions.. niceeeee bud, great work

A bit of feedback though:

-The valve caps don't fit. They are too big, or the stems are too small? the caps look to be 'standard' size, nonetheless, they are 'too big'

-$48.63 extra customs charges, arghhhh. No way to get around that? I've received a lot of packages in order to build this board and thats the first time I got nailed with additional shipping charges after paying shipping.

BUT.. awesome wheels :D

I have the exact same problems..very nice machine work and anodising ( if a little heavy..maybe some pocketing out would improve weight but would increase machine cost)- overall - i'm impressed at the value..
-yes the bearing seats need to be slightly larger...
- valve caps don't fit..not bothered at all though..
I had the same customs charge and i think its because Jason used UPS fast shipping and in my experience they charge a fee for 'helping' the parcels get through customs..its a load of bollox.... I send my kits all over the world using Royal mail and only rarely do my customers get charged.. So just don't use UPS again Jason mate..
great work...

Is it possible to get higher (significantly higher) pressure tubes in these tyres? It says 30 psi on the tyre? I think some people have had them up to 40-60 psi?

Back