Error 30 Code on an 8FUN rear hub.

eanp

1 µW
Hi

I've just bought a collection of bits for a nominal sum in an effort to prove a principle before I splash out on the real stuff.

In the bits is a Bafang 8FUN rear hub motor 36v 250w, BF1609H66526-1 along with a KD21C display. When I rough connect them together with the battery pack etc I get an Error30 code on the display. This I think is a communication error code. So as there is no 'external' controller in the set up is it likely that the issue lies within the Hub motor as I assume that the controller is internal to the motor on this model. Am I right on these assumptions.

If I am right is the issue likely to be tackled by opening the motor and having a look at the controller assembly etc?

Ahhhhh I've just found that the 'controller' is built into the end of the battery mount. Its a Panda E bikes unit LSW1406-2F ...... Thicko me!!

Sorted.....all good it turned out to be the display at fault!

Did the display come with the system? If not, it may not be compatible with it, and communication errors are not uncommon in those cases (sometimes you just get no info on the display, it depends on how the display firmware works).

To be sure a display is compatible with a controller, they should be bought together as a kit. If they're not, even if the models are "known" to be compatible with each other, they could have incompatible firmware and be unable to communicate correctly, or at all. :(

Back