Everything about The Parameter designer Keywin E-bike Lab

Doctorbass

100 GW
Everything about: The Parameter designer Keywin E-bike Lab

I think it would be nice to have ONE thread for everything that relate to the software to program our Infineon/Crystalyte controller. I mean Putting here every info, advices, discovers, experience, tests, etc, about that software.

Here is the link about the possible advance timing: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12249

Here is the link about the Speed governor switch ( it limit the max speed with 3 different preseted value):
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12080

Btw...
One question about the Phase current:

Why we have the option to seperatly adjust the phase current and the current?.. I mean.. usualy the phase current is like 2.5 time the battery current?.. why we should change this ratio? What about just changing the phase current value and not the battery current? What would be the result?

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN.. THE BEST WOULD BE TO KEEP IT AS A PURE & FAST SOURCE OF INFO ABOUT THE PARAMETER DESIGNER! :wink:

Doc

Most of it is already documented in this thread in the Technical Reference area:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7531

There are some new setting available in this version of the software. Here is the description of those new settings:

Guard Level: The controller has a anti-theft feature which is activated through the TB pin. This sets the polarity of that signal. The default should be 0:Low. In this mode, a low signal on the TB pin will lock the motor from turning. Presumably, this signal would come from a external alarm system. In the 1:High setting, a high signal on TB will lock the motor. In order to use the High mode, you must remove the 51K ohm resistor at location R75.

Bar Protect: This is a throttle fault protection feature. When active (1:Yes), it will shut off the motor if the throttle input is shorted to +5V. Normally WOT is around 4V, so if the wires short, or the hall sensor shorts, it should go close to 5V.

1:1 Design: This is for pedal assist sensor operation. The options are 0:Fast and 1:Slow, but another document says 0:False and 1:True.

P3 Design: This sets the function of the P3 LED output. When set to 0, the P3 output is active when in cruise control mode. When set to 1, the P3 output will also blink a trouble code when a fault is detected. The P3 output (along with the speed LED signals P1 and P2) can be active high or active low depending on the setting of "Indicate Mode". For active low, set it to 0:Comm VCC (all LEDs share a common + voltage). For active high, set it to 1:Comm GND (all LEDs share a common ground).

--Bill

Anything new that's not in the Technical Reference thread should be added there. I can copy from here, but it would be easier if it was posted directly there. Anyone who wants to post in that section needs to be made a Guru to have permission to post. Just PM me.

Doctorbass said:
One question about the Phase current:

Why we have the option to seperatly adjust the phase current and the current?.. I mean.. usualy the phase current is like 2.5 time the battery current?.. why we should change this ratio? What about just changing the phase current value and not the battery current? What would be the result?

I didn't see this phase current question answered. Wondering if someone could help with insights.

I would like to set the phase current limit to protect both the motor and the controller. AFAIK it is high phase current, not high input current (what we usually limit) that would blow the FET's (or wiring) in the controller. For instance, my 6FET analog Crystalyte has a 30A current limit. Feeding a relatively high impedance 9C 2809 the 30A input current limit results in a peak phase current of 80-90A, close to the max of the irfb4110. Were I to change to a lower impedance motor the phase current would also increase, and perhaps blow the controller. Similarly if I increased the input current limit, the phase current would increase. However, If I could limit phase current to say 80A, I could do either or both of the above without harm, right?

Since I have an analog Crystalyte, I cannot change the phase current limit. However, it might be possible with the Infineon. Did anyone verify that it actually works? Why is the phase current box in the programming interface (below) marked red?
inf1.jpg

My particular hope/plan would be to run an Astro 8150 RC motor and try some different phase current limits up to maybe 150A and have total input current set to say 100A. Therefore I'm wondering if the Infineon will do the trick for me.

A phase current limit would also limit maximum torque. This would be of interest for BMC and similar hubs where the mechanics of the clutch and gears seems to be the weak link. Setting a phase current limit could decrease stress and increase life of these parts. Without a limit I suspect the phase current can be very high. The BMC V2S I just got from shinyballs has a 0.07Ohm Ri, four times less than my 9C.

That's what I want to know: Does the "phase current" limiter actually work? I have an interest in limiting the hub torque to ensure dropout longevity. At the voltages and currents I'll be working at otherwise, I'm looking at ridiculously strong startup torque.

Back