Not open for further replies.

DrkAngel

1 GW

Attachments

• 2011TrailzMs.jpg
    2011TrailzMs.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 2,752
I can barely contain my excitement.

Nothing wrong with a heads up, to the working poor, cheap retirees, and students out there. I rode one once, on 36v, and was pretty impressed. Noisy, but quite functional. The 24v version was a dog though.

I had a 24v version of one of these for about a month.. just needed something to ride when i was having hub motor troubles early on. Safe to say, I have no positive things to say about these bikes at all. They're total slugs on hills.. they're crazy heavy.. and their range just sucks..

Here are endless sphere, we are at the forefront of high performance, innovation, and efficiency in electric bikes.
Having had read what's going on here in the forums, seeing people's amazing results, why would you want to buy one of the slowest, oldest design, lowest efficiency, heaviest bikes for sale ..?

A great "starter" eBike!
At the very worst ... it will help you decide:
What features you want-need in a "real" eBike.
Could save you a fortune, in a "wrong" purchase.

Newer models use a much quieter motor.
Some report that, some newer models use an easily replaceable motor freewheel = simple $20 upgrade to 20mph.

Standard "salers" include:

Walmart.com
Amazon.com
Toys-R-Us.com
Bestbuy.com

Will try to keep my eye on them all.
Occasionally, they even offer free shipping ...
or free shipping to store.

What can I expect from from the EZip Trailz?
EZip Basics ... Electric Bike or Electric Assist Bike

What can I do to improve it?
1st ... cheapest best improvement! EZip - IZip 20mph Upgrade $20! - 16 to 20 mph upgrade
More?
Voltage upgrade 36V - about $50 for a controller = 50% higher speed & torque
44.4V upgrade - about $50 for a controller - 44 MAGNUM - 30+++ mph - 1.11HP
Larger-better battery
Homemade Battery Packs
7 mile range increased to 40-50+ miles - no pedaling - cost? recycled cells - about $40-50

DrkAngel, Please don't waste your time and efford justifying the Currie bikes. There are some who will love them and there are those who will not. There is no question that they fill a nitch in the industry but like any factory or even custom built ebike it will not sadify everyone.

Most members of ES are great and very helpful individuals. But like all forums there are alwys going to be those individuals who feel if it's not something their interested in then it must be inferior and not worthy of them. And of course they feel the need to put it down.

I say keep up your good work and continue posting your creative ideas and very useful information. And if someone does like the Currie bike then they don't have to read your postings.

Bob

dumbass said:
Most members of ES are great and very helpful individuals. But like all forums there are alwys going to be those individuals who feel if it's not something their interested in then it must be inferior and not worthy of them. And of course they feel the need to put it down.

Don't forget that many of the members spend thousands on their eBikes ...
A few might be a bit resentful that others can pick up a "starter" ebike for $300+.
I've picked up an EZip for $258, sold the battery and charger for $120, built my own recycled batteries, made simple upgrades ... so, for a total cash cost of less than $250 I have an eBike, capable of 30mph and 40-50 miles, near 100 miles range if I carry both batteries. From what I've read, others have spent thousands to achieve similar, or lesser, performance. The more pitiable might even be upset about this and become hostile ...

dumbass said:
I say keep up your good work and continue posting your creative ideas and very useful information. And if someone does like the Currie bike then they don't have to read your postings.

Bob

And no ... I wouldn't say I try to "justify" the Currie bikes, I merely try to inform others of "bargains", with a reasonable education as to the items.

Oh damnit drkangel.. you hit the nail on the head.

[youtube]UD_K_TRGcs4[/youtube]

Wish i wouldn't have spent $1,300 on this.. what a waste.. I don't need the 60 mile range, light weight, 40mph speed, disc brakes, quality components, or long lasting battery :(

Should have picked up the eZip.. 68lbs, 15mph, and lead acid = fan-tastic.
I bought a 1 year old eZip bike for $160.. sold it 1 month later for $120, then proceeded to build bikes that could climb hills.. what was i thinking?

DRKANGEL WINS AGAIN!!

DrkAngel said:
The more pitiable might even ... become hostile ...
PtDBWaS = Yikes!

I'm just seething with jealousy DrkAngel..

Look at what i got for wasting $200 on a motor, with a $100 controller, running an entire $160 ( *faints* ) worth of RC lipos here..

[youtube]9ifc_YLJCMM[/youtube]

I am sure your eZip is faster than this. Please post a video of your speed demon eZip since i'm sure it's better in every way.

No, i'm serious. Let's get a video of this eZip you modified for faster speeds.
Show us the raw potential of this glorious piece of machinery.

Preferably powered by those ultrafire cells.

Group Buy I think !00+min. People will have to buy two at a time or 5 or more for discount. Writing the contract so first come first served.

neptronix said:
Calm down! You might give yourself a stroke ...
and I might "bust a gut" ...

PtDBWaS

DrkAngel said:
neptronix said:
and I might "bust a gut" ...

PtDBWaS

Sorry ... got carried away.
Guess I'm not being very empathetic.

999zip999 said:
Group Buy I think !00+min. People will have to buy two at a time or 5 or more for discount. Writing the contract so first come first served.

LOL

999zip999 said:
Much preferable would be the IZip Mountain Trailz AL. (If available)

Last year, they were selling at $399 + shipping

Improvements include:
Aluminum frame
Front disc brake
Longer warranty
Noticeably better quality components.
Better colors!
mountain-trailz-men-xl.jpg
IZip%20Blue.jpg

I have one of the 2008 (Red)

No question which bike I'd want if I had $1000-1500.

No question which bike I'd have if I was dead broke and making minimum wage. If the choice was something under $500, or walking miles to a bus that comes by once an hour.

Why is that a problem for you Nep?

dogman said:
No question which bike I'd have if I was dead broke and making minimum wage. If the choice was something under $500, or walking miles to a bus that comes by once an hour.
Almost always true. But there are always exceptions. I'm not broke, not making minimum wage. I don't commute on bicycles or Ebikes or buses. But it's a challenge for me to build things at the lowest cost possible.

My first ebike, a 350W front geared hub, 23mph top speed, 30-50 miles range cost less than $500 including a home built lithium charger. My second ebike a 9c 2807, 40mph top speed, 25-60 miles range cost less than $400 including a cycle analyst.

I have tried an unmolested EZip Trailz about 5 years ago. I have made a promise to myself to never come close to it again. Noise, brushed motor, imbalance, weight, inefficiency, speed, range. I tried but could not find a single nice thing to say about it.

It could have been a decent, acceptable ebike for the mass had Currie used a front brushless geared hub instead of that side mounted, chain driven brushed motor.

DrkAngel said:
neptronix said:
and I might "bust a gut" ... PtDBWaS

I have always believed these Ezip/Currie to be a PERFECT starter bike. There are ebike rental places which buy container lots which are more than they need so they sell the extras off at @ $900 NEW. They also sell their rental fleet off at year end for $500. This is a 500W 36V X 10Ah Lipo. Second NEW battery is $200.
I fail to see what is wrong with someone who does not own even an adjustable spanner, buying one of these ebikes :?: Otherwise they would not get to have an ebike :!:

Decent entry level bike, esp. now that the motors are quieter.

FWIW, Menard's is also clearing out their entry "E-moto" e-bike for $489. http://menards.com/main/outdoor/outdoor-recreation/e-moto-ridge-4-5-electric-assist-bicycle/p-1626561-c-10096.htm

SamTexas said:
dogman said:
Almost always true. But there are always exceptions. I'm not broke, not making minimum wage. I don't commute on bicycles or Ebikes or buses. But it's a challenge for me to build things at the lowest cost possible.

My first ebike, a 350W front geared hub, 23mph top speed, 30-50 miles range cost less than $500 including a home built lithium charger. My second ebike a 9c 2807, 40mph top speed, 25-60 miles range cost less than $400 including a cycle analyst.

I have tried an unmolested EZip Trailz about 5 years ago. I have made a promise to myself to never come close to it again. Noise, brushed motor, imbalance, weight, inefficiency, speed, range. I tried but could not find a single nice thing to say about it.

It could have been a decent, acceptable ebike for the mass had Currie used a front brushless geared hub instead of that side mounted, chain driven brushed motor.

Sam, is the pricing on your 40mph bike still available? Could you tell me what parts you bought and where you got them from. I wouldn't mind a faster bike now. I paid about 400 dollars not including the cost of the donor bike for this:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28355

I thought I was getting a good deal but evidently you got MUCH MUCH better performance for the same price.

I don't want to hijack this thread. I sent you a PM.
BTW, the bike is capable of reaching 40mph on flat ground, but I normally ride it at a much slower speed. My average moving speed is 20mph or less (plenty fast for me since I can never exceed 15mph moving average on my own power.)

I too, typically eBike at the "legal" 20 mph.
I purposely limited my EZip upgrades, to a 30mph target speed.
95% of local streets have that same speed limit and blending smoothly with traffic is my goal.
Tho... just because I can hump along at 30 mph doesn't mean I should ... or would.

On the other hand ... my eMotorcycle will be capable of 65 mph+ ... but that is another story, and will be pretty pricey, will cost me ... about half as much as neps eBike.

PtDBWaS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back