EZip Trailz - On Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SamTexas said:
DrkAngel said:
On the other hand ... my eMotorcycle will be capable of 65 mph+ ...

PtDBWaS
Where are you now on that project? And what is PtDBWaS???

So far:
Have 8kWh recycled Lipo allocated.(all tested good!)
Plan on running as 44.4V - 44 MAGNUM
Will gear for 55 mph standard use, 65+ capable.
Might go 55.5V (add-in pack) for expressway use, 75+ capable.
Might drop 50lb of batt and run in-town at 22.2V!
Battery packs will be modular construction, 3S40P 3.7V 2160mAh = 11.1V x 86.4A = .96kWh
Twin banks of 44.4V 86.4Ah.

Have 8-15HP Etek permanent magnet motor 48V 150amp continuous 300amp surge.
Just built 25A 50.4V charger - 110V - nears standard 20 amp limit
Waiting on 76A 50.4V charger components - 220V 30 amp - if I trim the current, a bit.
Acquired 100' of 9-10ga tinned copper braid, plenty of spare! for "ganging" cells.
20' of 500 amp rated jumper cables - for basic wiring.

Still need:
To choose donor bike, have several crotch rockets to choose from - blown motors!
Motor, batts, controller, charger etc weigh in at 120-125lb.
Looking to match weight with removed - engine, tranny, tank & gas, exhaust, battery etc.

Controller - leaning towards an Alltrax NPX 300A 24-48V sub 20V to 60V+ capable. $200 or less.
AXE model is programmable for "more". Heard too many bad things about "Kelly".
Using a 2000W 24v-60V controller, for basic tests.

Also see - Watts = MPH eMotorcycle

dogman said:
No question which bike I'd want if I had $1000-1500.

No question which bike I'd have if I was dead broke and making minimum wage. If the choice was something under $500, or walking miles to a bus that comes by once an hour.

Why is that a problem for you Nep?

Like Samtexas said.. a hub motor build that you can grow with & upgrade can be had for real cheap.

I built my first eBike for $700 and it was better than the eZip in every way. That included buying one of the most expensive lipo chargers in existence and adding all sorts of bells and whistles.

The upside is that i was able to buy one piece at a time.. $200 here, $100 there, $50 there.. And boom, over the course of 3 months i had accumulated all that i needed, most which was reuseable for my next build :)

( when i say that my next hi-power build cost me $1300, that is kind of a lie.. $500 of those parts i used in the previous build were reuseable on my next build ).

eZips are a step backwards on a forum full of people pushing the limits of what electric drivetrains are capable of. That's my problem. I say keep the discussion of this medicore prebuilt stuff on the horde of various eBike forums full of questions on how to troubleshoot your store brand bike full of proprietary parts. I don't want this forum moving in that direction.

Nep,
This is E-Bike General Discussion. If any and all e-bikes don't fit in with your concept, I suggest you take it up with a moderator. I respectfully suggest that if you are going to sit on your perch and shit on every newbee who comes along because they have a curry or lead, or whatever, IS WRONG :!: :mrgreen:
Why should we exclude 17 year old Sally two shoes, who wants a little help pedalling to work in the summer :?: She might just turn out to be an EE with a passion for EV's :?: The interest in electrons may as well begin here, AT ANY LEVEL. :!: :mrgreen:

I don't want this forum moving in that direction.

This is darl ANgels thread about his Ebike, nep, and this isnt your forum.

I had a currie Walmart Ebike too, I paid 400$ onsale delivered. I used it, it was fun for small trips, go zero to 16 mph in seconds, very powerful on the low speed end. When I was done I sold it to a retired old guy, who used it for fun and short trips in the neighborhood. Sure you can do bettter, but some people need a cheap intro to ebike, and 1000 to 1500 is a lot of money to commit to an Ebike. Sure you will not look like Joe cool on it, and it is no speed demon, but it has it's own niche.

I'm not here to shit on newbies. DrkAngel is not a newbie. He's stuck to the eZip platform and advocated it for years.

http://www.ebikeforum.com/blogs/drkangel/

I'm just tired of a forum full of innovators, intellectuals, and speed freaks being poisoned with talk of mediocre stuff, that is all. On the price argument, thrifty folks like SamTexas and Wesnewell have proven that a decent hub motor build can be done on an eZip budget, with better results.

But the majority has spoken and i will listen to you and stop posting on this thread.

Enjoy your lead sleds, boys.

Thank you guys for letting me know via PMs that my name was again mentioned by this Neptronix. I just don't know what else to do. I have ignored (blocked) him for months and still no success!

neptronix said:
Like Samtexas said.. a hub motor build that you can grow with & upgrade can be had for real cheap.
I never said anything about grow and upgrade! Don't ever bring me into any of your discussion. I do not agree with you and I do not want to be associated with your kind in any way at all. Is that clear enough for you?

neptronix said:
I'm just tired of a forum full of innovators, intellectuals, and speed freaks being poisoned with talk of mediocre stuff, that is all.

Stop for a second and consider what a newbee will think when he reads your poisoned posts :?: Will he say, hey I have one of those and it works fine, but I'm thinking of the next step :?: Or will he say, shit, I'm not welcome here, I better go back to the other dumbies in the vforum :!: This is your personal message, you have left us with.

I don't know why you can't equate supporting lead sleds with supporting freedom to post in a General Discussion.

I did enjoy doing a few donuts in the snow, on DoctorBass's trike today at -17C. 60kmph will freeze your cheeks, without a face shield, in 2 short blocks. I try to make room in my small mind for the innovators and am happy to have been accepted by one, in such a generous manner. Even if I support lead :!: Anyone else over 70 out doing donuts in the snow today :!: :D :D :D
I hope Doc recovers soon from my poison :?: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm sure the EV grin is frozen on my face :!:
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CAQC0441?ref=topnav_search_savedcity
Now AJ will have his confirmation that we freeze our asses off in 99% of Canada, during this time of year.

SamTexas said:
I never said anything about grow and upgrade! Don't ever bring me into any of your discussion. I do not agree with you and I do not want to be associated with your kind in any way at all. Is that clear enough for you?

Aw man, just when i said i'd leave this post.. you gotta bring me back? :lol:

You've got me in tears, Samtexas. Thank you. Priceless as always.
In respect of your wishes, i will now refer to you as "the artist formerly known as SamTexas", represented by this symbol:

samtexas.jpg

I hope this is to your satisfaction.
Good day, SamTexas !

neptronix said:
But the majority has spoken and i will listen to you and stop posting on this thread.
He's back?
Can't even keep his own word.

If enough members click on the "Report This Post" ! and complain about Neptronix, will the powers that be, take notice, and do something?
Should we try it?
I complained about the previous post - "This post is a direct and personal attack against a non-offensive member, by an continuously offensive member. I must object to this type of disruptive harassment."

Hey Neptronix, start your own thread ... and stay there.
Better yet ... start your own forum ... and stay there ... all alone!
PtDBWaS

neptronix said:
I'm not here to shit on newbies. DrkAngel is not a newbie. He's stuck to the eZip platform and advocated it for years.

http://www.ebikeforum.com/blogs/drkangel/

I'm just tired of a forum full of innovators, intellectuals, and speed freaks being poisoned with talk of mediocre stuff, that is all. On the price argument, thrifty folks like SamTexas and Wesnewell have proven that a decent hub motor build can be done on an eZip budget, with better results.

You claim to not be here to “shit on newbies” But it seems your more then willing to shit on everyone else. So given the opportunity I'm certain you won't pass the oppertunity to shit on newbies too.

You knew what the thread was about before you opened it. So if you dislike all things about Currie then why did you even open it let alone read it? I'm guessing you just wanted to get on your soap box again.

You say “ I'm just tired of a forum full of innovators, intellectuals, and speed freaks being poisoned with talk of mediocre stuff”. Looks like a lot of members are tired of hearing you stoning everything and everyone that doesn't pass your personal approval.

So please tell me..... who put you in charge of this forum? And what gives you the right to decide who can post and what they can post about? When the day comes that this or any forum allows bullies to control the free flow of information that's the day I leave the forum.

You are correct the majority have spoken loud and clear. But even with your promise to stop interfering with this thread yet you continue. So how about doing the majority a favor and shut the hell up and crawl back in your hole.

My many thanks and best wishes to you for a very happy and safe new year,

Bob

DrkAngel said:
neptronix said:
He's back?
Can't even keep his own word.

If enough members click on the "Report This Post" ! and complain about Neptronix, will the powers that be, take notice, and do something?
Should we try it?
I complained about the previous post - "This post is a direct and personal attack against a non-offensive member, by an continuously offensive member. I must object to this type of disruptive harassment."

Hey Neptronix, start your own thread ... and stay there.
Better yet ... start your own forum ... and stay there ... all alone!
PtDBWaS

When reporting, if you get the message "This message has already been reported", please choose another one of neptronix's "offensive" messages to report. There are plenty ... spread all over the forum, like a disease!

Guys.. it's late.. i'm going to bed.. without reading this entire thread.. am locking it until morning after i have at least 2 cups of coffee and will figure it out then...

good night all..

thread locked until futher notice. pls.. nobody send me any PM's until i read this entire thing or if any of the other mods are up late want to jump in.. :wink:

ok.. had my coffee... read the thread...

Nep, stay out of DrkAngel's threads, and keep your negative opinions to yourself please.

I dont care if you ride a lead sled, a trike, quad, or rocket boots... everyone is welcome here as long as they are a positive part of the group in general, we all have our days ( self included ) but if DrkAngel wants to post about store bought bikes, so be it, as long as the info is not offensive or misleading, great.

thread.. remains locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back