Fibretech FlyPAN 2015 Dual Diag 12S

okp that video is sick man! Thanks for showing us some more of beautiful Paris, your board is nice too lol I shared your video, hopefully you will get a bunch of views :)

okp said:
meanwhile, I am back from riding, I just can't charge the lipo because you know why, but I can use it :)

almost 18km distance for 3200 mAH used .. I just pushed the throttle in a clear, non pedestrian, safe area and got easily to 42km/h at half throttle.

so I would estimate with good throttle management to get like 40km of distance coverage with my setup... and a top speed... of I don't want to know :)

1428321759-capture-d-ecran-2015-04-06-a-14-02-08.png

1428321819-img-2391.jpg

If anyone has a clue about the wiring feel free :)

Amazing vids, amazing board really love it. (Now I Wana build a longboard version!) but on top of that you get a 12mile range on only 10ah for dual motors!! Isnt That really good or am I just confused and that's the typical miles people get?

Needless to say you got a sick set up.

thanks - on 12S dual diagonal

3200 mAH = 11 miles

so even with my existing setup (8AH) I can get easily around 25 miles ++ !

go build your setup man ! it worth it, whatever the power, it's like snowboarding on flat :D

yes, that will give me a cheap alternative to the 10S 8AH - The 6S5000 are quite high quality finished. I will move everything to EC5 connector but will make an adapter to ensure I have the antispark bullet connector used when charging.

On my rides, I usually consume less than 4000mAH for around 20kms so that should be enough.

As advised, I will charge the two 6S 5AH in parallel and connect them in series to get the 12S 5AH. I got them for a bargain, so worth giving it a try or abuse :)

by the way, I can charge them at 10A right?

You should opt to keep the 4mm HXT. They are nice and thin and easy to fit everywhere. Less force to pull out but also pretty long when plugged in so difficult to come apart from riding vibrations (if you were worried).

Max charge rate is 2C. 10ah = 10amps at 1C - 20amps at 2C. Ideally, charge at 1C as it will let the battery last longer. I would charge at 20amps if you had (4) packs in parallel you were charging.

Only problem with HXT 4mm is that you can plug a battery into a battery. The male and female ends are exactly the same so if you make a mistake and plug 2 batteries together......well have a fire extinguisher nearby.

With EC5 this is impossible to do plus I think EC5 has a higher amp rating.

kentsfreeman said:
Only problem with HXT 4mm is that you can plug a battery into a battery. The male and female ends are exactly the same so if you make a mistake and plug 2 batteries together......well have a fire extinguisher nearby.

With EC5 this is impossible to do plus I think EC5 has a higher amp rating.

True.. Always should be looking which is which though before plugging in. I use to use the EC5 but 4mm HXT are much easier IMO. Amp output on 4mm HXT is 93A and EC5 is 120A. Usually we only want to pull about 60amps per motor. That's an amp output of about 120amps max. 5ah 20C only gives out 100amps max. More then enough, I think. Shoot, I think I seen boosted boards or evolve were using deans connectors lol.

yes, I got bunch of EC5 connectors already ordered and should get the package tomorrow. I have also bought a balance board which includes balancing & connectors which are EC5.

Good news is that I should also receive the 10S 8AH from Bruno tomorrow.

I was used to charge my 7S 10AH at ... 2A - took like 3h30 hours to do half charge ! crazy

I will keep you posted :)

Yo okp! I have that same dual turnigy 10s 5ah battery setup haha!! Is that an alien enclosure that they are in? or your custom HDD box? It looks almost perfect, and I am constantly in the search for the best enclosure for my batteries.

Also, I agree with the EC5 connectors. My local RC store begged me to take the hobbyking 4mm HXT connectors off saying, "Those things have started more fires in the RC world than any other single device."

Good choice there. Better safe than sorry, and it is best to minimize the risk of mistakes.

Edit: I heard from someone at the local Makerspace that the GT2E has acceleration curves on the controller itself. He actually saic, "The next model up from the GT2B has a screen where you can set acceleration curves. You should have bought that one..."

these 2 are 6S 5AH which will give me 12S 5AH

the GT2E has no screen I assume the first version which has a screen with programmable curves on channels is the GT3. I think the best would be to have programmable throttle in ESC.

Only good think about programmable channels in transmitter is the fact that you could be able to switch mode while riding

FS-GT3-24ghz-Radio-1.jpg

C25003.jpg

or the IT4

C24705ORANGE.jpg

or... dx3

dx3c-glamour.png

[youtube]QZb1niXJskQ[/youtube]

nevertheless, I think instead of the bulky look of the GT2x, without any mod or enclosure... I still would prefer the dx2 from spectrum, which look more stealthy and have that extra race look.

1429077522-capture-d-ecran-2015-04-15-a-07-58-27.png

It could be even easier to do an enclosure for this dx2. I am going to search if I can't get a cheap dx2 second sale, just to unmount and check how all the component inside.

Whatever option, having a throttle curve (and switchable) would be great on a transmitter for our longboards... but this will give a little extra weight and you will have to find additional space to fit this. I think this is possible, especially putting a small enclosure for the DX3c...!

Hey guys, guess who's back ? well issues again and again. But new issues.

Got the 10S battery back from Bruno yesterday. He did a great job, even included silicon to make a perfect nice pack which looks awesome.

I plugged the battery as usual in the wattmeter input which is then connected to Alien Power switch (which itself is connected then to ESC), no spark (but that's normal as the power switch is antispark). Button switch is OFF (normal) I then as usual push the button switch ON and got the first beep, then engage transmitter at full throttle... yippees.. works. Well normal.

This morning, I was about to go for a ride test... and as soon as I plugged the battery ... I got a spark (a new one) on the battery connectors (between the battery connectors and the connectors from the Wattmeter... which go to the Alien Power Switch then ESC... and I hear the board start to make the beeps.

This is getting me mad ! It's like the Alien Power Switch is faulty and for whatever reason is now going as passthrough. I checked the switch button plug wires, nothing changed. Even if the button plug is ON or OFF... it's passthrough.

of course... here is the video

[youtube]TLmWR9AeNbk[/youtube]

any thoughts !? Just got Bruno and he is going to send me a new Alien Power Switch in Express mode. I will keep you posted :D

This project is crazy :D not sure I will get better at long boarding... but in soldering and spark identification for sure.

Oh man!!! You have the worst luck with electrical issues, but at least you are keeping your spirits high. I wish I had a solution to your sparking problem, but my advice will probably get you electrocuted lol

It looks like Bruno did a nice job with your battery pack, lets hope the new On/Off is the right fix.

I really like those next level transceivers, the DX3C in particular. The GT3 and iT4 look like they are from Terminator or Tron lol I don't like the orange chrome :(

Sure programming your acceleration through the ESC is great for getting a general feeling, but I think being able to use curves to fine tune the acceleration from my controller is the way to go!

by the way, the GT2E is really better than the GT2B to make an enclosure for. Just disassembled my GT2E (the new one that I got waiting for someone that could make a dope enclosure!)

1429193271-img-2418.jpg

I disconnected the AA battery slot; just wondering if I could use a lipo to power this (it's 4x AA, so 4x1.5V which is 6V) and if yes... which one ? 1S 250mah (3.7V) ?

new connector ! didn't know this one in AS

specs are beyond the EC5

Amass XT90-S anti-spark connector set (75 A) with insulator cap to cover the solder-joints. The anti-spark resistor is integrated into the female connector. Reverse polarity protected connector casing.
Weight 15 g
Length 49 mm
Width 22,5 mm
Hight 11 mm
Max. continous current 75 A
Contacts gold-plated , 4,5mm male connector
Cable 8 mm²
Set content: two-pole male connector, two-pole female connector with integrated anti-spark resistor, two insulator caps

just got for a try a set of Sector 9 78A 76mm with the appropriate wheel driver.

the ride is really different as they are using the same gear (belt etc...) for all wheel size. Wheels even been 78A/76mm are not as grippy as the stock Orangatang 80mm

1429201194-1.jpg

yes - exactly

here it goes for my first thoughts : http://fun.gamani.org/first-thoughts-sector-9-wheels-76mm-78a-on-evolve-carbon-street/

I am wondering which wheels could be adapted on this driver (except these Sector 9 and Bustin Swift Freeride wheels)

1429209123-img-2430.jpg

By the way, I was about to parallel charge my two 6S 5AH with the balance board. As soon as I plug the discharge connector of the first 6S into the balance board, I (AGAIN) got a spark. Damn it. I am now getting afraid of pluging in wires and of sparks. I don't remember having such sparks when I was into RC world ! WTF !

Back