Fibretech FlyPAN 2015 Dual Diag 12S

hi there,

merry xmas to you. I ordered a griffin survivor housing for my iphone 5. I want to have the realtime "calculated" speed in sight while riding. I will be using and testing Iphone APP speedmeters to find out which one is more appropriate, but basically I will make fix this on a riser mounted over the front truck grip or back truck grip; cause I am more often on the front part of the deck than on the rear.

Let's see how it turns, should be getting the case today.

1.jpg

Hey,

It's getting cold in Paris, around 0 degrees celsius (feeling is -6 degrees celsius because of the wind), but well, streets are nice. I am wondering what is your feeling about electronics and lipos and if riding in such temperatures will damage my stuff ? I know that freezing temperatures usually make plastic more breakable ... and that the lipo chemistry is acting slowly close to 0°C... but apart from that, what is your feeling ? should I go for a ride, pick my non electric deck... or stay home :)

The batteries will discharge more quickly... Not sure if this will have any impact on their longevity though

Cool one hour night session in Paris. People are (totally) amazed when they see the boards riding, especially at night when they are hanging in pubs... ! Happy faces everywhere, tourists smiling. Well great moments of joy. I confirm that the GT2B transmitter is the way to go if you want a smooth and predictable riding. Just need to get rid of this ugly case. The neopixel stuff is just beautiful and so detailed.

I am preparing a short video, because the acceleration with the dual motor is really addictive. I added the mount for my Iphone to get a GPS km/h or mph in realtime. I was riding pretty slowly, around 25km/h because the ground was somehow a bit wet and I wanted to keep close of my girlfriend.

1419968130-1.jpg

1419968130-2.jpg

1419968130-3.jpg

1419968130-4.jpg

1419968130-5.jpg

1419968130-6.jpg

1419968130-7.jpg

yeah, pictures don't do justice, small size export from go pro video. the fading is just really stunning.

I am now looking to add... smoke or smog to the board... that could be so fun.... I don't want a LOT but it has to be consistent ... smoking machines are really expensive and also heavy... I found this wizard stick fog wand.... (I have also looked into RC cars or planes... but nothing can fit or produce enough smoke)

[youtube]0yTMNG2B_VM[/youtube]

still having fun ! the front motor is making some weird noise when I am accelerating, it's like something was touching something else. No vibrations. I will investigate and also take this opportunity to clean the bones swiss bearings.

happy new year guys!

1420046467-ceed.jpg

Super nice.... So many possibilities with the sensors... How does it effect range..do they draw much current?
You may need to re tighten the motor case grub screw ,be sure to use a little loctite on it.. Losses it then tap the motor shaft into to take up the slack.. Then retighten the grub..
They always loosen after a few hours then stay tight longer after that..

hey,

Exactly, it was the brushless cage that was unfixed, the only reason why I was not having the same amount of torque... I was riding only on the rear motor wheel only. Just added blue loctite and fixed the bolt again. Perfect :)

For the Flora/LEDS, in fact I am using 1S 1000mah to power up the LEDs and Flora device. I have not recharged the lipo since 1 week and have many hours or riding. LEDs are still bright and clear. For the moment I have not invested in programming the LSM3 or LSM9, because you have to deal with so many possibilities of the accelerometer. Even Adafruit did something similar... and their code is not bulletproof (they state it). The rainbow is eye catching but it's not driven by the accelerometer neither the gyroscope, really awesome.

happy new year folks.

cool sunny 1st of january 2015 session in Paris. I was almost trigger fully engaged, 6°C outside - 7S dual setup. I went up to 25mph (I was expecting more) max speed on a clear flat road . Not sure I can go faster than that in these conditions. Maybe the temperatures are slowing everything down... could it be the root cause ? I looked at the mAH used : 3700maH (over 10AH) and I did 9.5 miles.

hey,

hope you all have a good 1st 2014 electric day ! Some photos to share with you of my daily ride in Paris. Sunny. 6° celsius outside. Great fun. Beautiful city.

Morning session : Longboarding (no electric!)

1420112784-ccccc.jpg

1420113144-ccccceeed.jpg

Afternoon session : Longboarding (electric !) - short run video (1080HD 60fps) and some raw photos

[youtube]o4CkO073V2M[/youtube]

1420147858-1.jpg

1420147858-2.jpg

1420147858-3.jpg

1420147858-4.jpg

1420147858-5.jpg

1420147858-6.jpg

1420147858-7.jpg

1420147858-8.jpg

1420147858-9.jpg

1420147858-10.jpg

1420147858-11.jpg

1420147858-12.jpg

Ride safe!

thanks ! I will keep this updated !

Morning ride with the Evolve Carbon. Speed stuck at 33km/h (20.5 miles per hour). The benefit of the Evolve deck is that it's so big ... that you don't even feel the speed. Maybe the cold temperatures are also impacting this top speed, but it's way slower than my DIY board.

1420370926-img-2085-2.png

1420371668-332.jpg

1420371489-33.jpg

1420370475-evolve1.jpg

my flysky gt2b has arrived ,so il get to work on designing a suitable enclosure for it..i'm thinking keep the battery in the hand section..and stick with a similar ( but smaller ) shape to the current housing..like a Star trek taser..what you think?
The hard bit will be vacuum molding some thing that will hold the trigger mech.. and isnt too hard to glue or screw together.. hmmmmm
The problem that the stahdard housing works quite well and feels comfortable in your hand..but its a bit too large..but not that much ... its a real pity ..the big nose on the end is just fresh air..it doesn't need to be so large..
Im also hovering over the buy it now on the neo-pixels site..they are so beautiful... :D

great to hear from you. don't you think we could change the lipo (which is rectangular shape) with some AW 16340 Li Ion ? This will allow to have something more circular. One cool option could if you keep the lipo to have it positionned over your hand, as a cover. I have many ideas, but I definitely need to get one hand on a 3D printer.

click buy, the neopixel is just really awesome but be careful of the taxes, they ship via UPS. You could get some neopixel leds on european shops.

okp said:
great to hear from you. don't you think we could change the lipo (which is rectangular shape) with some AW 16340 Li Ion ? This will allow to have something more circular. One cool option could if you keep the lipo to have it positionned over your hand, as a cover. I have many ideas, but I definitely need to get one hand on a 3D printer.

click buy, the neopixel is just really awesome but be careful of the taxes, they ship via UPS. You could get some neopixel leds on european shops.

yes we could easily change the battery but why bother..it fits in the hand fine..im trying to make it a conversion that just uses the parts that come on the controller- the control panel needs to go over your hand don't you think? as i say the actual handset now fits in the hand nicely and sits on the floor also... so its hard to improve - yes i could easily design a 3d printed one. in about 1hr..but its the cost per print that's the problem...

well its not really about the cost of the ABS filament ( probably only 100 grams at the most)..its either the price you pay to have it printed or the price of a Printer plus the filament..
in my experience of buying 3d prints ,to have lets says a smaller version of the current case would be around £30-40 for a poor print from a company on the internet maybe if you bought a batch of them you could get it down to £20...a case..then plus the cost of the gt2b ..
Brunos handset ( when it arrives) will be a better option and cheaper in the long run...
The perfect answer is to know a friend with a printer and just pay for filament ..£10 at the most.. or to have your own printer which i must admit me and Bruno have looked into ..but TBH for a decent printer with good resolution its £1500-2000... a big outlay... very frustrating.as there is nothing id like better than to be able to have it sat on my desk..churning out new prototypes... :D

This is the insides of the GT2b...as you can see the battery would fit in the handle and its only the nose section that's too big...the rest is circuit board and trigger mech

20150105_124818_zps92ad3b9b.jpg

20150105_124824_zps19a05bae.jpg

20150105_125002_zpsb68b1d87.jpg

Hi,
I've got a 3d printer and I'm currently working on a new enclosure for the GT2B (since I left my thumb skin on the road because of a Nunchuck glitch ^^).
I'm not really good at 3D drawing but I'm confident to be able make it, maybe before the end of January.
However, if you want to make a 3d file, I can test to print and if it's good send you one for shipping cost price.
My printer is not a high-end printer but print quality is correct and a little sandblasting can make a correct finish.

If you want to make more than a few enclosure, https://www.3dhubs.com/ may be a good choice. The cost is more reasonnable than 3d printing companies.

ok- ill design something... :D
where you based 'haplo' ?
we have a very high resolution printer ( £100k machine) at my work ( the local university) and i can get the prints for just the cost of the material but its still not cheap..although the parts are perfect in finish..
The other problem as you will know is that its rarely fits the first time around..and may require several re-prints..
what format do you need the 3d file?

I'm from France like okp :).

Yes, 3d designing and printing takes a lot of failures but with the good speed settings (and crap quality), enclosure I print take only 45 minutes to finish, not a big deal.
When I have a good model, I think that good quality print may take 2-3 Hours but quality is not needed for print tests :)

STL format is the format for direct upload on my printer, but I can convert from other formats if needed.

that's what I am talking about guys ! :D

Since I made my first (and hopefully only one superman jump) with nunchuck + med acceleration, I am now using GT2B although I cannot prove this is from nunchuck or ESC. Since then I have been riding with low acceleration vs medium when I had my accident.

To be sure, I should be moving to medium accel again and pull full trigger... and see what happens...!

I am now wearing a full BMX suit... seems like I have been bodybuilding since I am 10 years old. Fear!

I think nunchuck is in fault, because i use a HK150A esc and I had the same problem.

The nunchuck was a good idea but it's only a cheap game controller and reliability seems (to me) worse than a RC controller.
I wrote to me because some seems happy with it but not my thumb skin...

Anyway, the nunchuck joystick is a lot less precise than the GT2B trigger.

The only thing I regret from Nunchuck is the program customization on Arduino (cruise control, lights...) and the nunchuck's size.

If beetblocks or I can make a smaller enclosure for GT2B, I think I would forget Nunchuck forever :D

Back