fuse question

john2364

100 mW
I am trying to replace the main fuse in my xtreme x-500. I can find the fuses online but they are quite overpriced for fuses. What kind of fuse would I use for 48V? I want to replace the entire fuse holder so that I can use generally available fuses. Is it safe to use a general A/C fuse that is rated up to 32V?

IIRC, thats just a glass 20 amp fuse. Any automotive shop should have them in packs of 5 for $3.oo a pack. heck, most grocery stores have them. You could also replace it with a Blade style automotive 20 amp fuse, but IMHO, its not worth the effort.

If you blow the fuse often, try moving to a 25 amp fuse. If you still are blowing them, then you may have another problem.

I went to a blue sea systems push button on my x-500. Fits right in where the original fuse holder was.

Drunkskunk said:
IIRC, thats just a glass 20 amp fuse. Any automotive shop should have them in packs of 5 for $3.oo a pack. heck, most grocery stores have them. You could also replace it with a Blade style automotive 20 amp fuse, but IMHO, its not worth the effort.

If you blow the fuse often, try moving to a 25 amp fuse. If you still are blowing them, then you may have another problem.

I have tried thoes and they do not fit. It looks like they are gma fuses rather than the standard agc fuses. The 20a gma fuse is 3/16 of an inch diameter and 3/4 inch in length instead of 1/4 x 1 1/14.

ok so will a 32v fuse work? I am concerned because this fuse runs between the charger and the battery. The charger is a 48v charger and the fuses all seem to be rated at 32v. Is it safe to use a 32v fuse in this application?

Back