Giant NRS/Mac hub/48v Headway now A123 build

1000w said:
beast775 said:
would motor heat cause the hardenening of plastic,then destruction? wow great gear pics.that is true blast technology.haha :shock:
I don't think this happened as the motor never got hot, barely warm. Thanks for the input though.
AussieJester said:
Soz to hear you minced the gears Matt..

All he best Matt..i'm sure you will get it sorted soon buddy

KiM
How are you mate? Come on, is that all you've got. Not even the word "frock" in your post?
Cheers,
Matt.P.

Nup... not on the forum...in private you will cop it don't worry LoL..but Mate... you take time out of your day to take me for rides, I aint about
to try and make you look silly ... You have my respect Matt...and your bikes too...:) Doesn't mean though i wont beat the piss out of your frock bike with my L337 rc setup... ... i know you love it :mrgreen: :p :lol:

KiM

You guys are funny! Great news that the MAC's are getting some reveisions! I can't wait to see what they are! Cell Man, tell them they need to either increase the press fit on the gear cluster where it mates to the axle (and the motor side as well) or spline it in place (this would be best). If they do that and just drill both sides of the axle for us, we would be in BUSINESS! Some better gears would help, but the steel gear with these things done I think will take a good beating.. Then we can put MORE juice through it! LOL! Sorry to hear about the motor Matt, Nice bike and hope its up and running soon!

AussieJester said:
1000w said:
Come on, is that all you've got. Not even the word "frock" in your post?

Nup... not on the forum...
Jesus that'd be a bloody first! :lol:

Matt the block time would definitely account for your spikes. Set it to 0 and it should stick close to the limit. In normal use even a 1 or 2 second block time wouldn't be an issue but if you've been doing wheelies that puts maximum stress on the gears.

Hyena said:
AussieJester said:
1000w said:
Come on, is that all you've got. Not even the word "frock" in your post?

Nup... not on the forum...
Jesus that'd be a bloody first! :lol:

Matt the block time would definitely account for your spikes. Set it to 0 and it should stick close to the limit. In normal use even a 1 or 2 second block time wouldn't be an issue but if you've been doing wheelies that puts maximum stress on the gears.

HAHA yes I just spoke to Matt on the phone few minutes ago and he was also surprised, i did inform him though
it was a luxury only he gets :p and if it was you Hyena or J.J or YPedal MaNz you
wouldn't hear the end of it for 10 pages :mrgreen: :lol: :p

Matts bike is all up and running but he is still looking forward to getting the new gears from Cell_Man
when available. I am surprised the frock lasted this long as Matt explained previous page he's pumping 2300watt through
what a 500watt motor isn't? I'm actually quite impressed it lasted this long. I do want to make it very
clear that its not Cell_Mans fault or any indication the motor has reliability issues, Matt was fully aware this could
happen running the motor outside of the manufactures specifications, Matt has said several times to me
Cell_Man has been absolutely fantastic to deal with and highly recommends dealing with him.

KiM

Thanks Kim :)

I don't know the full extent of the mods they are doing with the Mac, but I do believe they can be applied to the existing motors. Hopefully have some more news soon and will get some parts over to Matt or whoever else is keen to try them them as soon as I can.

Cell Man, I am IN to try anything you come up with, If Matt's motor with 48V did that well with Aussie's bike, Mine on 66.6V (if I can make it live) would be nearly as fast! (NEARLY Aussie, I know yours is faster..LOL) I have actually been considering making a new Axle to fix the fitment/offroad strength issue, and if I do that I might spline it and have the corresponding pieces machined to match locally.. I truly think that is all that's needed to fix the issues, that and either the steel gear(s) or some good composites. These few things would make a huge difference in the motor's ability to take punishment, the design is great, just needs a little tweaking to be able to over-volt it really well considering they never seem to get hot!

Whiplash said:
Cell Man, I am IN to try anything you come up with, If Matt's motor with 48V did that well with Aussie's bike, Mine on 66.6V (if I can make it live) would be nearly as fast! (NEARLY Aussie, I know yours is faster..LOL)

Wellz..i can see what needs to be done, Next time Matts up (with the bike) we shall do a lil side by side acceleration test to show the difference in speeds camera on Matts bike, i don't think the words "did well" will be used then :mrgreen: :p :lol:

KiM

LOL, I know yours is BAD! I was just saying, compared to that ROCKET you were on, it did surprisingly well next to it.

hi 1000w, nice looking NSR, tires and front fork looks great. I plan to put the same tires; slick or how they are called on my new bike.

On Friday bought NRS model 2004 frame; Yesterday I dismounted rear fork to change/check ball bearings (one is cracked and rest are worn out, - there is some lateral movement), also rear shock needs to be changed. I hesitate if this is worth to invest. Bearings are quit difficult to get plus they are expensive. I'm interested how good or bad NRS suspension is; are you happy with it; I know that it has only 75mm rear travel with 6.5" shock. I've started thread http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23682. Present or few years old bikes have 150mm rear wheel travel. Does this more travel makes uneven pavements more even; I know for sure that with my current HT when I do 30kmp or more on trail or cracked pavement my back starts to feel it much. So all this move to FS is to get some puffy rides.

We'll wait for 1000w's take on his choice but I've been riding an a non-electric NRS1 for several years and its not a puffy ride. Giant NRS is an ultra light FS Racing Frame 1st. They do great in urban settings with softening the occasional sidewalk/pot-hole hits. If your looking for Puff/Plush rides something with a bit more rear travel like the Specialized FSR line would fit the bill. I'll be converting my NRS1 over in a couple weeks because I think it is a great choice for urban/fire road bashing.

Hi there minde28383,
All my other ebikes have been hard tails so I can only compare the NRS to them.
I love the NRS and like SoMoney says, I also think they are an excellent choice for an "urban assault bike"
My NRS build rides like a sports motor bike around corners but still smooths out most bumps, I regularly take 90 deg suburban street corners at 40kmh.
Good luck with the build.
Matt.P.

Back