GNG / CYC X1 Pro 3000w

knurf said:
Via a cycle analyst.

There is more than one way to run throttle thru CA is it passthru or did you try current / power mode? Passthru is the only one that works great.

I doubt you will see 100 battery amps on this motor except maybe as a very momentary peak. People making the most power are using high voltage and flux weakening. They are only drawing about 80 amps max.

My setup can hit about 80 battery amps too, if motor is opened up with heavy load in late constant torque range.

As far as this motor vs a tangent, the astro in the tangent is probably actually a little more efficient at peak.

flat tire said:
knurf said:
Via a cycle analyst.

There is more than one way to run throttle thru CA is it passthru or did you try current / power mode? Passthru is the only one that works great.

I doubt you will see 100 battery amps on this motor except maybe as a very momentary peak. People making the most power are using high voltage and flux weakening. They are only drawing about 80 amps max.

My setup can hit about 80 battery amps too, if motor is opened up with heavy load in late constant torque range.

As far as this motor vs a tangent, the astro in the tangent is probably actually a little more efficient at peak.
You are certainly right about Astro motor, but definitely not when mated with tangent transmission. These two burning over 300W just spinning in the air and producing a lot of heat and noise.

Ok I would like a gng x1 pro gen 2. Having a custom battery Samsung 40t 72v 20s6p 90amp BMS for my Kona kukapu f.s. so the triangle is full.
I would like to be fully plug and play kit no programming just worry about battery connectors.
Plus can someone explain the advantages and disadvantages of the different gear setups they have in the speeds. I'm blind on this.

The gearing is pretty flexible. I would get the stock package. I have 11/63 for the 219H stage and a 32T in front for the bike chain. My top cassette does 20 mph in low gear at 23T and about 36 mph top gear in the 11T. This is on 12S.

The low gear has enough reduction to make sensorless starts easy and it will climb any hill you can stay on the bike for.

What's the difference between the gears? I'm running a 29er and don't want to overheat the motor. Or does it really matter?

Hi, if the torque sensor for this is only on the left crank does that mean it only senses pressure from that side?

Ok looking to buy as a have many links and different opinions 3,000 Watt 5,000 Watt the controller is shit and so on
Was told to buy yayungking controller and. So Luna has a 60amp Bluetooth controller.
So does anyone have a link for a gng x1 pro gen2
72v kit. I will get the kit with it's controller first I think the 35amp one to start and then look at the 60amp Luna 60amp later. What display as I don't want my phone on the handle bars. Plus waiting for response from gng.
With many models I only want to buy one time. Thank you.

Ok I'm going to pull the trigger on the 5,000 Watt gng x1 pro gen 2 . only stock controller and display available on newest link from gng. For 1,001 usd. I will go down and check bottom bracket width for Kona kukapu f s. It's an;old one so I think 68mm ? ??

https://www.cycmotor.com/product-page/x1-pro-gen-2-36-72v-5000w-extreme-mid-drive-conversion-kit-with-torque-sensor

This one offers the BAC 800

Yes but the link from gng itself gave me a link without controller choice available or display available in the link send by gng.
Ok tried again and got back with the 800 and display as couldn't access early. Thanks getting both upgrades and short crank arms half twist Anything else ? Does that controller fit in it's spot or bolt outside ?

999zip999 said:
Yes but the link from gng itself gave me a link without controller choice available or display available in the link send by gng.
Ok tried again and got back with the 800 and display as couldn't access early. Thanks getting both upgrades and short crank arms half twist Anything else ? Does that controller fit in it's spot or bolt outside ?

Bac800 fits in the spot. They should give you a mount for it.

filth said:
Is it actually possible to drive the X1 Pro with the torque sensor in PAS only mode? If yes, how do I set it up?

Yes, possible and very easy. You just go into the smartphone app and set up one of the modes to have throttle turned off, and of course make sure pedal assist is turned on in that mode.

I've been shopping for a kit to put on an Enduro bike and reading all the threads I can find comparing them. Is this GNG kit now reliable enough to consider moving forward with? In the Cyclone thread, the first 20 pages have members berating GNG like crazy https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=69867 . I assume that the CYC X1 Pro Gen 2 is not what they were complaining about but am mostly contemplating the Cyclone or the X1 Pro and prefer the look/finish of the X1. Do you all expect better long term reliability on the X1 than was referenced in the Cyclone thread? My assumption is that the complaints at the time pre-Cyclone were based on a incomplete solution but reading this whole thread it seems the Gen 1 had some growing pains as well. Would love to hear your input.

Deephaven said:
I've been shopping for a kit to put on an Enduro bike and reading all the threads I can find comparing them. Is this GNG kit now reliable enough to consider moving forward with? In the Cyclone thread, the first 20 pages have members berating GNG like crazy https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=69867 . I assume that the CYC X1 Pro Gen 2 is not what they were complaining about but am mostly contemplating the Cyclone or the X1 Pro and prefer the look/finish of the X1. Do you all expect better long term reliability on the X1 than was referenced in the Cyclone thread? My assumption is that the complaints at the time pre-Cyclone were based on a incomplete solution but reading this whole thread it seems the Gen 1 had some growing pains as well. Would love to hear your input.

CYC as of today still has software and some hardware(mainly with controller) issues. Just regular diy ebike stuff. If you are looking for perfection you won't find it here or there.

I don't expect perfection....that would be boring. That being said I want it to work without replacing half the system and for it to be fundamentally reliable. (ie, self inflicted things I am not concerned with, but if running at 1kW melts gears it is not reliable).

From your comments I assume the GNG system being looked down on in the Cyclone thread is different and generally the X1 Pro is a good buy?

P.S. Is there a reason that the X1 Pro or Revel aren't in the sticky? https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69709

Deephaven said:
I don't expect perfection....that would be boring. That being said I want it to work without replacing half the system and for it to be fundamentally reliable. (ie, self inflicted things I am not concerned with, but if running at 1kW melts gears it is not reliable).

From your comments I assume the GNG system being looked down on in the Cyclone thread is different and generally the X1 Pro is a good buy?

P.S. Is there a reason that the X1 Pro or Revel aren't in the sticky? https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69709

Gng(cyc parent company) sell the cyclone 3000w with their own mount, it is the most solid version to be found.
The cyc is much more expensive and a bit better and lighter, but still not perfect.

motor is top notch.
software just sucks.

throttle is pretty crap. worst throttle i ever had in the last decade.
i think using asi 800/855 (or higher) is the only option.

1000$ worth? not with stock controller ;(

Merlin said:
motor is top notch.
software just sucks.

throttle is pretty crap. worst throttle i ever had in the last decade.
i think using asi 800/855 (or higher) is the only option.

1000$ worth? not with stock controller ;(

Well the throttle is the ali $3 special, also known to get stuck WOT from water damage...

no. the behavior itself makes it unusable as a "throttle".
do you have a gen2? if so you should know what i mean.

its good for simpliest commuting or setup with a high delay good to start at steep hills.
anything else is unusable.

if i put that 3$ throttle on a nucular, asi or any other "real" trq throttle it will work fine in his quality range.

Merlin said:
no. the behavior itself makes it unusable as a "throttle".
do you have a gen2? if so you should know what i mean.

its good for simpliest commuting or setup with a high delay good to start at steep hills.
anything else is unusable.

if i put that 3$ throttle on a nucular, asi or any other "real" trq throttle it will work fine in his quality range.

I have a domino throttle. I use these thumb throttles for their waterproof connectors :lol:

Back