gng kit info

roadstar

1 mW
Hi,

http://www.gngebike.com/new-24v-36v350w-mountain-mid

I recently bought a gng mid drive kit (as per the link). I got it second hand, it is the 24volt 350watt motor version. I fitted it to a spare bike frame and ran it at 24 volts. Very quiet but I only got 17mph out of it at 24 volts (without pedaling).

I'm wondering if I overvolt the gng kit from 24 volts to 36 volts I will see a performance improvement?

The question is can the gng 24volt controller be overvolted? The 36 volt and 24 volt version of the kit are the same price but the controller and throttle are labeled 24 volts- anyone tried overvolting?

I'm hoping the same controller for the 36volt kit is used for the 24 volt kit but the difference maybe the label. I don't want to blow the controller by upping it to 36 volt so does anyone know if its 36 volt capable?

thanks in advance for any help -

took a chance and fitted a 36 volt lipo battery to the bike (charged to 41volts) and it works no problem. The difference between 24volts and 36volts on this kit is at 24 volts it accelerates gently and tops out around 17 mph, with 36volts it accelerates like a demon and I got 19mph out of it but the extra power made the motor flex and the chain kept dropping out.

motor may run hotter at the extra voltage (did not seem to but only tested briefly) and the controller may need to be swopped out for a 36 volt controller as the controllers designed to protect a 24 volt battery and I don't want to run my 36volt battery below 24 volts.

Nice article - thanks.

I'd be happy running my bike at 36 volts - no higher.

the motor I have with the gng kit is the 'unite MY1016Z3' ( 350W 24V, 9,47Nm) which is a different motor to those fitted to the izip's in the article. This motor is really quiet compared to the other mid drive bike I have which has an izip motor in it.

The mid drive I built with an izip motor runs 36volts, it's supposed to run at 24 volts and is the 200watt version but although it gets hot at 36volts it's been running ok for the last 1000 miles and I have got spare motors. The only downside with the izip motor for a mid drive is the noise which draws attention.

Hi,

just removed the motor to put onto my new bike, the motor is labeled....

MY1616, 24 VOLTS 18 AMPS 330 (WATTS?), UNIT MOTOR CO LTD

Regards

Back