Golden Motor Silver Battery Box Repair Puzzle 48V 10Ah

efreak

100 W
Hello to all yet again and thanks for all the experts sharing and helping us newbs!

I received this pack not long ago and during assembly the bike must have hit against something ever so gently at the black end of the battery pack where the charging rca (3/8 inch mount) plug is causing to break. :cry: of course i did not notice this at first and only notice the loose outer negative ring. any how somehow the white insulator also came out and there was a spark between the two charging ends.

Now aside from not being able to find a 3/8" female rca plug and a 1/4 inch doesn't seem to fit
even though the charger rca look alike male end does not have the long middle positive
( I should add that the pack is at 52.2 volt and that everything else is fine 2 lights under load )

so hesitantly i attached A regular female rca plug but with no luck only green light

if the pack is working other wise why isn't it charging? BTW i also disconnected the 12 wire connector to the bms momentarily and reconnected in case there .
any thoughts?

With many Thanks
Golden%20Motor%20Battery%20Pack.jpg

Hello There,

I have a very similar battery pack to you (although i dont use it anymore as its not powerfull enough) Have you replaced the white insulating ring on the charging connector? The battery charger will try to check the battery voltage before starting to charge and if the +and voltage sence connectors on the charging plug are shorted together then it will be reading its own voltage instead of the battery voltage so it will think the battery is full and stop charging. if the charge plug is not repairable then im sure you can pick up a replacement charger for cheap.

I would guess that something is not right with the plug. A broken connection reads same as charged, so the green light on the charger shows. You may have to rig some other kind of plug, with a short wire hanging out of the battery pack for charging.

I am going to check if i get a reading inside the box at the little rca connector solder points and carefully not short the charger.

the seller has agreed to ship a connector for $20

i hope that fixes the problem i don't see any burn marks on the bms or anywhere else

ty

Broken connections at the plug are super common. I bet that is your trouble.

theRealFury said:
Hello There,

I have a very similar battery pack to you (although i dont use it anymore as its not powerfull enough) Have you replaced the white insulating ring on the charging connector? The battery charger will try to check the battery voltage before starting to charge and if the +and voltage sence connectors on the charging plug are shorted together then it will be reading its own voltage instead of the battery voltage so it will think the battery is full and stop charging. if the charge plug is not repairable then im sure you can pick up a replacement charger for cheap.

when the two charging wires on the battery touched and spark does that damage something on the bms in your opinion i 'll post a pic of the bms side of the pack it looks normal mind you it has shrink material covering most of the parts

why can't you show us what is broken with a picture? after reading all this, i still don't have a clue. did you take the pack apart and disconnect the sense wire cables to the BMS?

it was the charging ends on the battery not the output end that shorted .

the rca connector, is it an isolated connector? I wonder
i replaced with a regular rca an only green light on the chrger comes on when connected to the battery pack looks like an old antenna connector . may be this part http://octopart.com/nys367-9-neutrik-2524023

I did disconnect the small rca that I had attached to do some more testing
there is no voltage (Zero) detected between the yellow positive that goes to bms (charging leads) and the green that goes to bms

as my good friend mentioned
theRealFury said:
Hello There,

if the charger is to detect some voltage to begin charging then it is not detecting any.

what is next?

they said that the battery would not put any volts (controller end)if the bms were damaged. there are no fuses on this side that i can see . there is a 30 amp fuse at the controller end and it is good.

i believe this is a 13s 3p 26650 4amp batteries li ion It should be 14s i guess

Back