Greenspeed Etrike Powertrain

Capo_au

10 mW
Hello all

I'm trying to find answers to a couple of questions if anyone is able to help.

I'm having a little trouble trying to calculate the top speed for an electric trike project i'm planing. Unfortunately i'm a complete novice when it comes to most of this so bear with me.

In short, i'm planing on using recumpence's single stage reduction setup with the Astro 3210 motor(run at 48V, 12S LiPo) on a Greenspeed trike with 16inch wheels. The reduction drive will be connected to the rear wheel using a freewheel sprocket (drive side) and a larger disc break mouted sprocket on wheel.

I would like the top speed to be 55km/h (34mph).So far as I can tell that equates to around 720rpm for the rear wheel.

Looking at Astroflights website it seems I can expect around 10,000rpm from the motor under load when run at 48V. So this would require a reduction of 13 to 1 for speeds of 55 to 60km/h.

Sound about right so far?

Provided this is correct, what I really need to know now is how much of a reduction I can expect from recumpence's single stage drive?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

-Capo

I can help you there.

Using the standard pulleys on Matt's drive gives you a ratio of 4.375.

So, if you are using bike chain/sprockets from the output of the drive, e.g. a 16T freewheel, you would then want a ratio of 3, giving a total reduction of 13.125. Therefore, a 48T sprocket on the rear wheel will do this for you. :D

Grinhill said:
I can help you there.

Using the standard pulleys on Matt's drive gives you a ratio of 4.375.

So, if you are using bike chain/sprockets from the output of the drive, e.g. a 16T freewheel, you would then want a ratio of 3, giving a total reduction of 13.125. Therefore, a 48T sprocket on the rear wheel will do this for you. :D

Thanks Grinhill, that is exactly the information I was looking for down to the letter. :D

Capo,

Good to see you here. :)

I can get you that motor in black as well as a black drive too if you would like.

I also make round tube frame mount kits as well. I make mounts for 1.5 inch, 2 inch, and 2.5 inch tube. They are in stock.

Motors and drives require a wait, though.

Anyway, it is good to see crossover forum members. ;)

Matt

Thats great news. When the dust settles on this trike plan I will put an order in.

So far its look as though I will be after the motor, single stage 'eDrive', a mount (size not known atm) and if that wasn't enough, one of your sprocket adaptors.

So pretty much the whole package.

I'm holding off placing an order for the time being until I have everything completely thought through. Nothing worse than receiving all these fantastic parts only to realize the rear wheel can't be swapped out to take a a disc brake hub or that the chain wont clear the frame etc. I need to get my hands on the trike first for the final measurements.

recumpence said:
Anyway, it is good to see crossover forum members. ;)

I think you may have be confused with another person? The only other forum that I frequent that is remotely close to this field would be CPF.

Cheers.

Back