Grin videos

E-HP

10 GW
Throwing out a plug for the videos posted in the last few months by Grin, since I didn't see them mentioned here. The first set is on the use of the Grin Simulator. They are really informative, and even though I felt I knew most of the stuff on the first intro video, there were still a couple of options, that I probably won't be using, that were new to me, and good to know about in certain situations. The second video is more in depth and great to geek out on.

The other video I found interesting was just posted on locking the clutch on geared motors to support regen. Justin gets out the welder to spot weld the clutch on a few motors. Pretty cool and he makes it look easy.

Throwing out a plug for the videos posted in the last few months by Grin, since I didn't see them mentioned here. The first set is on the use of the Grin Simulator. They are really informative, and even though I felt I knew most of the stuff on the first intro video, there were still a couple of options, that I probably won't be using, that were new to me, and good to know about in certain situations. The second video is more in depth and great to geek out on.

The other video I found interesting was just posted on locking the clutch on geared motors to support regen. Justin gets out the welder to spot weld the clutch on a few motors. Pretty cool and he makes it look easy.

April 2023.....and you are just now finding out about locking the clutch to get Regen working on a geared hub motor.

Wow....How is it possible to miss out on that low hanging fruit for so long?

April 2023.....and you are just now finding out about locking the clutch to Regen working on a geared hub motor.

I never cared, and still don't, but it's interesting. Something to point to if someone asks about it :bigthumb:

April 2023.....and you are just now finding out about locking the clutch to get Regen working on a geared hub motor.

It's even weirder that nobody else has executed on the idea.
Pretty sure it was first mentioned on ES in the late 2000's. :es:

Back