Guide for controller troubleshooting

medusa569

100 W
As a newbie to controller repairs I decided I should not waste the 4 broken ones I have and learn to fix them as well as beef up any new ones. I have recently tested a ku123 controller I have ( after putting in new mofsets 4110s ) , took out wires I didn't need and tested the continuity as outlined on ebike.ca. If I am doing it right I insert one probe into the black anderson power terminal on the controller to each phase wire. I then repeat that process inserting the probe this time into the red anderson power on the controller. I get continutiy sounds from the latter but nothing on the first when testing ground to phase wires. What can be the logical sequence of cheking from this point. None of the caps looks blown, neither do any of the other 3 resistors. I've done some dsearching but came up with nothing as far as a step by step diagram of things to check ...similar to appliance repairs. Are suggestions as far as DIY learning controllers repairs and what to check from this point? :?:

dnmun said:
you can use the diode tester on the voltmeter to test the mosfets for the presence of the body diode to determine the condition of the mosfet.

the mosfets are brand new...already soldered in 4110s. I don't quite understand what you are saying (electronics newbie as well) unless a meter can be hooked up in series.....I'll assume that the new mosfets were in good shape. If it is not a mosfet problem then what do I look at next aside from the two caps near the power and ground wires?

Back