Happy smile

Trilska

10 W
Hello Endless

Over the last two years my only bike have been my kmx typhoon (recumbent trike) (electric conversion is going forward but in no way coplete yet) and i have put a couple of thousand km on it, so i was interested in something a little more offroad capability. So last sunday i bought myselfe a second hand mtb. Went out in the late evening on my first run, and absolutely loved it! Despite +4 degrees rain and wind. So the day after i took it out again, on a beautiful spring day.

On a sidenote my only ony mtb experience before this have been a couple of days on a borrowed bike, and of course messing around in the forest as a kid.

But back to the story, after about an hour i found myselfe in front of a steep downhill, quite short, smooth and covered with pine needles. So i tried to take it nice and slow down it... I did not end up taking it nice and easy... Nope it was the old clasic, over the handlebar and i ended up landing on my face :x

Exept i did not exactly land on my face among the relativly soft pine needles, i ended upp taking up the majority of the crash with my two front teeth och the only pice of rock there. If you have ever used a hammer on a hard rock like granit, you know the white dust and the smell of chrushed rock that comes. Yep i managed to creat that with my front teeth.

So there i was, alone in the forest sitting on all for being midly confused trying to locate my missing tooth. Noticed i was bleeding from my face but unsure on how much.(quite comical if you know that you are probebly looking like a bleeding madman while bikeing past a couple of daycare centers) :|

Getting home around 30 min after the crash scaring the gf taking a quick shower and walking away to the dentist. Getting there and of course the reception is not open :(
Going up to the first nurse coming to call in the next patient, and say with a smile, "i think i need some help" :D (quite effective way to get attention at a dentist).

But they sent me away to the emergency dental care clinic (ie they thought it was to bad for them to handle). Ended up getting a time at the 1.5 hours later, so there was enough time to go home and take a couple of pictures in the afternoon sun.

urklipp.jpg

They ended up digging out some splinters from the shattered teeths and stabalizing a lose one. So now i am looking forward to more dental care and i best case senario a dental crown or two, and the worst case senario involves titanium bolts into my skull (Cyborg here i come), depending on how bad the cracks into the periodontal are.

The good news thou because i only turned 24 i am still a child from the veiwpoint of dentalcare here in Sweden so i have not payed a single öre yet (cent) :wink: Other than that everything should be covered by my insurance.

//Trilska

Ps. I cant wait untill i am able to take it for a ride again, need a new helmet. Ds.

This is why i always wear a full face helmet. Nice work man taking the photos. That was not the happy smile i was expecting. Hope you recover soon 8)

two words- full face- and remember to hug the ground next time not just kisses! :lol:

also. is it just me or do most accidents occur during moments of inexperiance, combined with having the best time ever. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

my first downhill bicycle trip ended with fractured spine, but it was due to inexperiance in the terrain , same as you. first trip to the actual mountains i lasted around 15 minutes before i had a mouthful of gravel and dirt. fifteen more and i was in the hospitol haha be careful out there kids.

Yep, fullface sure have its use. Should have learned that after a skiing crash... There i ended up being slightly unconscious and using my face as a brake.

On the other hand i am even more critical to having hands up front instead of legs. So now i present you my new dreambike.

azub.jpg
A recumbent mtb :lol:

I do need to test one out properly, when the wallet allows.

I got a titanium screw in my jaw with a false molar glued
on top of it. Just to ease your mind, having the jaw drilled
and screw placed is a totally painless afair so no worries.
It will just take some time, in my case the whole process took
about 4 to 5 months. First the bone has to heal, then the screw
is placed after which it again has to heal etc etc.

If you are going to knock your two front teeth its mildly better to have had fun upto that point. I saw a girl (16yrs old) 14 yrs ago knock her top teeth through on a beer bottle. Really didn't realise the risk of that till I'd seen it happen for myself.
Also what age does swedens dental plan declare you and adult? hope you get a decent set of gnashers back.

You recive free dental care up to the year you turn 24, so i figured it is time to knock out my teeth so i can take advantage 8)

is placed after which it again has to heal etc etc. Lebowski

Good to hear that i wont have to look forward to any unbearable pain. On the other hand i am quite suprised on how little overall pain this have caused, other than the local anesthetic i recived when they dug out the splinters from the busted tooth i have not have any need for painkillers at all. On a sidenote the gf is quite grumpy over that fact, and thinks i would take it all a little more serously if i just felt more pain.

Trilska said:
On a sidenote the gf is quite grumpy over that fact, and thinks i would take it all a little more serously if i just felt more pain.
BWAHAHAHA :lol: Sounds like she is wishing pain apon you..

Trilska said:
You recive free dental care up to the year you turn 24, so i figured it is time to knock out my teeth so i can take advantage 8)

is placed after which it again has to heal etc etc. Lebowski

Good to hear that i wont have to look forward to any unbearable pain. On the other hand i am quite suprised on how little overall pain this have caused, other than the local anesthetic i recived when they dug out the splinters from the busted tooth i have not have any need for painkillers at all. On a sidenote the gf is quite grumpy over that fact, and thinks i would take it all a little more serously if i just felt more pain.
Tsssk tsssk you're going about it all wrong :D complain, moan, this is the chance to get
her to fuss over you ! Don't see it as abusing the situation, think of how good she will
feel taking care of her poor injured man :D don't deny her this !

When you mention it. the pain is increasing if there only was a way to sooth it... ohh beer.... Honey! would you mind bringing a beer to your lad who fought so bravly against the dreadfull rock. (complimented with the mandatory puppy eyes)

Now that is quite a nice NON-ebike grin!

I did that to my front tooth with a skateboard when I was 20. I have a nice crown there now :D

Full face helmet for sure. Heal up!

Such insperation, much violence.

Updated future career plans untill the 27th.

Startup a new sport, hockey MMA. (or is that just a normal hockey match? :twisted: )

Afther the 27th become a professional cable cutter.

jaws.jpg

Back